No more excuses! Back again for 2015

Right! I am off to Dad's to give his house a good clean for Christmas and I may be gone some time! Am taking a couple of Weetabix muffins with me as his cupboard is always full of tasty cakes and I don't want to be tempted.

I probably won't have time to do any exercise but I think the clean-fest will probably be good exercise in itself! :)

Healthy Extras
a: 40g Cheddar
b: 2 Weetabix (Baked into Muffins using 10g Sultanas 1.5 syns and a little cinnamon to make them festive :))

Breakfast: 1 Weetabix Muffin, used other half of muller yoghurt to top a fruit salad of banana, blueberries & grapes
Lunch: To be updated.... planning another salad like yesterday
Dinner: To be updated.... probably SW Cottage Pie

Syns
Sultanas 10g 1½
Cappuccino 3½
Kraft Light Thousand Island Dressing 1

Total Syns 6

Will be back to update later today

Well, I ended up taking a lot longer than I expected but suffice to say the bathroom is sparkling and the sealant around the bath and sink is all new! But it meant that I had quite a bad day in the Food Optimising sense! I skipped lunch altogether, oops!

This was one of my unhealthy eating problems, if I get involved in something I forget to eat and in the past as soon as soon as I finish I would realise that I was hungry then eat all the wrong things to get that quick hunger fix. Well not today, I had a cappuccino with Dad when I had finished and ate one of my muffins, then came home and ate the last two. I really couldn't be ar...bothered to go to Tesco so I am having a salad for dinner, hubby was quite happy to have one too thank goodness :)

I have only used 6 syns today so may well treat myself to a glass of wine tonight, I think I have earned one :)

I suppose I ought to tackle my own housework tomorrow.....

Sounds like you had a pretty productive day with your dad Chrissie. Well earnt glass of wine :)

Morning hun!

Guess what I tried this morning.... Weetabix cake! We had a taster session at group and somebody had made one, it had sultanas and cinnamon in it, it was lovely!!! x

Re: No more excuses! New me for 2014

Morning hun!

Guess what I tried this morning.... Weetabix cake! We had a taster session at group and somebody had made one, it had sultanas and cinnamon in it, it was lovely!!! x

Excellent! I am glad it's not just me! :D

I bought some chocolate extract today for tomorrow's experiment :)

Sent from my smarter than me phone

Using MiniMins.com App

Excellent! I am glad it's not just me! :D

I bought some chocolate extract today for tomorrow's experiment :)

I think that there might end up being a sho

Using MiniMins.com App

I think that there might end up being a shortage of weetabix at this rate! x

Friday 20th December 2013

I managed to do it again! I had a good brekkie then went off to work for a couple of hours, decided to do my shopping on the way home and got back at about 1.30, had a quick coffee and a weetabix muffin, made a start on our spare bedroom (which recently has been used as my photography studio/junk room/somewhere to hide the ironing pile room!) I wanted to make it nice for my sister who is coming to stay on Christmas Eve, got carried away and the next thing I know it's gone 5pm and I didn't eat any lunch again! doh! It was too close to the evening meal to eat anything too substantial at that point so I had some fruit... I really enjoyed dinner tonight though and the room looks great, I even put a mini tree with lights in there for her :)

Healthy Extras
a: 40g Reduced fat Cheddar
b: 2 Weetabix

Breakfast: Weetabix Muffin, Banana
Lunch?: Weetabix Muffin, Satsuma, Banana, Grapes
Dinner: Fillet Steak mushroom and mustard sauce, Hasselback Potato and wilted spinach ½, used my HEXa cheese grated onto the potato too
(a friend copied this recipe from one of the SW magazines for me, it was absolutely gorgeous!)

Syns
Wholegrain Mustard ½
Sultanas 1½
½ small bottle white wine 3 ½
½ curly wurly 3
Total Syns 8 ½

Last edited:

Oh the idea of mini Xmas tree for your sister is really sweet :). Bet she'll love it and the Xmas stockings. Dinner sounds yummy.

Thanks :) We are both big softies at Christmas so I am looking forward to going back to my childhood for a little while. I have made up a stocking for hubby too so he won't feel left out :D

I am trying the carrabbean pepperpot stew tonight after seeing it in your menu this week :)

Using MiniMins.com App

Thanks :) We are both big softies at Christmas so I am looking forward to going back to my childhood for a little while. I have made up a stocking for hubby too so he won't feel left out :D I am trying the carrabbean pepperpot stew tonight after seeing it in your menu this week :) Sent from my smarter than me phone Using MiniMins.com App

Sounds fun Chrissie. I need to give myself a kick today - tidy and wrap things :). Thus far today I've had my nails done, retrieved parcel from sorting office and collected home made cocktail pasties from the butchers for freezer - ready to oven bake; kids love them as part of their Xmas buffet food :) Think I need to put some Xmas music on and make myself start... But maybe just another cup of tea first :) Hubby not home til 8pm so I have all day and late tea planned.

The pepperpot stew is yummy - enjoy :)

I have prepared the stew in the slow cooker so that I could get on with some other stuff..... which I don't appear to have done! :D We battled the crowds to do some shopping earlier and then hubby fell asleep on the sofa so I went off and had a bubble bath, Oh well theere is always tomorrow....

The kitchen smells lovely I am so looking forward to this stew! I am going to cut up some cooked new potatoes and put them in the oven for half an hour sprayed with spray light to serve with the stew, I am not in the mood for rice :)

I type up my diary throughout the day so that I don't forget any "syns" and then cut and paste it into here when I am ready, as you can see I did my nails too! :)
Saturday 21st December 2013

Nails done! :) I have a little nail gel kit so I can do my own nails and they last at least 2 weeks without chipping, I had some "me" time this morning so have painted them for the festive period. If you asked me to choose my favourite feature, I would always say my nails, hopefully next year I might have some more favourite bits though :D

We are out tonight to a Christmas get together but we are going to eat early so that I will not be tempted by the buffet. I will see how I go making one glass of wine last the evening! It won't be a late one so hopefully I will manage :)

Healthy Extras
a: 40g Low Fat Cheddar
b: 2 Weetabix

Breakfast: Weetabix Muffin, used other half of muller light yoghurt on a Banana

Lunch:
Jacket Potato with Baked Beans and HEXa Cheese, Lettuce, Onion and Cucumber Salad

Dinner:
Caribbean Pepperpot Stew with "sauteed" New Potatoes and Veg

Syns
Choc Drop ½
Sultanas 1½
Glass of Wine? Will add syns later when I know :)
Edit: 2 small glasses 9 syns

Total Syns 11

Last edited:

Well I managed to have only 2 small glasses of wine last night so stayed within my syns :)

Hubby was so good! He poured the first glass for me so kept it small. But then later a friend noticed my glass was empty so went off and filled it. I know he was being nice but I said "Oh thats too much!" Then he says "Oh go on it's Christmas!" So I said thank you I will make it last :) Then hubby, bless him quietly took the glass and took 2 big swigs from it so that I was left with a small glass. Aww Sometimes he can be soooo thoughtful :D

Using MiniMins.com App

Well I managed to have only 2 small glasses of wine last night so stayed within my syns :) Hubby was so good! He poured the first glass for me so kept it small. But then later a friend noticed my glass was empty so went off and filled it. I know he was being nice but I said "Oh thats too much!" Then he says "Oh go on it's Christmas!" So I said thank you I will make it last :) Then hubby, bless him quietly took the glass and took 2 big swigs from it so that I was left with a small glass. Aww Sometimes he can be soooo thoughtful :D Sent from my smarter than me phone Using MiniMins.com App
thats all I've heard all week oh don't worry it's christmas! Blimey I have been bad this week and feel awful for it

Well I managed to have only 2 small glasses of wine last night so stayed within my syns :) Hubby was so good! He poured the first glass for me so kept it small. But then later a friend noticed my glass was empty so went off and filled it. I know he was being nice but I said "Oh thats too much!" Then he says "Oh go on it's Christmas!" So I said thank you I will make it last :) Then hubby, bless him quietly took the glass and took 2 big swigs from it so that I was left with a small glass. Aww Sometimes he can be soooo thoughtful :D Sent from my smarter than me phone Using MiniMins.com App

Sounds like you did well. Now thing is on a diet you think aww bless him and if not you'd be thinking oi that's mine!! :) x Well done x

Morning!

Oh bless him, how lovely!

I hate my wine glass been over filled! Don't get me wrong I love wine but I don't like to be over faced by it! Little and often is more me (within my syn allowance ;-) )

Back