No more excuses diary

Simone45

Mini milestone: 15st 9lb, single digit goal DONE.
So I have managed to do it to myself again. I'm back on my slimming world diet, it has worked for me in the past so I'm determined to do it again. I have left myself down in the past 12 months and I have ballooned even bigger than before now it's time to reverse the damage I have done to my body again.
All the old ways of thinking have returned, the constant disappointment in myself, the low self esteem and the constant fatigue. My mental health is suffering as much as my aching joints.

Time for a change and I am ready for it. I'm hoping to be at my target weight for September 1 2021. A better, healthier, smaller me.

I'm trying this from home but if I feel I need extra support then it's back to group for me.

So I have managed to do it to myself again. I'm back on my slimming world diet, it has worked for me in the past so I'm determined to do it again. I have left myself down in the past 12 months and I have ballooned even bigger than before now it's time to reverse the damage I have done to my body again.
All the old ways of thinking have returned, the constant disappointment in myself, the low self esteem and the constant fatigue. My mental health is suffering as much as my aching joints.

Time for a change and I am ready for it. I'm hoping to be at my target weight for September 1 2021. A better, healthier, smaller me.

I'm trying this from home but if I feel I need extra support then it's back to group for me.

Hi Simone

Well done on taking action, I think sometimes that first step can be the hardest.

I can really resonate with your feelings of self disappointment and low self esteem and I really hope this doesn’t sound patronising, but try to be kind to yourself 💕 The number on the scales does not define who we are, nor does it determine our self worth.

You wouldn’t think anything less of a loved one if they had gained weight - you’d still see them as your friend, sister etc so the same applies to you.

I hope you’re okay - you can do this, remember you are worth it.

you are worth it.
Thank GemBino. I am fine, I'm just being brutally honest with myself. I do that occasionally because I have done this to myself and it's time I treated myself to some TLC, instead of junk, I'm going for a healthy diet because I am worth it.

Thanks again I really do appreciate it

Thank GemBino. I am fine, I'm just being brutally honest with myself. I do that occasionally because I have done this to myself and it's time I treated myself to some TLC, instead of junk, I'm going for a healthy diet because I am worth it.

Thanks again I really do appreciate it

I do find when I am eating well, my wellbeing is better overall and I feel better about myself, so I can definitely relate to you.

Yes, TLC! What plan are you following?

I’m on Lipotrim at the moment, just doing a few weeks to undo the Christmas damage (rather than letting it spiral out of control as I have done in the past 🙈).

I do find when I am eating well, my wellbeing is better overall and I feel better about myself, so I can definitely relate to you.

Yes, TLC! What plan are you following?

I’m on Lipotrim at the moment, just doing a few weeks to undo the Christmas damage (rather than letting it spiral out of control as I have done in the past 🙈).
I'm following the slimming world plan, it worked very well for me 5 years ago and I managed to keep it off until this year. I'm doing it from home but if I need to join the group I will. My house is still full of junk but it doesn't bother me being honest, my husband will eat it hehehe

I've never tried lipotrim.

I'm just looking forward to feeling better and happier in myself.im also trying to drink more water but 1 glass is a bonus for me, I'm a heavy coffee drinker.

I'm excited about this. I'm looking forward to it.

Hi Simone,
Like yourself I've decided to give myself a restart. A kind one in which I'm going to try but not stress out about it. Choosing more healthy options and slowly making changes. I'd hate to self sabotage for the 100th time. I've just joined this so hopefully I get to grips with how it works. If you don't mind ile follow you, seen as we are both new again. Good luck 👍 💓
Rebecca

Hi Simone,
Like yourself I've decided to give myself a restart. A kind one in which I'm going to try but not stress out about it. Choosing more healthy options and slowly making changes. I'd hate to self sabotage for the 100th time. I've just joined this so hopefully I get to grips with how it works. If you don't mind ile follow you, seen as we are both new again. Good luck 👍 💓
Rebecca
Hi
Great to hear from you. Follow on but I could get lost 🤣 Have you a plan to follow? I'm using slimming world.
You have made the decision so just keep making the healthy choices, keep full, don't get too hungry between meals. That's usually when I get tempted to gorg on the bad stuff.

I had the idea that calorie counting would work more but so far i haven't lost anything in the first week and i know SW works. So ile probably change to that. Ive a few cookbooks which are SW friendly my problem is atm i just cant be arsed because of lockdown making the effort but then i remember thats the exact problem and reason im here 😅

Here to be
I had the idea that calorie counting would work more but so far i haven't lost anything in the first week and i know SW works. So ile probably change to that. Ive a few cookbooks which are SW friendly my problem is atm i just cant be arsed because of lockdown making the effort but then i remember thats the exact problem and reason im here 😅
You sound exactly like me! CBA cause its lockdown, but also gained so much cause it's lockdown 😂🙈

Your
Honestly I was fine during lockdown it was went I was allowed out 😏🤣 3 stone on since june. I blame meds but thats just denial
Omg its like I'm talking to myself 😄😄😄 im also on messenger that affect the appetite and I used that excuse to myself that I'm sick of listening to it😂😂😂 it didn't help but 4 & a half stone later its time to cop on for me.
I have it in the back of my mind that my weight loss maybe slower because of the meds but I know I will be healthier for it.

Now my issue is that I have bought a load of veg to make soup for a recipe I found online. Now I can't find the recipe 😫 😩 oh well. Kind of typical for me 😂😂😂

Welcome Rebecca ☺️

How are you all?

I’ve done SW before, it’s wonderful, more a way of life opposed to a diet.

I needed drastic action, hence resorting to meal replacements.

I gained 7st due to being on medication, I know I was the one putting food in my mouth, but I also know the medication caused my manic eating 🙈 I’ve took the scenic route, but managed to get my weight back down. I’m doing a few weeks on Lipotrim to undo any damage from Christmas as I did indulge, but I enjoyed it and life is for living right?! So I just need to nip it in the bud now and complete these few weeks to lose anything I gained.

Hey GemBino you've got some amazing stats there, wow well done you💖 amazing weight loss.

I enjoyed December too, ate everything I came across and more. Only thing is my December started 01/12/ 2020 and finished 09/01/ 2021🤣🤣 hence my current situation. But ive got my game face on now and I'm looking forward to feeling healthier. Life is definitely for the living 😊😊😊

Woke this morning with a plan of action. So dropped the fil off and went to lidl. I got my chilli rice cakes, which I love. Bought white cabbage, carrots, celery, oranges. Took a good deep breath by the Bakery in there and kept on walking. Got to the checkout and felt like my shopping was screaming to the store 'look the fat girl is on a diet' lucky I was wearing my mask cause I had a little chuckle about it 🤣🤣🤣So off I went to pick fil up and head home.
Got home with my veggies, ready to make the speed veggie soup I found online yesterday only to discover.... I couldn't find the recipe.... totally typical of me🤪 so I chopped up my cabbage, carrots, celery, some onions, threw them in a pot with a veg stock pot and gave it a good boil. OMG it's the nicest soup ive made in a long time. Everyone had some today. Its that good. PHEW

Later sent himself to aldi for some fat free yogurt, frozen veg and an omelette maker. So I'm all stocked up for the week. I wasn't really prepared yesterday, I had some stuff but not a lot. I felt hungry yesterday early evening but I stuck to the plan and got tru.

I also made something else new today. I made coleslaw. I grated the cabbage for some strange unknown reason🤔 so it doesn't look like coleslaw so I decided to hard boil 2 eggs, mashed them up, added some of the coleslaw goop and some lighter than light mayonnaise and a tomato. The effect the slightly sweet carrot added to my funky veg mayo was very good. I was a bit hesitant but it was good. I had it for my tea. Will probably do the same tomorrow.

So that's day 2. Strange things happened but all fell into place in the end.

Looking forward to tomorrow. I'll be batch cooking with help from PON. Something strange is bound to happen.

Is it bad that after 2 days I want to jump on the scales🤣🤣🤣

So ive kicked it off this morning by making honey chilli chicken 5 portions and 216 cals per portion. I guess if I was doing SW the only thing I would syn would be honey , which 2tbsp was used in total. Not sure on syns

Bought a new cook book which can be SW adapted which I've decided to start using to get me in the way of cooking again. Anything to distract me from working from home 🤣

Have you anything planned in terms of planning and preparing meals? I literally hate deciding in advance what im eating. Unnecessary pressure i dont need lol
Woke this morning with a plan of action. So dropped the fil off and went to lidl. I got my chilli rice cakes, which I love. Bought white cabbage, carrots, celery, oranges. Took a good deep breath by the Bakery in there and kept on walking. Got to the checkout and felt like my shopping was screaming to the store 'look the fat girl is on a diet' lucky I was wearing my mask cause I had a little chuckle about it 🤣🤣🤣So off I went to pick fil up and head home.
Got home with my veggies, ready to make the speed veggie soup I found online yesterday only to discover.... I couldn't find the recipe.... totally typical of me🤪 so I chopped up my cabbage, carrots, celery, some onions, threw them in a pot with a veg stock pot and gave it a good boil. OMG it's the nicest soup ive made in a long time. Everyone had some today. Its that good. PHEW

Later sent himself to aldi for some fat free yogurt, frozen veg and an omelette maker. So I'm all stocked up for the week. I wasn't really prepared yesterday, I had some stuff but not a lot. I felt hungry yesterday early evening but I stuck to the plan and got tru.

I also made something else new today. I made coleslaw. I grated the cabbage for some strange unknown reason🤔 so it doesn't look like coleslaw so I decided to hard boil 2 eggs, mashed them up, added some of the coleslaw goop and some lighter than light mayonnaise and a tomato. The effect the slightly sweet carrot added to my funky veg mayo was very good. I was a bit hesitant but it was good. I had it for my tea. Will probably do the same tomorrow.

Looking forward to tomorrow. I'll be batch cooking with help from PON. Something strange is bound to happen.

Well done on how you got on today you seemed to have accomplished LOADS !!!

Huge well done! You accomplished LOADS
Welcome Rebecca ☺️

How are you all?

I’ve done SW before, it’s wonderful, more a way of life opposed to a diet.

I needed drastic action, hence resorting to meal replacements.

I gained 7st due to being on medication, I know I was the one putting food in my mouth, but I also know the medication caused my manic eating 🙈 I’ve took the scenic route, but managed to get my weight back down. I’m doing a few weeks on Lipotrim to undo any damage from Christmas as I did indulge, but I enjoyed it and life is for living right?! So I just need to nip it in the bud now and complete these few weeks to lose anything I gained.
Hi GemBino

We love to make excuses for our own failings then find something to blame. 🤣 as if 2020 hasnt been stressful enough we get blessed with a few extra stone !
Sorry it took me so long to to reply. This app seems tempermental (notice blame game again) and ive no idea how to work it or what im doing. #wingingit

So ive kicked it off this morning by making honey chilli chicken 5 portions and 216 cals per portion. I guess if I was doing SW the only thing I would syn would be honey , which 2tbsp was used in total. Not sure on syns

Bought a new cook book which can be SW adapted which I've decided to start using to get me in the way of cooking again. Anything to distract me from working from home 🤣

Have you anything planned in terms of planning and preparing meals? I literally hate deciding in advance what im eating. Unnecessary pressure i dont need lol

Well done on how you got on today you seemed to have accomplished LOADS !!!

Huge well done! You accomplished LOADS

Hi GemBino

We love to make excuses for our own failings then find something to blame. 🤣 as if 2020 hasnt been stressful enough we get blessed with a few extra stone !
Sorry it took me so long to to reply. This app seems tempermental (notice blame game again) and ive no idea how to work it or what im doing. #wingingit

So tomorrow plan is cannelloni, a huge big dish. Its pasta so its wasted on my spud loving husband. I'll put 1 portions in the fridge and freeze the rest.
And Turkey meatballs, fridge and freeze same as before. And finally chicken paella, sw recipe and its really tasty.
I have some sw books from my former slimming days but I use my pinch of nom books more. I always cook extra if it's not eaten I freeze it for a lazy day 😂😂😂

Omg you're well organised. I've tried to meal plan before but then i change my mind of what i want and thats dangerous 🤣 i made risotto yesterday for the first time i was pleasantly surprised.

Omg you're well organised. I've tried to meal plan before but then i change my mind of what i want and thats dangerous 🤣 i made risotto yesterday for the first time i was pleasantly surprised.
I don't know about organised but I know I like food and if I don't cook it I will blow my diet so I just do it. Every time I want a break from spuds I have something in the freezer to satisfy me.
Well done you,risotto isn't the easiest to cook

Back