No more delusions and wishing for quick fixes... Here for the long haul!!

Well done on your first wi, its great its not as high as you were expecting! I was also told i could gave more than 15 syns if i want but I've always aimed for 5-15 just like everyone else. Its nice to know the extra syns are there if you need them though. Totally agree btw as wanting all the weight loss to be SW official. I lost a stone before joining and its kinda annoying as all my awards are a stone behind!! x

Yeh that's why I was apprehensive about starting last week before first weigh in cos I don't really know my true starting weight. But it's good in a way bcos the last time I rejoined I didn't have any SW stuff at home, couldn't get my head in the plan and ended up not going back the following week!! At least this time I am all set mentally and foodly (is that even a word haha). The consultant did the new member talk tonight instead of image therapy and it was really good. A lot of emphasise on the fact that it's a healthy eating plan not a diet. Really helped put things a lot more in perspective for me. (Even though I already knew that if you know what I mean)

So today I tried magic porridge, the texture and everything was fine but I made it with a vanilla mullerlight which are only just passable to me in their normal form. Overnight in the fridge the flavour seemed to have enhanced. So I decided to have a go at magic pancakes...
I added a couple of sweetener and cinnamon as well as the eggs. The cinnamon really helped the flavour and they are lovely. Only problem is they look nothing like pancakes!! I am a self-confessed awful cook. Does anyone have any "cooking for dummies" type tips to stop the pancakes sticking to the pan and burning on one side but being mushy on the other and splitting apart when I try to flip them?

Does anyone have any "cooking for dummies" type tips to stop the pancakes sticking to the pan and burning on one side but being mushy on the other and splitting apart when I try to flip them?

Nope, that's pretty much what mine come out like too!

great news on the weigh in and well done on the walk back as well, as far as the syns I'd stick to the 15 as the others have said, if you have done ok with 15 so far you probably don't need to increase them on a regular basis? I love magic pancakes haven't done them in a while, I use lots of frylight and leave them for a while before trying to flip them, had mixed results, not a fan of magic porridge though,

So today I tried magic porridge, the texture and everything was fine but I made it with a vanilla mullerlight which are only just passable to me in their normal form. Overnight in the fridge the flavour seemed to have enhanced. So I decided to have a go at magic pancakes...
I added a couple of sweetener and cinnamon as well as the eggs. The cinnamon really helped the flavour and they are lovely. Only problem is they look nothing like pancakes!! I am a self-confessed awful cook. Does anyone have any "cooking for dummies" type tips to stop the pancakes sticking to the pan and burning on one side but being mushy on the other and splitting apart when I try to flip them?

What are magic pancakes and how do you make them?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Went for a walk earlier and it really gave me a chance to just think about things, so I wanted to write down the things I'd thought about before I forget them!!

16 stone is not my final PAT but an interim target... I've started off diets before (including SW) saying oh I wanna be 10stone or whatever. This is too much, especially now at my heaviest. So I am aiming for my Club 10 and then 16 stone. If I am 16 stone by this time next year I will be estatic but if it takes a bit longer to get to that interim target that's fine... I'm not gonna pressurise myself this time...

So this time next year if I do make my interim target I should be back in my old size 18 clothes... The last time I was 16 stone and a size 18 I was 18 body confident... well for the most part I was still jealous of my skinny friends and got self-conscious sometimes but when I dressed up I KNEW I looked good... I had curves in all the right places. Also I'm hoping that by the time I reach my interim target I will be confident enough to go swimming again... I have always loved swimming but I'm afraid of going being this size.

Here's to the next 12 months!!

Today's Food Diary:

Breakfast: Magic Pancakes (3 eggs, 2 sweeteners, cinnamon, 35g porridge (HXB)), banana, 2 tangerines
Lunch: Lean ham, 3 babybel lights (HXA), beetroot, pickled onions
Dinner: Sausage casserole (3 syns), potatoes, cauliflower, cabbage and brussel sprouts
Snacks: 2 tangerines
Drinks: Milky tea (2 syns), free squash
Total syns: 5 :)

Body Magic: 1.8 mile walk, 20 mins wii fit

Last edited:
Feel so bloated today :( had omelette for breakfast and 2 bowls of speed soup for lunch and I felt like my stomach was gonna explode after 10mins of the wii fit... and it said I had gained 4lbs since yesterday :(
Got the 3 for £10 offer on extra lean mince in sainsbury's so today I'm cooking up batches of bolegnase, mince and chilli for the freezer but everytime I try a spoonful of the sauce to check theres enough seasoning my stomach turns :(
arghhh!!

Why not try some mint tea it's fab for easing the tummy. I can't eat beans or gluten really it plays havoc with me and I don't they are that good for anyone really! Hope it eases. Speed soup is a killer in my past experience lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Why not try some mint tea it's fab for easing the tummy. I can't eat beans or gluten really it plays havoc with me and I don't they are that good for anyone really! Hope it eases. Speed soup is a killer in my past experience lol

Thanks Jayde will give the mint tea a try

Food Diary:

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with lean ham, mushrooms, onions, mixed peppers and leeks
Lunch: 2 bowls of speed soup with parmasen cheese on top (5 syns)
Dinner: Chilli, rice, ww pitta bread (HXB), quark, beetroot, pickled onions
Drinks: squash, milky tea (2 syns)
Snacks: 2 tangerines, 3 babybell lights (HXA)
Total syns: 7

Feel like I've eaten far too much today, what do you guys think?

Just had a total binge :( Was still full from my dinner and forced 3 large bowls of speed soup down me. Feel sick now! Don't even know why I did it!!

I know it's not as bad as my pre SW binges and at least it wasn't chocolate or anything but I feel like I've let myself down. I really hope this doesn't screw up my whole week :(

It's free food hun and speedy so don't even worry its not worth it x

Aww hunny, don't feel bad. This is one of those times you just need to draw a line under it. For a start you binged on speed soup, it wasn't like it was loads of chocolate. You'll be fine, its only veggies after all. It does get easier I promise you, I've had plenty of slip ups, still do sometimes, but if you put it behind you and get on with things tomorrow then I promise you you won't have scuppered your weight loss for the week. The real thing you need to get to grips with I think is not so much the fact you binged, but why you felt like doing that.

I reckon seeing the +4 on the scales the other day must have been a massive negative feeling. It'll only be water so don't worry, but seriously, leave WI for group. It'd drive me crazy if my WI readings were all over the place.

Hope you feel a bit better soon and I'm always a PM away if you need to talk xxx

Quite a good day today food wise :)

Food diary

Breakfast: none woke up too late!
Lunch: One bowl of speed soup with ww pitta bread (HXB), 30g philadephia light (half of HXA) and 1 slice of lean ham
Dinner: Tuna & sweetcorn pasta made with quark with broccoli and cauliflower
Drinks: Squash and a few cups of tea (milk from other half of HXA)
Snacks: 3 x hi-fi lights (9 syns), 1 x kitkat (5 and a half syns), 2 tangerines
Total syns: 14.5 :)

Body Magic: 45 mins on wii fit

Last edited:
Eeeek 3am munchies!! Been tossing and turning for a couple of hours and hunger has been getting worse and worse so bit the bullet and got up. Fixed myself a nice big bowl of pickled onions and beetroot and settled down to watch an episode of Heartland on netflix. Fingers crossed the superfree will do the trick and I can get some sleep soon.

OMG feel like a total *****!!! I have been pestering hubby to play the wii fit with me all week, finally he caves in and decides to make a profile today. Goes through all the height, dob crap and all is fine till he has to step on...

Bloody thing comes up seeing it's reached it's max user weight and deletes all his data!!! Poor hubby has now shut himself in the spare room playing his computer games and won't talk about it arghhh... what should I do I feel so guilty!!

Aww bless him, try not to beat yourself up hunny, you weren't to know. I reckon it's probably just injured his male pride a bit, especially because you saw, but maybe it's also given him a bit of a wake up call too. I remember at the start of my weight loss journey I wanted to get one of these but I looked at the max weigh limit and it was 329lbs, not enough at that point.

The only thing you can do is try and be there for him. If that happened to me I guess I'd just want to go away and lick my wounds a bit. Have you thought about trying to get him to join SW with you? xx

Back