No more delusions and wishing for quick fixes... Here for the long haul!!

Well had a fabby day shopping today got jeans, a jacket and a top all in a size 22 from new look and another top in an 18 (wee bit wee but fell in love with it)

Decided to do a wee comparison. There's not a huge difference but it is a couple of dress sizes. First pictures are from November 2013 when I was a size 28. Fourth pic is from 29th January about 3 weeks into SW. Wearing size 28 jeans but they were a bit loose.

1470196_10153486979455440_164695183_n.jpg1451364_10153486978920440_2138737546_n.jpg1374792_10153486978355440_1411996912_n.jpg20140129_183332.jpg20140129_183417.jpg

The pictures below are taken today. One with the same size 28 dress on as above for comparrision. (Excuse the face I'm pulling hubby was taking ages to press the button lol). Second pic is the full new size 22 outfit that I bought today. 3rd and 4th pics are the size 22 top and 5th and 6th pics are the size 18 top.

20140309_185627.jpg20140309_184648.jpg20140309_175452.jpg20140309_184928.jpg20140309_185312.jpg20140309_185315.jpg

Last edited:
Today's Food:

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with ham, mushrooms, leeks and mixed peppers
Lunch: Turkey breast and ham Subway salad with ranch dressing (2 syns)
Dinner: China Buffet King: Starter: Fruit salad (apple, melon, grapes), Mains: Mushrooms in black bean sauce (2.5 syns), Veggies in oyster sauce (2.5 syns), boiled rice, Chicken curry (5 syns), plate of peppers and gherkins Pudding: Fruit salad
Supper: 4 Ryvita with philly light (HXA and HXB)

Total syns: 12 syns :)

Love the pics, you can definitely see the difference! Love your new flowery top, even though it's going to be too big soon :D

Thank you so much for this, I really appreciate your support. I'm doing SW online but I do feel that I'm missing out by not going to a group. I'm going to try a couple of red days this week to see if that will give me a boost xx

Always happy to share the support I get, it's a great group and the consultant is what makes it so good. If you go it alone you probably don't get the lifesaving recipes that literally keep me on the straight and narrow. My lifesaving one is 1/2 syn roulade a huge Swiss roll type thing filled with mouse and fruit it's huge!! If you need cake you need that! Maybe if there are things you really miss I can find a recipe to help. Xx

Aww thanks loubyjane. Sorry to hear how tired you have been. Hope you feel more energetic soon xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Zappacat. How has your weekend been?

Morning I've had a good weekend thanks :)
How are you, back at work today?
I'm nearly finished my second week of the gold award, it hasn't been too hard but 8 weeks without any slip ups might be tricky lol
My husband & I have gadgets called fitbits that measure steps, stairs etc. They also do loads more calories, food intake as well, it also syncs to my phone. Anyway they also link & we get a figue of how many steps we've done in a rolling week. I didn't know about it but when I found out it turned out he's always been over 15,000 steps ahead of me. Not any more! Ever since then I've been ahead & it's driving him crazy. It's been a real incentive to get up & move around lol :D

Always happy to share the support I get, it's a great group and the consultant is what makes it so good. If you go it alone you probably don't get the lifesaving recipes that literally keep me on the straight and narrow. My lifesaving one is 1/2 syn roulade a huge Swiss roll type thing filled with mouse and fruit it's huge!! If you need cake you need that! Maybe if there are things you really miss I can find a recipe to help. Xx

That's really kind of you :) The roulade sounds delicious
I'd like to go to group but I'm quite shy & find it difficult when I first meet strangers, unless I've had a drink lol
Also I'd be so embarassed if anyone I knew was there, I haven't told anyone I'm doing SW. No one knows how much I weigh and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't realise how bad it is. My Mam was overweight but when my Dad guessed he was sure I weighed loads less & I weighed over a stone more.

Today's Food:

Breakfast: yogurt, banana and a pear
Lunch: tuna and sweetcorn pasta with baby corn and tea (4 syns for milk and sugar)
Mid afternoon: left over pasta and a pear
Dinner: Sausage casserole (2 syns), potatoes, brussell sprouts and 30g cheddar (HXA)
Supper: Oaty bar (HXB)

Last edited:
Well just back from my first swimming session in around 10years. It was amazing!!! Stayed in for an hour and walked there and back (2.8 miles in total!) Feeling good but knackered time for a bath and bed :)

Well just back from my first swimming session in around 10years. It was amazing!!! Stayed in for an hour and walked there and back (2.8 miles in total!) Feeling good but knackered time for a bath and bed :)

Wow amazing work out, well done. :)

That's awesome on the exercise front, keep that going even if once or twice a week and it will make you feel loads better very quickly, especially with the walking too!!

Zappacat the roulade is 4 eggs separated into whites and yolks, whisk whites into meringue type consistency and in a separate bowl mix egg yolks with 1 tsp baking powder mixed into with 2 tsp vanilla extract, 2 tbsp of truvia if using cheap sweetener then 8tbsp is used, a dash of water and 2/3 tub quark keeping 1/3 of quark to one side for adding to the filling. After ensuring the mix is all mixed then add a spoonful at a time of white into the yolk mix in a cutting motion so you don't knock the air out. Add rest of white to mix until all combined. Use a Swiss roll tin lined with baking paper and cook in 180'c or 160'c if fan keep a close eye as every oven is different for between 10-20 mins. It should be golden brown and set in middle when you touch it. Bring it out to cool. Whilst it's cooling mix last 1/3 of quark with a raspberry activia 0% and a tsp of truvia and when cooled layer the mixture all over top layering sliced strawberries and raspberries to fill it with the fruit, carefully roll it long side in and that's it refrigerate before serving so far I've found it's just as perfect the next day and is 1//2 a syn the whole lot, I tend to scoff it quickly as its gorgeous. Hope that helps. You can play around with the filling etc to your taste. Xx

Itching to get home and get ready for swimming. Local pool isn't open to the public tonight so i need to get the bus to the next nearest one. Think i feel an obsession coming on.... haha

Food diary:

Breakfast: banana and yogurt
Lunch: chicken salad and a pear
Dinner: 4 egg omelette with cheese (hxa), ham and veggies served with pickled onions and beetroot
Snacks: 2 pears, 2 oaty bars (hxb and 3.5 sybs), 5 cheese triangles (6syns)

Total syns: 9.5 syns :)

Last edited:
Haha, it's addictive isn't it! Try not to go off like a bat outta hell, you'll ache like a b*tch if you do! :D

You are sooo getting to that 3 stone point this week! xx

Yeh i,m loving it. :) kinda disappointed i cant go tonight because i have wi haha. Fingers crossed i have a good loss i defo feel like i deserve one.

Todays Food:
Breakfast: yogurt and a pear
Lunch: ham salad with 5 cheese triangles (hxa) and tea (4 syns for milk and sugar)
Dinner: 2 bowls of my gran's homemade soup
Supper: plum, 2 hifi lights (HXB) and a ww hot choc (2 syns)

Syns: 6 :)

Last edited:
That's awesome on the exercise front, keep that going even if once or twice a week and it will make you feel loads better very quickly, especially with the walking too!!

Zappacat the roulade is 4 eggs separated into whites and yolks, whisk whites into meringue type consistency and in a separate bowl mix egg yolks with 1 tsp baking powder mixed into with 2 tsp vanilla extract, 2 tbsp of truvia if using cheap sweetener then 8tbsp is used, a dash of water and 2/3 tub quark keeping 1/3 of quark to one side for adding to the filling. After ensuring the mix is all mixed then add a spoonful at a time of white into the yolk mix in a cutting motion so you don't knock the air out. Add rest of white to mix until all combined. Use a Swiss roll tin lined with baking paper and cook in 180'c or 160'c if fan keep a close eye as every oven is different for between 10-20 mins. It should be golden brown and set in middle when you touch it. Bring it out to cool. Whilst it's cooling mix last 1/3 of quark with a raspberry activia 0% and a tsp of truvia and when cooled layer the mixture all over top layering sliced strawberries and raspberries to fill it with the fruit, carefully roll it long side in and that's it refrigerate before serving so far I've found it's just as perfect the next day and is 1//2 a syn the whole lot, I tend to scoff it quickly as its gorgeous. Hope that helps. You can play around with the filling etc to your taste. Xx

Thanks for this it sounds delicious. I'll have to try it! I don't have any sweetener so I'll put it on next weeks shopping list :)

Back