No more excuses! Back again for 2015

I thought the same thing, if I join up now I'll have a good grounding under me and i'm down another 1.5 tonight so hopefully i'll do well this week then I will enjoy my christmas. Your menu for today sounds yum :)

Re: No more excuses! New me for 2014

I thought the same thing, if I join up now I'll have a good grounding under me and i'm down another 1.5 tonight so hopefully i'll do well this week then I will enjoy my christmas. Your menu for today sounds yum :)

Well done on tonights loss! Feels good doesn't it :)

I am enjoying the choices you have with SW so far, I can't believe I can eat so much and still lose! Hope it stays that way :)

Sent from my smarter than me phone

Using MiniMins.com App

Hi Chrissie

Here to subscribe :D

I do lots of walking too, great thinking time!!!

Your weetabix muffins look fab, is the recipe on the SW website? We've got a taster on Friday and I might make some x

hey, just popping by the see how you're getting on. Glad you're enjoying the plan so far and well done on your losses! Fingers crossed you get your first award next week! :) xx

Hi! Thanks for subscribing! :)

I found the muffin recipe online, it's not on the SW website though. It has been posted in a few blogs for SW recipes. There was an All Bran one on the site but with more syns as they used a few more ingredients but all I could taste was All Bran! I am not a fan of any cereals really but these muffins are a great way to eat weetabix, I think the rest of the box of All Bran will be going out for the birds :D

I made some again this morning with 10g of raisins instead of the choc chips so still only 1.5 syns for the whole recipe if I use my HEXb (or add 6 for the weetabix)

Another tip, if you use paper cases, spray a little fry light buttery in them first - they come out nice and cleanly then. Also you will need to support the paper cases in a muffin tin to cook as the mixture is quite heavy and wet before it's cooked and the paper cases will just flatten out.... Can you tell I have been experimenting? :)

Hi! Thanks for subscribing! :)

I found the muffin recipe online, it's not on the SW website though. It has been posted in a few blogs for SW recipes. There was an All Bran one on the site but with more syns as they used a few more ingredients but all I could taste was All Bran! I am not a fan of any cereals really but these muffins are a great way to eat weetabix, I think the rest of the box of All Bran will be going out for the birds :D

I made some again this morning with 10g of raisins instead of the choc chips so still only 1.5 syns for the whole recipe if I use my HEXb (or add 6 for the weetabix)

Another tip, if you use paper cases, spray a little fry light buttery in them first - they come out nice and cleanly then. Also you will need to support the paper cases in a muffin tin to cook as the mixture is quite heavy and wet before it's cooked and the paper cases will just flatten out.... Can you tell I have been experimenting? :)

Just a little bit ha ha!! What would you describe the taste of them? They look yummy!

Ooooo I love all bran... lucky birds!!

Just a little bit ha ha!! What would you describe the taste of them? They look yummy!

Ooooo I love all bran... lucky birds!!

It's on the bird table now, hope this doesn't mean I will be washing the car more often! ......Mind you considering how often I do clean the car, if you take that number and double it, it's still only..... let me see...... well, never actually :D

Hmm, how to describe the taste, well they are obviously not as good as the real thing and you can tell you are eating a low fat alternative but they are light and fluffy, I do think they need some sort of filling though, they are a bit bland if they are left plain, you can get quite a few different things in the baking aisle like choc chips or mini mallows etc that are not high in syns as long as you only use a few. So far I think today's with the raisins were the best, I used Splenda to sweeten and they don't seem to have that sweetener aftertaste that you get sometimes. Definitely worth experimenting a bit until you find the right flavouring and filling anyway :) Oh gawd, I hope you like them now! :D

I have been making them when I get up and I throw a few raspberries in the remaining half pot of yoghurt to keep me going until breakfast :) I had one left over from yesterday and they seem to keep overnight ok too, in fact it seemed to improve it, so I may try making them the day before so that I can take them to work on work days :)

Let me know what you think when you have tried it!

It's on the bird table now, hope this doesn't mean I will be washing the car more often! ......Mind you considering how often I do clean the car, if you take that number and double it, it's still only..... let me see...... well, never actually :D Hmm, how to describe the taste, well they are obviously not as good as the real thing and you can tell you are eating a low fat alternative but they are light and fluffy, I do think they need some sort of filling though, they are a bit bland if they are left plain, you can get quite a few different things in the baking aisle like choc chips or mini mallows etc that are not high in syns as long as you only use a few. So far I think today's with the raisins were the best, I used Splenda to sweeten and they don't seem to have that sweetener aftertaste that you get sometimes. Definitely worth experimenting a bit until you find the right flavouring and filling anyway :) Oh gawd, I hope you like them now! :D I have been making them when I get up and I throw a few raspberries in the remaining half pot of yoghurt to keep me going until breakfast :) I had one left over from yesterday and they seem to keep overnight ok too, in fact it seemed to improve it, so I may try making them the day before so that I can take them to work on work days :) Let me know what you think when you have tried it!

Right I'll give them a whirl. I've just found out from the SW FB page that tesco do tesco finest pastry cases which are 2 Syns each, add a dollop of mincemeat and you have a 3 Syns mince pie! I know that does help you with your breakfast but I thought I'd share it anyway!!!

Right I'll give them a whirl. I've just found out from the SW FB page that tesco do tesco finest pastry cases which are 2 Syns each, add a dollop of mincemeat and you have a 3 Syns mince pie! I know that does help you with your breakfast but I thought I'd share it anyway!!!

Ooh! Thanks for that! I have sat here with my weak black tea sucking on an Alpen Light Cereal Bar watching hubby munch his way through boxes of mince pies over the last couple of weeks, it would be nice if I could have a little low syn taste on Christmas Day!

Just read that back and it makes us sound like Wayne and Waynetta slob for some reason, Actually it is only mid afternoon that I get that need for something sweet (and hubby is only here in the afternoons at the weekends!) but I hate using my syns, Hubby is tall and slim so he can eat a couple of mince pies without any worries :) I am still in that frame of mind that I musn't use all my syns either, if I think I am going over 10 I start to panic! :D

I haven't bought any mince pies this year as my hubby doesn't like them and I'd just eat the lot! My hubby never puts weight on and can eat what he likes, it's soooooo frustrating isn't it!! x

Very frustrating. I always end up buying for him when I go clothes shopping. He can wear anything on his frame whereas everything makes me look short and fat! Oh yeah! That's cos I am! Ha! ;)

But seriously, since starting only 3 weeks ago I can really visualise myself slimmer. I have already stopped wearing unflattering clothes that are 2 sizes too big. I want people to see the lumps and bumps now because I am determined not to have them this time next year! :)

Using MiniMins.com App

Very frustrating. I always end up buying for him when I go clothes shopping. He can wear anything on his frame whereas everything makes me look short and fat! Oh yeah! That's cos I am! Ha! ;) But seriously, since starting only 3 weeks ago I can really visualise myself slimmer. I have already stopped wearing unflattering clothes that are 2 sizes too big. I want people to see the lumps and bumps now because I am determined not to have them this time next year! :) Sent from my smarter than me phone Using MiniMins.com App

Go you, and do you know what, you will get there

I compared a pic I took of me 16 weeks ago against one from last week and I absolutely cannot believe the difference. I'm 2 stone lighter and feel fab. If I can do it, so can you!! x

Wednesday 18th December 2013

This is what today looks like...

Healthy Extras

a: Should have put cheese on salad but forgot! Gonna struggle getting a HEXa in today, oops
b: 2 Weetabix (Baked into Muffins today using 10g Raisins 1.5 syns)

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix Muffins (Weetabix, Muller Yoghurt, 2 Eggs, Sweetener, Raisins) Banana, Grapes

Lunch: Plate filled with Lettuce, Cucumber, Beetroot & Peppers, topped with some boiled egg, new potatoes and tuna and drizzled with thousand island dressing 1 syn (my favourite salad so far)

Dinner: Lamb Shank in Minty Gravy, New potatoes and Steamed Veggies

Getting a bit confused about Iceland lamb shanks and syns! It looks like some frozen ones are free but some are 4½ points but the chilled ones are free.... Opted for the Tesco ones that I had in the freezer which I know are only 1.5 syns each and will investigate further. You could so easily slip up if you read it wrong

My Slow cooker, Steamer and My George Foreman grill have never been so busy and they are actually a lot less hassle to cook with! They were all rather shocked to see the light of day when I got them out of the cupboard and dusted them off :) The bread maker and pasta machine are a bit lonely now though :D

Syns
Raisins 10g 1½
Kraft, Light Thousand Island Dressing 1
Cafe Menu Cappuccino, Original, dried 3½
Tesco, Simply Heat Lamb Shanks in Mint Gravy, frozen twin pack 1½
Total Syns 7½

Extra body magic clearing all bran bird poo huh - well maybe lol Muffins are sounding good Chrissie. It's clear to see how committed to plan you are this side of Xmas, brilliant diary. :). WI for me later though I suspect with monthly imminent scales won't play nice, hey ho.

Extra body magic clearing all bran bird poo
True! Trouble is I drive a mini....an old one not a BMW so it would only take minutes to clean , Hubby always gets there first...still, the thoughts there, and they say it's the thought that counts! :D

Good luck with weigh in! x

Using MiniMins.com App

Thursday 19th December 2013

Right! I am off to Dad's to give his house a good clean for Christmas and I may be gone some time! Am taking a couple of Weetabix muffins with me as his cupboard is always full of tasty cakes and I don't want to be tempted.

I probably won't have time to do any exercise but I think the clean-fest will probably be good exercise in itself! :)

Healthy Extras
a:
b: 2 Weetabix (Baked into Muffins using 10g Sultanas 1.5 syns and a little cinnamon to make them festive :))

Breakfast: 1 Weetabix Muffin, used other half of muller yoghurt to top a fruit salad of banana, blueberries & grapes
Lunch: To be updated.... planning another salad like yesterday
Dinner: To be updated.... probably SW Cottage Pie

Syns
Sultanas 10g 1½
Cappuccino 3½

Total Syns 5

Will be back to update later today

Last edited:
Ditto!! I need to bake some of your muffins this weekend.

I think you can definitely count a house clean as body magic - Sure I read somewhere that cleaning can burn loads of calories.

Have a nice day :)

Back