No more excuses! Back again for 2015

Thanks Sharon, We leave in a couple of days... Feeling pretty rubbish today though, we had to have our cat put down last night :( She was nearly 17 so I can't remember her not being around in this house... It was for the best, she was very poorly but I went off the rails a bit last night as a result.. Ate loads of rubbish and drank too much wine, if someone had handed me a cigarette I reckon I would have started smoking again too. Don't feel much like eating at all today so trying to keep busy cleaning and packing but I keep finding her toys :(

Oh Chrissie xx big hugs. I know that's so hard for you bless her. Will take time. Glad you have your holiday just now, though I know you will feel it when you get home again. All normal reactions you are having at this time xx

Just catching up on your diary...

Well done on both the loses, you are so very nearly in the 9's. Those size 12's will be dropping off of you!

I'm so sorry about your cat. I have a dog and if anything happened to him I just don't know what I'd do, he's my little boy. Sending you a massive electronic hug x

Hi everyone! I am so sorry that I have been absent, I had a really bad time dealing with the loss of my cat and I sort of shut myself down for a while, it sounds awful but I felt worse than I did when I lost my Mum! I guess it's because I was responsible for her and she was with me for 17 years (and I don't have kids).... I still expect to see her on my bed when I go upstairs. I still cry when I think about her (like right now 'cos I am writing about her) but don't feel as awful now. I knew it would have to happen one day but I miss talking to her when I am at home on my own...

Anyway! Lots of other things have happened since I disappeared for a while, I went off to Corfu for a week and had a nice restful holiday with hubby, the weather was a bit cold as it was out of season but we love it there so much we have booked another holiday for the end of September.

My sister got a puppy labrador but she has to pay people to look after her while she is at work so I stepped in and said I would have her for one day a week, This works well for me as I get to have a pet but only the good bits, I don't want a pet of my own for a while as I am going to make the most of not being responsible for anything and worrying about who's looking after it if we go away. I love dogs and will probably offer to take her more often when she is a bit bigger as I won't have to have eyes in the back of my head then!

I left the Slimming World Group, it really wasn't for me, Hearing the phrase "you are amazing" over and over again kind of loses all meaning so I didn't find it genuine, and I kept losing out when I had to work and miss a group, at least when you do it online you can still do it on work days. I have more or less maintained my weight since my holiday, I wanted to get used to this weight, I still want to lose a little more and tone up and I reckon another half a stone would be good. Being short and in my 50's I don't want to go silly with my weight loss as I think it will age me too much so I am going to stay at the upper recommended weight for my height. I have rejoined online even though it's expensive but I still need to report my weight to someone so I think it's worth it. I use it for recipes a lot too.

I probably won't keep posting my food diary on here anymore, I more or less eat the same sort of thing every day! :D I will have the odd night off, although I find that I eat differently now anyway.

I will keep popping in though to keep in touch and let you know about any new low syn meals or treats that I find or if I have anything interesting in general to share

I know I can do it!! :) (And I have given away all my old clothes so I can't afford not to keep this up!)

IMG_1908.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Chrissie

Sorry to hear about your cat. We grow so attached to our pets, especially when we dont have children. i think it's hard for some people to understand the bond and how much love you get back from them unless they have one of their own x

Hi Chrissie. Sorry to hear about your cat, they are indeed part of the family hugs xx . Puppy looks cute and will be nice as you say for one day a week for your sister. Glad you had a great holiday. Know what you mean re keeping weight off, I dumped the bigger clothes too. Need to get myself back in track but been enjoying being me, sorting the house and maintaining, though I do need to get back on track properly and shift another chunk. Glad the holiday was good xx

Hi all! I am still around and still doing the slimming world thing! I just seem to be so busy lately with work and then Dad watching or Dog watching! I haven't had a moment to myself to sit down and read everyone's diaries and there is just too much to try and catch up on now!

I am very slowly losing the last half a stone, well it's only 5lb now but we have been away nearly every weekend for the last 2 months so I have been eating sensibly for 5 days a week then letting my hair down for 2 days, it seems to work ok as I haven't put any on yet (it does go up after the weekend but it's always gone before the next weekend if I am really good) so if I can keep that up I will be really happy. I have started wearing more fitted clothes to work and so many people have commented on how much weight that I have lost..... I am loving it!! Someone at Zumba told me that she didn't recognise me from the back because I was so little now :) I will get a big head if I am not careful.

I hope everyone is ok and really will drop by an check out how you are doing.... just need to have a "me" day soon!

Cxx

Well here I am making excuses again, after taking some time out when I got to a weight that I was happy with, I have overdone it since last summer and am not surprised to find myself 10lbs heavier :-(

We had some bad news about hubby's health, then my Dad was poorly and we have been spending quite a bit of time away and eating out, later in the year hubby will be having radiotherapy so he is just enjoying himself at the moment, I am sure all will be fine but he is not really looking forward to it and neither am I. I also found out that I had an underactive thyroid and have started medication but it will take a while before they start working properly. I am hoping that when the dose is sorted I might not put weight on so quickly, but I won't hold my breath!

So I am back to start posting my daily menus so that I am being honest with myself again. This is to spur me on and get it down in black and white so don't feel you have to comment but if it helps anyone else that is even better...

Thursday 30th April

Healthy Extras
a Alpen Light Bars
b 40g Reduced Fat Cheese

Breakfast: Fruit with Muller Light Yoghurt
Lunch: Apple, Muller Yoghurt, Alpen Light (Hex B)
Dinner:
Chicken, Salad, New Potatoes, FF Dressing

Syns
Nescafe cappuccino strong 2.5
Slimming World Carrot Cake Muffin with quark topping 2
Lighter than Light Mayo 1
Total Syns 5.5

Last edited:
Friday 1st May

Hard day looking after Dad, usually ends in needing a glass of wine!

Healthy Extras
a Alpen Light Bars
b 40g Reduced Fat Cheese

Breakfast: Fruit with Muller Light Yoghurt
Lunch: Apple, Orange, Alpen Light
Dinner: Chilli con carne, rice

Syns
Nescafe cappuccino 3.5
Slimming World Carrot Cake Muffin with quark topping 4
Lighter than Light Mayo 1
Prosecco 9
Crunchy 4