No more excuses diary

Thats a great idea about the freezer options actually . Like a ready made fresh diet safe ready meal !
Ya I freeze every, even left over spuds. They always come in handy at some stage for a dinner for someone.

Honestly I was fine during lockdown it was went I was allowed out 😏🤣 3 stone on since june.
I went to every local restaurant "to support local"
Yes sure I'll have the dessert too 😂

I have all the books. PON, Chubbys, Joe Wicks, the fast 800, Trisha's, Daly dish etc..
But I started following Jordan Page and her budgeting tips and so so now have a meal planning folder started. So I do her shelf cooking.
Which is basically what's in your fridge, freezer and pantry and work from there.
I mean plan for 5 days as it works for us as my OH often travels for his job so it allows for his last minute days away.
Just pull the family favourites and tweak for SW.

I went to every local restaurant "to support local"
Yes sure I'll have the dessert too 😂

I have all the books. PON, Chubbys, Joe Wicks, the fast 800, Trisha's, Daly dish etc..
But I started following Jordan Page and her budgeting tips and so so now have a meal planning folder started. So I do her shelf cooking.
Which is basically what's in your fridge, freezer and pantry and work from there.
I mean plan for 5 days as it works for us as my OH often travels for his job so it allows for his last minute days away.
Just pull the family favourites and tweak for SW.
Oh she sounds interesting, I must look her up. I just love everything budget😂😂😂I'm big into a bargain too. My father in law is currently living with us for a while and hes very much a meat and spuds man,everyday at 1pm. Luckily he can use a microwave 🤣🤣
I cook enough for 2 days every week day its easier with work. So on Sunday I cook enough for Sunday and Monday and so on for the week. I freeze any left overs for another day I could need something in a hurry

Yellow labels for the win! 😂 I got a great bargain last week in local Lidl they had all their small bacon joints down to 90p from usually like a fiver so I stocked up and filled a drawer of my freezer with them. (I got two standing freezers which is great for batch cooks - bargains and the fact we live an hour from all major supermarkets )

She's an American youtuber. She's handy to throw on in background. Not too in your face! 🙈

Yellow labels for the win! 😂 I got a great bargain last week in local Lidl they had all their small bacon joints down to 90p from usually like a fiver so I stocked up and filled a drawer of my freezer with them.
Now that was a bargain. I'd have bought it myself. Very seldom I see offers like that here.

I do a lot of that when things are reduced or on offer, especially if beef is cheap😂😂😂 at the moment washing pods are on offer every where so I have clean close till after the summer 😂😂😂 maybe longer if I get back into my smaller sizes😉I should probably say when and not if

So yesterday I decided today I would be cooking for the freezer, that didn't work out.... I decided that the house needed a good cleaning so that's what I did. Every inch got hit with either the Hoover, mop, duster and sometimes all of the above 😆😆
Back to work Friday so tomorrow is going to be a cooking day instead. I'm so tempted to jump on the scale but I'm afraid I'll start doing it obsessively and that's never good 😀😀😀

I stuck to plan again today. Eating lots of speed food, I hadn't used any syns all day so I had 2 skinny rocky road bars. So worth 7 syns for the both of them, really nice. My husband is still eating the Christmas sweets but I'm totally happy going without. He'll get through them. I don't even want them. It just reminds me that I am doing this at a time when I am ready. Happy out🙂🙂🙂

Its Thursday already. Back to work tomorrow, its going to be stressful but I will stick to plan and remind myself that I'm burning calories 😆 I have my fruit, dinner, cheese triangles and crackerbreads so I should be sorted diet wise. I also have my half a lemon, as I said no more excuses.

Today was good although I did max out my syns for the first day but its okay, I used an extra 0.5 syns. Not a 100% plan but close enough to forgive. I won't do it again. I felt more energetic today, I felt better internally than I have in a while. I love that feeling. Almost as if I was soooooo badly off plan that in just a short few days my body is apprecating the effort and the changes I'm making.... I guess I'll know if the feeling lasts. Although my diet was disastrous.

The lemon water is actually easier to drink now.

I must start looking for a workout. Something that isn't too hard on my joints right now because they are suffering with the excess weight. I'm so unfit. I'll find something that will help get me moving. I was never one for walking the roads, maybe a dance class might help..... must look into it

You seem to be giving it your all atm which is great ! Don't beat yourself up too much over 1/2 a syn. You're doing great and it will take time for your eating habits to change.

Ive had a rubbish evening where I declare my food a right off 🤣 was great until I got called to work unexpectedly before dinnertime. There's always tomorrow.

Zumba is good fun and can be low intensity. I used to really enjoy it even though my coordination is terrible. They say swimming is great too but obvs that isn't an option atm.
Not sure if you have children but there's a game called ring fit, it looks like fun.

What did you have for your meals today? I didn't get cooking a main meal today but hopefully get 2 made tomorrow before lunchtime.

You seem to be giving it your all atm which is great ! Don't beat yourself up too much over 1/2 a syn. You're doing great and it will take time for your eating habits to change.

Ive had a rubbish evening where I declare my food a right off 🤣 was great until I got called to work unexpectedly before dinnertime. There's always tomorrow.

Zumba is good fun and can be low intensity. I used to really enjoy it even though my coordination is terrible. They say swimming is great too but obvs that isn't an option atm.
Not sure if you have children but there's a game called ring fit, it looks like fun.

What did you have for your meals today? I didn't get cooking a main meal today but hopefully get 2 made tomorrow before lunchtime.
How are you. Yesterday is in the past, you can't change that but hopefully today is a better day for you.
Yesterday I had an omelette for breakfast, bought an omelette maker and its amazing. For dinner I had a home made burger with made coleslaw tomato and mushrooms. For tea I had a bowl of speed soup and I big bowl of chopped fruit with ff strawberry yogurt.
Today I'm back to work with a big bag of food in tow 🤣🤣🤣

Back to work today, not too stressful so that's a good thing. I doubled my steps today according to my tracker which is a good thing. Started taking my glucosamine again today to get my joints moving a little easier.
Stuck to plan again even though I was surrounded by biscuits and sweets. I bought skimmed milk for work and refilled my crackerbread and cheese triangles so that's my snacks sorted because I have my fruit too. The apple situation is not good, I'll just about make it through till Sunday 😂😂😂

Today I had some cannelloni, broccoli and turnip. Twas quiet filling and kept me going until I got home. I had some soup, chilli crackers and a rocky road washed down with tea and Ribena. I had my lemon water today and a half pint of water, seriously need to do something about my water intake, I might have extra lemon water, better than the ribena I'd say.

Not a bad day. Power through again for tomorrow

I didn't post yesterday I was so tired I had an early night. I spent some time looking for snack recipes and found a few interesting ones I will give them a go maybe tomorrow.

Stuck to plan again yesterday but it's my star week so I'm not sure what way the scales will go in the morning. Hopefully I will see a good loss and if not it will show later in the month. I am a little bummed out over it and I was tempted to hit the chocolate but I didn't let those thoughts take over and had half a tub of ff yogurt instead. That actually sorted the craving out and I was pretty happy with myself. I'd just have been gutted if I gave in.
Food shopping this morning. Time to stock up for another delicious week of slimming.

Haven't updated for a few days, I started to a few times and got distracted. Today was my first weighin and I lost 4.5 pounds eventhough it's my star week, it can be an unpredictable week to weigh in. I was pretty wound up about it but I held tough and got a great result for my effort.

I made some homemade spring rolls and they are amazing. I saw them online when I was looking for low syn snacks.these are syn free and loaded with speed veg and flavour, nice hot or cold.made a huge batch.split them in 4 and froze them. So easy to make. I tried up some mince pork in frylight, then added a bag of aldi stir fry, removing the water chestnuts. These I sliced up smaller and then added them. I added 3tblsp of soya sauce, garlic, smoked paprika and cummin and let it cook away. While it was cooking I boiled some water and threw in the cannelloni tubes for 40 seconds, I did this 5 tubes at a time, I did 20 shells. I used the stir stirfry mix to stuff the tubes (that's why the water chestnuts had to be cut small so they would fit) spray the tubes with lots of frylight and bake for 25minutes. Soooooo worth it

Today I decided to treat myself to a dinner box, sw way of course. Again I made a huge batch and ate 3 pieces (they weren't huge) with sw chips, tomatoes and coleslaw, I was stuffed. So worth the effort. I'm enjoying cooking.

I did a huge shop full of all the healthy stuff.

I made my soup too but not as much as last week. I'm all set for the week.
I decided that I would have a treat today because its weigh day but when it came down to eating something I couldn't decide what I wanted so I had a spring roll followed by an apple and yogurt 🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• 20210117_150728.jpg
    20210117_150728.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Oh I love these. I make them with lasagne sheets as it's hard to get the tubes where we live as it's only a tiny convenience store or Aldi/Lidl in the next town which is like 35 mins away. Haven't tried with water chestnuts tho so definitely give this a try for my next meal prep.

Oh I love these. I make them with lasagne sheets as it's hard to get the tubes where we live as it's only a tiny convenience store or Aldi/Lidl in the next town which is like 35 mins away. Haven't tried with water chestnuts tho so definitely give this a try for my next meal prep.
The water chestnuts were in the bag of stirfry veg from aldi that I used. They are very tasty. I'll see how they are when they come out of the freezer😉

Back