No more excuses! Back again for 2015

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow. Herby roasties sound lovely. What herbs do you use? I had pasta bake for tea just 2 hours ago and my stomach is growling. How can that be?
Thanks! I just use whatever I have in the cupboard, Today it was parsley and sage, I par boil them then shake them in fry light, sea salt and the herbs, then in the oven for about half an hour depending on how big they are, very tasty! :) I know a lot of the recipes use rosemary but I hate the way rosemary gets in your teeth! :D

It's weird isn't it? Some days I can't finish my food and feel really full, other days I feel hungry all the time... you could make a syn free pud of fruit and muller light yoghurt which should make you feel better, there is nothing worse than going to bed feeling hungry! :)

Thanks! I just use whatever I have in the cupboard, Today it was parsley and sage, I par boil them then shake them in fry light, sea salt and the herbs, then in the oven for about half an hour depending on how big they are, very tasty! :) I know a lot of the recipes use rosemary but I hate the way rosemary gets in your teeth! :D It's weird isn't it? Some days I can't finish my food and feel really full, other days I feel hungry all the time... you could make a syn free pud of fruit and muller light yoghurt which should make you feel better, there is nothing worse than going to bed feeling hungry! :)

I'm like that today, I just want to eat and it's so not like me! I'm on my 6th pint of water and even that's not filling me up! x

I'm like that today, I just want to eat and it's so not like me! I'm on my 6th pint of water and even that's not filling me up! x
Oh dear! You might not be going to bed hungry tonight but you are certainly going to be getting up at some point with all that water! :D I just about manage 2 litres a day (when I remember :eek:) I just can't force myself to drink when I don't feel thirsty....

I always drink 4 pints (2 litres) a day. When I first started SW I was never off of the loo but I think I've got used to it now! However tonight may well be different! Better to be water than chocolate I suppose! c

Hi Chrissie. Good luck for WI though looking at your diary you don't need it, looking good ;). Just catching up after weekend away.

Feeling a bit deflated :(

My tummy is not though, why do I have to be all bloaty today?

Weighed in this morning and I can only report a half pound loss, I was really hoping to get into the 10's (even though it looks like I have on my stats, I don't count the fractions of a pound, I only round down to half's or full pounds)

As I have admitted before I am a serial weigher and yesterday I weighed 2lbs less than today! I guess that just shows how fickle our scales are and why we should just weigh once a week, I was weighing more often to help stay on track but as has just been proved it makes no difference, I was feeling good yesterday and had my fingers crossed that the weight would still be the same today, I stuck to plan and did some exercise but today's bloat and heavy feeling probably has more to do with what I ate on Sunday (lovely risotto but swimming in truffle oil)

Hey ho, hopefully it will mean a better loss next week, I am still enjoying thinking about the menus and loving the fact that hubby enjoys the food too, so I won't let it get me down. And anyway it was still a loss! :D

Update!!! I just logged into SW to add my weight in there and somehow I got my calculations wrong because I have lost a total of 11lbs which means this week is 1lb! That sounds better :D

Last edited:
Congrats on the loss even though it wasn't what you expected to see. I used to be a serial weigher however I found it messed with my head too much. For some odd reason I hopped on at home last week the day before WI and it wasn't what I expected to see and it was such a struggle to stay on track for the rest of the day x

Yep I know I shouldn't do it but knowing it won't stop me! I am too impatient. I should be pleased that it is a steady loss each week and be grateful :)

Sent using Android App. Exquoos enee spellin mistayks

Tuesday 7th January

I have been a real ditzy blonde today! Forgot I had an opticians appointment this morning until (luckily) the alarm on my phone reminded me but it ended up throwing my whole day out! After my appointment I decided to wander down to a new dentist and sign up (both hubby and I have decided we don't like our current - not that I have been for a while - dentist) I am very nervous at the dentist so it was bad enough just making an appointment, When the receptionist had finished instead of saying "Lovely, thank you very much" I said "Love you very much" - Now I am more nervous of going back and seeing her! :D

Got back to find hubby home for lunch (also not in my plan) then someone knocks on the door and it's my brother! I hadn't taken any notice of the time and forgot he was bringing Dad over to get his shopping done :doh:

I should take this as a sign that I will have a migraine tomorrow - I usually can't string a sentence together the day before, but I suspect it's just 'cos I am dippy! :)

One thing I was proud of though was after my eye exam I got the usual sales talk about my new glasses, I told the guy that in all honesty I wasn't going to buy my glasses from them, they only sell designer frames and the cheapest are £100 without the cost of the lenses, I said I need them to read a book not make a fashion statement so I can't justify spending over £300 (because I would like 2 pairs). He was very understanding ;) I don't pay for my eye tests either because Dad has Glaucoma so I have to go every year anyway, they don't do very well out of me do they....

Healthy Extras
a uh oh! Forgot again!
b 2 Weetabix

Breakfast: Weetabix Muffins, Nescafe Cappuccino 3.5 syns
Lunch: Banana, pineapple, honeydew melon with Vanilla Muller Light

Starter: syn free "boursin", syn free houmus, cucumber, celery and half a wholemeal pitta 2.5

Dinner: SW Lancashire Hotpot

Syns
Nescafe Cafe Menu Cappuccino 3.5 syns
SW Lancashire Hotpot 1 syn
half pitta 2.5
Treat Size Smarties 3.5
Total today 10.5

Body Magic: 1 Mile this morning, 2 Miles this evening (paced out the walk last night and have my walking buddy joining me tonight :))

Last edited:
I used to work in a call centre years ago at one time at the end of the call when sayin bye the customer said love you, bye. Was funny but so easily done xx

Love you very much! Love it ;-) x

Lol that literally made me laugh out loud!!!

After my blushes died down I did see the funny side, unfortunately it was while I was walking down the high street, Looking like one of those people you tend to avoid because they are talking to themselves :D

Which reminds me, how often have you answered someone who says hello even though you don't know them, only to find they have an earpiece in and are talking on the phone! It gets me every time! :eek:

OMG saw this recipe yesterday and just had to try it out

http://www.minimins.com/showthread.php?t=245521

It really was like boursin.. I made it with Total 0% greek yoghurt, garlic and parsley.... syn free!!

Made some syn free houmus, served it with half a toasted pitta, some cucumber and celery and felt soooo naughty eating a starter but it was only 2.5 syns for half a wholemeal pitta (weight watchers) Its called labneh apparently.

Back