No loss this week! Need an Expert!

Lilly

Hi guys

Am mortified weighed in last nite and have maintained! This is wk 6 and the first time that I had an occassion I had to attend. I am on 790, so with the advice of my counsellor I had some carbs and chicken before I went out on Saturday nite (I had rice and chicken). Had 3 pints of lager&lime (yes I will always be stuck in 1989) and that was it. Sorry for the detail but I did actually puke so thought that was a good thing! In my head that's 1 small blip out of 7 days would that really affect an entire week of VLC dieting? My Counsellor said it was because my glycogen stores would have been refilled? I'm not sure about the science. I dip in and out of ketosis anyway....am confused can't believe the peeks and troffs with this diet!! Any1 shed any light for me......

I would agree - glycogen is like a sponge in that it holds 3x it's weight in water.The rice and alcohol would convert to glycogen.

So drink plenty of water - stick to 790 100% and next week you'll have a really good loss! Good luck.

Hi Lilly,

When you introduce carbs on a vlcd it is like turning on a tap...

Going by what you say you have eaten and drank I would think it is mostly water your holding onto.

The sugar from the drink would of entered your blood stream instantly so puking does not make much of a difference to the calorie intake.

1 pint of larger is about 230 calories, a good dash of cordial 10 calories or there abouts.

The fact the scales did not move is much better than seeing a gain.

As it is mostly glycogen and water you should see a drop in the scales next week if you stay on the plan.

Alcohol is a real no, no on this diet and as you see it has thrown you out of kilter this week.

Love Mini xxx

Like others have said at least you have not put any weight on, you will soon lose the pounds again. I am due out twice this weekend I intended on doing the same a meal plus a few drinks, if I don't put any weight on then great!
I don't get to go out much so I will enjoy and get back to SS on Sunday.

THANKS for your time guys! Its just sooo annoying that the slightest change cocks it all up!! Aaaagh!!! Onwards and upwards an all that. Have a good week.......! :wave_cry:

Chin up Lilly - you're doing really well. Just stay focused this week and you'll be jumping around next WI I'm sure. You can do it!!!

Thanks Dobbie! What are we doing eh?! Going pics 2nite with my skinny friend, a can of coke zero and my bar!! Mental isn't it!!!

Lilly don't let a zero loss put you off. I didn't lose anything last week either, but this week I lost 5lb. I think my body was trying to catch up as I'd had good losses the previous weeks.

The little 'blip' you had could easily have been enough to stop a small weight loss.

Good luck for this week :D

Back