no loss!

laurenmXD

I'm always under my calorie goal and am doing excersize at least 4 times a week and I am just not loosing!
It's so frustrating :(
This is more of a moan really but if anybody could help me out or give me any tips on why I'm not loosing would be nice.

It's impossible to tell what the reason is without knowing exactly what you eat etc. but the most common reason for no weight loss is so-called 'under-reporting' on food, mainly due to portion sizes being a lot smaller than you would think. For example cheese- the actual serving size is like a small box of matches or smaller, most people would have more than this as a portion. Protein servings are the size of a pack of cards- again smaller than most of us expect. Some foods- rice, potatoes and pasta in particular- can soon clock up extra calories as once again you guessed it- the serving size is small, and on MFP some foods are listed with smaller than normal portion sizes for some foods, no doubt to allow for those who wish to cut back, things like oven chips often have 100g portions listed when the packet serving is twice that. If you think that may be the reason, I recommend getting some digital kitchen scales, it's so quick and easy to simply weigh out the right amount and then you can keep much more accurate records.

If it's not portion sizes then I am not sure, drinking more water helps a lot, cutting down on sodium will help you to stop storing too much water weight... Just keep at it, I'm sure it will start moving.

laurenmXD said:
I'm always under my calorie goal and am doing excersize at least 4 times a week and I am just not loosing!
It's so frustrating :(
This is more of a moan really but if anybody could help me out or give me any tips on why I'm not loosing would be nice.

Under calories and exercising so much - are you eating enough

Under calories and exercising so much - are you eating enough

I am not under my cakories by loads only by maybe 50 Or less.which i dont personally think is too bad

It's impossible to tell what the reason is without knowing exactly what you eat etc. but the most common reason for no weight loss is so-called 'under-reporting' on food, mainly due to portion sizes being a lot smaller than you would think. For example cheese- the actual serving size is like a small box of matches or smaller, most people would have more than this as a portion. Protein servings are the size of a pack of cards- again smaller than most of us expect. Some foods- rice, potatoes and pasta in particular- can soon clock up extra calories as once again you guessed it- the serving size is small, and on MFP some foods are listed with smaller than normal portion sizes for some foods, no doubt to allow for those who wish to cut back, things like oven chips often have 100g portions listed when the packet serving is twice that. If you think that may be the reason, I recommend getting some digital kitchen scales, it's so quick and easy to simply weigh out the right amount and then you can keep much more accurate records.

If it's not portion sizes then I am not sure, drinking more water helps a lot, cutting down on sodium will help you to stop storing too much water weight... Just keep at it, I'm sure it will start moving.

I bought some scales the other day and i have to admit the amount i was putting on my plate and the amount i said i was eating was way different so maybe next week when my portions are right i may loose wieght thankyou.x

I hope thats it x

I bought some scales the other day and i have to admit the amount i was putting on my plate and the amount i said i was eating was way different so maybe next week when my portions are right i may loose wieght thankyou.x

It's so easy to do... especially for things like rice, pasta, cereals, potato etc.

Hope things start working out better now! :)

Yes it is surprising, I always hesitate to point it out as I get paranoid that someone might think I'm implying they're greedy, but the portions are really, really small for some foods- cereal you get enough to feed a budgie for example, as you say pasta and rice are a 'shock' hahaha- like it wouldn't take long to count those grains of rice. So basically you have to get used to eating less, and if you have a slightly larger portion of rice or pasta etc you have to forgo a snack somewhere. It's not easy! But totally worth it, must remember that bit haha

Lost a pound this week so happy with that! Its better than a gain!
I wieghed all my food this week and was really suprised at what foods wiegh so i figured out were i went wrong last week! Thanks for the support x

Back