No more excuses! Back again for 2015

Hi Chrissie. Only just catching up on Minis as things have been a tad hectic. Great re SW vouchers and by the time you read thus I hope you will have had a pretty amazing holiday :). X. Look fwd to seeing sine pics!

Hi honeys I'm home!!

Actually I have been back a few days, just finding it hard getting back into the daily grind :( But loving the weather we came back to!

The holiday was absolutely fantastic, We went to Mexico and stayed in a beautiful all inclusive resort near Cancun, it was huge with an eco park next door. You could wander about with monkeys and raccoons or sit and watch the pelicans on the beach... it was really hard coming back! The food was amazing and I fell in love with Mango margaritas, part of my five a day? :D

Good news is, I didn't gain any weight!! I ate well but made healthier choices without really trying and did a fair bit of walking each day. I didn't lose weight either but I didn't expect to, I fully expected to have added a few pounds....

I didn't get to the new meeting as I have struggled with jet lag for the last few days and quite frankly cba to get out of bed but will join next week as I have my vouchers now.

I have been good since we got back and will start filling in my diary again soon, back to work tomorrow.......... :(

Last edited:
Aarghhh! How come 10 days holiday flies past but only 2 hours at work so far and I feel like I have been here all week....

This is when the vending machine would take a hammering, luckily I have no change with me, just fruit. But I am on reception so I can't stuff my face either :D

22 minutes to go......

21 minutes......

Must ....... stop ........ clock.......... watching....

Shopping list ready - having homity pie tonight and making lamb curry for hubby to use up yesterdays roast.

18 minutes! :)

Sent from my smarter than me phone MiniMins.com App

Isn't it awful when the time drags at work like that. Hope you enjoyed your homity pie and hubby liked his curry.

Daft thing was, about 2 minutes before leaving I got chatting with a good friend who works there and didn't leave until 6!!

Homity pie was gorgeous and I have 3 portions left so may freeze some and have one tomorrow. Hubby loved his curry, I was sooo tempted to eat some bits of onion bhaji that broke off, but I knew I wouldn't be able to stop at that so resisted :)

Food today:

Breakfast: Fruit and Muller yogurt
Lunch: Pasta and Tuna. Apple and Banana
Dinner: Homity pie, Mushrooms and Baked beans, choc mousse 4.5 syns

Snacks: Alpen light bars, space raiders 3 syns
Hp sauce 1 syn, ex light mayo 1 syn, treat size choc buttons 3.5 syns

13 syns today

Daft thing was, about 2 minutes before leaving I got chatting with a good friend who works there and didn't leave until 6!!

Homity pie was gorgeous and I have 3 portions left so may freeze some and have one tomorrow. Hubby loved his curry, I was sooo tempted to eat some bits of onion bhaji that broke off, but I knew I wouldn't be able to stop at that so resisted :)

I love onion bhaji as well. Great willpower!

Today is a good day. The sun is out, I am not working today and I am visiting my Dad later.

I am still weighing in at home until I officially join a group and I can report a 1lb loss which means I have another half stone award today too! Not bad after a holiday where I could have eaten and drank as much as I wanted!

I am sure this will all change again once I get weighed at group because I will be fully dressed and will have eaten before I get weighed but it's all relative I suppose. I have set my target at 9stone 4lbs, I could go lower according to the charts but I think that would make me look old and ill, I will keep this as my target for group (clothed weight) so I reckon I still have nearly 1 and a half stones to lose yet but I am more than half way there now! Yay!

Found a new treat!

Tesco Reduced Fat Mini Ginger Nut Biscuits. One bag 4.5 syns....

Perfect when you want a biscuit with your cuppa!

Just going through my holiday photos....

This was one of the pools on my early morning walk and the beach in the park next door, we pretty much had this to ourselves until lunchtime, you had to pay to get into the park so not that many came through, the only people in the photo are my hubby and friends
IMG_1684.jpgIMG_1708.jpg

The holiday seems like a distant memory now :(

Tried to organise menus a bit today, failed at first hurdle when I nearly had 2 lots of cheese!! Shopping done, menu swapped about and this was today...

Breakfast: Weetabix muffins, used other half of muller over some fruit
Lunch: Mushroom, Spring onion, pepper and hexa cheese omelette with baked beans
Dinner: Lean Lamb steaks on bed of roasted vegetables and new potatoes (Sliced new pots and airfried , added courgettes, mushrooms, onions and leeks for last 15 mins )
Pudding: Tiramish ooh :) 2 sponges soaked in strong coffee and drop of brandy then sliced banana topped with quark mixed with sweetener and vanilla extract. dusted with cocoa powder and left in fridge for couple of hours 3 syns

Snack: Reduced fat ginger biscuits 4.5 syns

Total syns 7.5

The holiday seems like a distant memory now :(

Tried to organise menus a bit today, failed at first hurdle when I nearly had 2 lots of cheese!! Shopping done, menu swapped about and this was today...

Breakfast: Weetabix muffins, used other half of muller over some fruit
Lunch: Mushroom, Spring onion, pepper and hexa cheese omelette with baked beans
Dinner: Lean Lamb steaks on bed of roasted vegetables and new potatoes (Sliced new pots and airfried , added courgettes, mushrooms, onions and leeks for last 15 mins )
Pudding: Tiramish ooh :) 2 sponges soaked in strong coffee and drop of brandy then sliced banana topped with quark mixed with sweetener and vanilla extract. dusted with cocoa powder and left in fridge for couple of hours 3 syns

Snack: Reduced fat ginger biscuits 4.5 syns

Total syns 7.5
Dinner and desert sound lovely. How was your tiramisu? I watched secret eaters last night and the woman on there made individual tiramisu's and they were 1295 cals each! No wonder she was putting on weight!

Crikey! That's a days calories!! :D

It was really nice, There are a few recipes around but a lot have uncooked egg in them and hubby is allergic. If you leave out the brandy you only have to syn the sponge fingers which are 1 each. It is quite a filling pud and it must be ok cos hubby likes it! Helps me to not hit the treat box after dinner ;)

I am playing with lemon pie filling mix today, Trying a lemon meringue pie type pud without the pastry to keep the syns low.... Will report whether it was a success or not later on...

Thursday 20th March

Well I join my local group tomorrow morning, I hope I like it! :eek:

I ran out of time this evening (Body Magic walk went on a bit later than I had planned for) to make an effort with the lemon pie filling pudding which I had made up earlier and left in the fridge to set, but still have 4 portions left so will try something else tomorrow. What I did do tasted really nice and lemony though, I used the boxed lemon pie filling but if I make it from scratch using sweetener it would be free. It uses a lot of sweetener though and I am not sure I would want to eat that much, so perhaps the syns are worth it anyway.

Healthy Extras
a Alpen Light Bars
b 40g Reduced Fat Cheese

Breakfast: Fruit with Muller Light Yoghurt
Lunch: Small Red Peppers filled with potato, egg, onion and chives mix. Fruit and Muller Yoghurt
Dinner: Pizza Topped Chicken with SW Chips and Salad.
Pud: Lemon Pie Filling (2.5 syns) with crushed mini Meringue (1 syn) Half a sliced banana and half Vanilla Muller Yoghurt.

Syns
Pud 3.5 syns
187ml Rose 6.5 syns
Skinny Cappuccino 2.5 syns
Total Syns 12.5

Body Magic 5 miles

Back