No more excuses! Back again for 2015

Sounds like you're really going for it pre hols :). I have caribbean pepperpot stew on my list to make again next week - yummy huh :)

It's still my favourite! So easy to make (I do it in the slow cooker so it's even easier) and so yummy and filling, my mouth is watering now!! Doh! :D

Trying to shift a couple more pounds but I feel like I am hanging on to it at the moment. Possibly not eating enough calories and then burning half off, I think my body has gone into starvation mode...The holiday may be the shock it needs to kickstart more losses! :D

I will convince myself that anyway :)

Sent from my smarter than me phone MiniMins.com App

Friday 21st February - Extra Easy Day

Woohoo! Someone asked me if I had lost weight today!!! Granted, I was sucking my stomach in at the time because of what I was wearing, but even so.... someone asked me if I had lost weight today!!! :D

Healthy Extras
a
40g Reduced Fat Cheddar
b 2 x Nutri-grain Fruit and Fibre breakfast biscuits

Brunch:
Banana and Grapes with Muller Yoghurt, 2 Nutri-grain Fruit and Fibre Breakfast Biscuits
Afternoon snack: Cappuccino Skinny 2.5
Pre Dinner: Reduced Fat Cheddar, Pickled Onions and Grapes
Dinner: Fillet Steak, New Potatoes and Salad with FF Dressing

Syns
Nescafe, Cafe Menu Cappuccino, Skinny, dried 10 pack 2½ I don't really like these as much as the others but with half a tspn of instant coffee added and a sweetener it was ok! :D
Filippo Berio, Mild & Light Olive Oil Spray for Frying & Roasting ½
Total Syns 3....update added a few more total 16.5! Oops ;)

Body Magic.... none today, unless ironing counts!

Last edited:
Yup I make the caribbean pepperpot stew in the slow cooker too. Have all the stuff in to prep Mon for Tues after work. Definitely great when people notice the weight loss :).

Today I am not exactly counting... Just being careful.

My holiday buddies are coming round later for a Mexican evening before our holiday.. So far I have had my hexb Nutri-grain and some fruit and yoghurt. Tonights food is fairly syn free except for a little spray oil, a little dark chocolate added to some chili and I will be having a tortilla wrap with my fajita... The syns will be in the drinks and I am not writing them down tonight! :D

Planning a good walk tomorrow, if I get up in time ;)

Have a lovely evening! It could be an interesting read if your write them on here tonight ;-) X

Haha! So glad I didn't! My head hurts and I actually don't remember going to bed... Not used to drinking any more :eek:

Just waiting to hear from the girlies to see whether we are going for our walk :)

Monday 24th February - Extra Easy Day

I didn't add yesterdays but I did well, I was a little jaded from the night before but still managed a 6.5 mile walk in the morning, I used my hexb and had a bacon sandwich when I got back which made me feel human again :) Just had some fruit and Muller mid afternoon then a SW friendly Roast Beef Dinner in the evening with a couple of treat sized chocolates after that. I used all 15 syns and I really needed that chocolate!

Healthy Extras
a 30g Cheddar (Topping for Pie)
b 2 x Nutri-grain Fruit and Fibre breakfast biscuits
Breakfast: Banana and Grapes with Muller Yoghurt, 2 Nutri-grain Fruit and Fibre Breakfast Biscuits
Lunch: Jacket Potato with Tuna and large salad with ff french dressing
Afternoon snack: Cappuccino and a mini Curly wurly
Dinner: SW Cottage pie with homity pie topping... YUM!
Syns
Nescafe cafe menu Cappuccino 3.5
Curly Wurly (Treat Size) 3
Little Gravy 1
Hp Sauce 1
Total Syns 8.5

Last edited:
Haha! So glad I didn't! My head hurts and I actually don't remember going to bed... Not used to drinking any more :eek:

Just waiting to hear from the girlies to see whether we are going for our walk :)
Sounds like you had a good night on Saturday! Bacon sarnie always hits the spot after one too many the night before. I am impressed with the walk though, I would have lounged on the sofa feeling ropey all day.

Sounds like you had a good night on Saturday! Bacon sarnie always hits the spot after one too many the night before. I am impressed with the walk though, I would have lounged on the sofa feeling ropey all day.

Just what I did for the rest of the day! I didn't want to admit to the others how hung over I felt, one of my friends was worse than me and I reckon she walked because I was, but I walked because she was! Neither of us want to admit defeat :D

Sent from my smarter than me phone MiniMins.com App

Tuesday 25th February - Extra Easy Day

Well I didn't lose this week but I did STS so not a gain either, I kind of knew it would be because I am a serial weigher but even though it goes up and down like a yoyo each day, I feel like I am hanging on to it. I still think that I have reached one of those plateaus that I keep hearing about, My calorie intake is not excessive and I am walking at least 3 times a week but my body has probably got used to it, I will continue to be good this week but as of Saturday I am off to the sun and a choice of nice restaurants! :D So my next weigh in will be in 3 weeks time and I fully expect to be "starting again"! I don't intend to put it all back on as I am nearly 1.5 stones lighter than I was before Christmas which I am pretty proud of, I enjoy Slimming World so far so I know I will get back on track quite quickly. I will also be joining a group when I get back for a bit of extra motivation!

Healthy Extras
a 30g Cheddar
b 2 nutri-grain fruit and fibre breakfast biscuits
Lunch: Small portion of leftover cottage pie with homity topping (some of my hexa cheese) Tbsn HP sauce
Banana, strawberries, blueberries and Grapes with Muller Yoghurt.
Snack: Cappuccino skinny with 2 nutri-grain breakfast biscuits hexb
Dinner: Chicken breast rubbed with tandoori spices, potato wedges tossed in frylight and marmite and air fried, stir fry veggies
Syns
HP Sauce 1
Skinny Cappuccino 2.5
Treat size Curly Wurly 3 syns
Treat size smarties 3.5 syns
Total Syns 10

Body magic 3.5 miles

Last edited:
Hi Chrissie, STS not bad considering your alcohol consumption at the weekend. Do you drink much water? How lovely to be going on holiday when the weather is so dreary here. Hope you have fab weather and a really great time. Enjoy yourself to the full. Life is too short to diet on holiday!

Thanks Lindsey! True, I did drink rather a lot of wine (I think anyway! :eek:) I usually drink at least 2 litres of water a day and have been drinking more for the last couple of days, in fact I have been peeing a lot today so maybe I will be lighter tomorrow :D
I really am looking forward to some sun. And I agree, I will be on holiday from everything, I can always start again when I get back, I know how to do it now. I will be doing lots of walking but only because I want to, I get fidgety laying on a sunbed for too long so have to go exploring :)

Well I didn't lose this week but I did STS so not a gain either, I kind of knew it would be because I am a serial weigher but even though it goes up and down like a yoyo each day, I feel like I am hanging on to it. I still think that I have reached one of those plateaus that I keep hearing about, My calorie intake is not excessive and I am walking at least 3 times a week but my body has probably got used to it, I will continue to be good this week but as of Saturday I am off to the sun and a choice of nice restaurants! :D So my next weigh in will be in 3 weeks time and I fully expect to be "starting again"! I don't intend to put it all back on as I am nearly 1.5 stones lighter than I was before Christmas which I am pretty proud of, I enjoy Slimming World so far so I know I will get back on track quite quickly. I will also be joining a group when I get back for a bit of extra motivation!

Healthy Extras
a 30g Cheddar
b 2 nutri-grain fruit and fibre breakfast biscuits
Lunch: Small portion of leftover cottage pie with homity topping (some of my hexa cheese) Tbsn HP sauce
Banana, strawberries, blueberries and Grapes with Muller Yoghurt.
Snack: Cappuccino skinny with 2 nutri-grain breakfast biscuits hexb
Dinner: Chicken breast rubbed with tandoori spices, potato wedges tossed in frylight and marmite and air fried, stir fry veggies
Syns
HP Sauce 1
Skinny Cappuccino 2.5
Treat size Curly Wurly 3 syns
Treat size smarties 3.5 syns
Total Syns 10

Body magic 3.5 miles

You should be very proud and quite rightly so! If you hadnt of had SW in the back of your mind you wouldnt have been looking at a STS this week and you most defo wouldnt have lost a stone and a half since crimbo!

Are you away for 2 weeks? I'm going to miss your daily updates whilse you're on holibobs! x

Back