No more excuses! Back again for 2015

Hi! Sorry to hear it's not going so well! The problem could be that you are not eating enough, your body tends to store fat reserves if it thinks it is being starved. I am no expert but I do find thats when I put on weight... I was really surprised by just how much you can eat with SW and still lose..

Do you go to meetings?

Morning!
Hope you're well?
Just a quick pop on to pick your brains.
a. How do you make your Weetabix muffins please?
b. I got some of the nescafe light cappuccino and it didn't dissolve properly and was all goopy and disgusting on top. How do you do yours?

Thank you! x

Hi Mandy! I am well thanks, hope you are too :)

Here you go

A: Weetabix Muffins
ingredients
2 weetabix, crushed
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 pot muller light fat free yoghurt, any flavour
2 tablespoons sweetener (splenda works best)
Vanilla extract (or any flavour you like - play around with cinnamon and other spices too)
- preheat oven to 180
- mix everything together - I whisk the eggs first, then add everything but crush the weetabix into the mixture last of all.
- pour into 2 muffin cases or 4 cupcake cases (or even 6 mini cupcake cases)
- bake for 22-25 mins and cool before eating
- these (the whole mix) are syn free if using the weetabix as a Healthy B option

Sometimes I add 5g choc chips for 1.5 syns or 10g of sultanas for 1.5 syns

If you use cupcake cases, spray the inside with a little fry light (buttery) first, otherwise they stick, put the cases into a muffin tray - don't just stand them on a baking tray, the mixture is quite wet and heavy and they will just flatten out.

They keep well until the next day and I would say it improves them and remember to cool them on a wire rack or they can get a bit soggy on their bottoms! I store them on a napkin until I am ready to eat them.

B: I have to say I don't like the "skinny" Cafe Menu cappuccino as much, it definitely needs a lot more mixing and too much grief when you are only saving one syn over the non-skinny version ;)
But I usually empty the sachet into the mug, then pour about a third of the water on and mix that first (don't use just boiled water either, wait 30 seconds after the kettle has boiled) then fill the mug and give another good whisk - that should be better! :fingerscrossed: :)

I hope that all helps!
Chrissie
x

Healthy Extras
a
30g Cheddar
b 2 Alpen Light Bars
Breakfast: Muller yoghurt with banana and grapes
Lunch: Jacket Potato, Baked Beans, Hexa Cheese and Salad
Dinner: Trying the Diet Coke Chicken tonight with rice

Syns
Nescafe Cafe Menu Cappuccino 3.5
Tomato Ketchup 1
Tilda basmati rice 1.5
Treat size fudge 3
Treat size chocolate buttons 3.5
Total Syns 12.5

Out walking in a little while (lovely weather..... not!) 2.3 miles is the route for tonight

Last edited:
Well I made them!
My vanilla had gone past it's use by date, but I found some ground ginger so I gave that a go. I made 4 bun sized ones and had just taken them out of the oven when the husband walked in, they looked and smelt so yum we couldn't resist.
Hmm....a bit eggy?
We had the others later when they'd gone cool and they were much nicer. I'm not too sure, but Rob loves them, so I'm definitely going to give them another go.
Hope you enjoyed your walk, catch you tomorrow and thanks again for the tips x

Well I made them!
My vanilla had gone past it's use by date, but I found some ground ginger so I gave that a go. I made 4 bun sized ones and had just taken them out of the oven when the husband walked in, they looked and smelt so yum we couldn't resist.
Hmm....a bit eggy?
We had the others later when they'd gone cool and they were much nicer. I'm not too sure, but Rob loves them, so I'm definitely going to give them another go.
Hope you enjoyed your walk, catch you tomorrow and thanks again for the tips x

I didn't have an eggy problem with mine, maybe your eggs were bigguns? I didn't much like them originally when they were really cold though. I used to warm them for 10 seconds in the microwave, but I am used to them now. My hubby (also Rob) often steals mine when I'm not looking! :D
Worth experimenting anyway :) x

Morning hun

Wow, not just one job but two :D Sounds like 2014 is going to be the year for you x

Hi Becky. I hope so :)
Sorry if I am absent from your diary for a while, I know you wanted to move it, but I think I need more posts before I become a silver member?
I shall catch up soon x

Hi Becky. I hope so :) Sorry if I am absent from your diary for a while, I know you wanted to move it, but I think I need more posts before I become a silver member? I shall catch up soon x

Yeah I've moved it to the silver members section, I think you need 500 post to be able to view it.

Don't worry I'm not going anywhere and I'll keep in touch on your diary :D x

Yeah I've moved it to the silver members section, I think you need 500 post to be able to view it.

Don't worry I'm not going anywhere and I'll keep in touch on your diary :D x

No worries, I will probably do the same when I can. In the meantime I had better get posting! :D x

Sent from my smarter than me phone MiniMins.com App

I have had 3 nights on the trot now where I have ended up getting up at 5 o'clock, doh! This morning it was due to my furball alarm clock going off! If any of you have cats you will know what I mean, and for anyone who doesn't have a cat sorry, but they are cute most of the time but when they have a furball they are not! They make more noise than is necessary when trying to clear said hairball and as mine always does it in our bathroom (which is very good of her) the noise echoes round the tiled room which is a very lovely way to wake up...... not!
I was so tired that I nearly turned over thinking I would deal with it when I got up, then I thought, No you can't do that! Hubby is bound to wander in there at some point half asleep and ..... well I will leave it there. So up I got and by the time everything was sorted I was wide awake and watching a repeat of deal or no deal for the third morning in a row!

I started browsing the internet and before I knew it I had reserved a breville air fryer from Argos, which I completely forgot about when I was more with it later on! :D

Anyway got a text to remind me so picked it up after work. Just tested it with some chips using frylight and it was so easy! I will be experimenting with this a lot!!! :)

A very sly smile crept onto my face at the thought of you leaving it and the hubby walking in it by accident ;-) !!

I've got an actifry (think they are v similar) I'm sure I must be due a nice portion of chips by now :D x

A very sly smile crept onto my face at the thought of you leaving it and the hubby walking in it by accident ;-) !!

I've got an actifry (think they are v similar) I'm sure I must be due a nice portion of chips by now :D x

Yes it is the same as the actifry, it was on sale at £80 which I thought was pretty good :) Of course I can't afford any food to go in it now though! :D

I did think it might be funny this morning... specially as ( he says ) didn't hear a thing. But I would never have got back to sleep in case I missed it! Ha!

Yes it is the same as the actifry, it was on sale at £80 which I thought was pretty good :) Of course I can't afford any food to go in it now though! :D I did think it might be funny this morning... specially as ( he says ) didn't hear a thing. But I would never have got back to sleep in case I missed it! Ha!

It amazes me when my hubby doesn't hear the dog on a Sunday morning at 7am! Selective hearing!!!

Oh well you can have a laugh to yourself about what it would have been like if he had of accidentally stepped in it ;-) x

Well I have been pretty useless today!

I don't seem to have been able to hold a thought in my head for very long at all! Probably because of lack of sleep although I don't feel particularly tired...

Every time I had intentions of feeding myself I would not make it as far as the kitchen because something else took my fancy, I have half sorted cupboards, tried on clothes and shoes for our holiday which is still weeks away and played with my new air fryer, had a go with a new skincare range that a friend gave me some samples of and generally faffed around!

So far I have had 2 bananas and a bunch of grapes, a few sample free chips, and 2 Alpen light bars... Nothing bad but I know it's the wrong way to eat :eek:

Anyway, I managed to concentrate long enough to cook a decent evening meal!

So...

Hexa was forgotten
Hexb 2 Alpen light cereal bars

Breakfast: Banana and Alpen bar
Lunch: Banana, Alpen bar and grapes, few chips
Dinner: Beef and Mushroom pie from SW comfort food recipes, herby roasties using frylight in my new toy, with broccoli, cauliflower and carrots steamed. I cooked the pie filling in the slow cooker and the pie lids on their own in the oven.... The kitchen surfaces were pretty full of machinery today :D

Syns
Cappuccino Strong 2.5
Pie syns 5
Treat size curly wurly 3
Trat size jelly babies 3.5

Total 14

Last edited:
What is the verdict on your new gadget? Were the roasties as nice?

They were! I sprayed them with frylight, then mixed in some herbs and spices, put them in and cooked them for 25 mins. They were really nice! Evenly cooked and a better flavour than from the oven. Chuffed to bits :)

Air fryers are fab, we've just replaced our actifry after 4 years hard service. It's the only kitchen gadget that my husband will happily pay for!!
Sorry had to laugh at the fur ball, pussy cats! I had selective hearing this morning and let Rob do breakfasts ;-)

Back