No more excuses diary

Today was a crazy day at work, very busy. I'm very tired tonight.
I stuck to plan ate some fruit to keep me going until I got a chance to eat. My water intake wasn't very good today. I had my lemon water but it was tea and coffee all day and again this evening. I'm sitting now and I am going to drink 2 glasses before I go to bed.

I had some KFC chicken, sw obsessively and coleslaw and tomato washed down with 2 cups of tea when I got home. These are the days where I would reach for a packet of biscuits or chocolate or a huge bowl of cereal but luckily I had the chicken in the fridge. I'm happy I did, it allowed me to have something tasty that was on plan.

Tomorrow is going to be crazy again and when the vaccines start I will be stressed out totally. I'll get through that with my food diary at my side 🤪🤪🤪

Oh cool. I actually think I gave a can of them hiding in back of my cupboard from Asda along with beansprouts from a failed attempt at a fakeaway a while ago. 😂

Haven't been on for a few days and I don't think its doing me good staying away so I'm back. Was a good week so far. Stuck to plan and kept my speed food up and the syns below the max .
Today however I'm feeling the pinch. Its cold and wet and my motivation isn't great. I'm only 2 weeks in so I know I have to hold strong but my will power isn't great. The thoughts of things being hard enough so its okay if I don't stick to it but I can't allow that to take over. Yes things are hard enough in the world but me eating crappy food will only make it worse for me personally. So I think I might give myself a break today but not too much of a break. I've had my full sun allowance already today, mainly because I ate 3 chocolate rice cake without realising how high the syn value of them was. I was hungry doing the food shopping and instead of checking I just bought them and started eating. It was a very silly thing to do. I know better. 😔😔😔 I'm actually starting to feel a bit better writing all this down.
I made a bacon cheese burger for dinner with sw chips. It was lovely. With mushrooms, onions and tomatoes. Didnt eat too many chips the burger was plenty. I was going to say I was going to have some extra syns tonight but maybe not. I think I'll be okay now, maybe. I have plenty of fruit and yogurt to keep me going.

Its good to know that coming here and just be honest about what's going on really does help.

I find writing everything down helps not just with food but with life in general. I don't have a diary which I write in every night I just write down my thoughts on paper now and again.

Just done my online shop and have made sure just to order what I need for the week. No goodies in it this week.

You burger sounds divine. :)

You burger sounds divine. :)
It was yummy. it could have done with some homemade coleslaw but I forgot to get them today, got the cabbage and onions and forgot the carrots 🤪🤪

Just ate a huge bowl of sliced apples and watermelon. Better than any sugar rush🤣🤣

So I have just realised that I didn't eat much today I only had 1 meal and then I was snacking on fruit and rice cakes. That's why I was not in a good way today. I must watch that in future,

Great to see you back and typing away. I find it always helps me. I look and see what I've ate and how it's affecting my mood etc. I don't always immediately post it here but I wrote it all down in my planner then transfer it here when I have more time.
I know these lockdown extension in UK and Ireland are particularly rough at the moment. It's very hard mentally. But the way my SW consultant put it. Do you want to walk back to the world as you are? Or do you want to go out lighter?

Great to see you back and typing away. I find it always helps me. I look and see what I've ate and how it's affecting my mood etc. I don't always immediately post it here but I wrote it all down in my planner then transfer it here when I have more time.
I know these lockdown extension in UK and Ireland are particularly rough at the moment. It's very hard mentally. But the way my SW consultant put it. Do you want to walk back to the world as you are? Or do you want to go out lighter?
Thanks
I have a food diary that I update every day. When I was filling it out last night I realised that I had only eaten a dinner, no breakfast, no lunch just snacking on speed food and that didn't help my mood. I'm working through the lockdown and its very stressful. It is looking likely that the strict measures going to be here until March. I'm sure I'll get through them.

Today I am making more of an effort to eat meals. I just had an omelette with my healthy b. So I'm set now till dinner time.

No spending my syns stupidly today. Weigh day tomorrow

Lost another 1.5lb this week. I was hoping for 2.5 at the start of 5he week but I'll take the 1.5.
Stuck to plan last week, no hiccups except for feeling low on Saturday but I figured the issue out. Today I treated myself to a peanut butter and jam sandwich, 3 slices of bread and waaaaayyyyyyy too many syns to count for the jam etc. I just really fancied peanut butter for some reason and I thought I deserved a treat. Always on weigh day I would have something special, just to get it out of my system and then straight back to plan.

Tomorrow I am back to work. Dinner is spaghetti and meatloaf with loads of speed food like onions and peppers and tomatoes. Looking forward to it already 😂😂😂
Porridge bread for breakfast and maybe a 1egg omelette with veggies, I'm not a morning eater but I'm going to try and eat something every morning. Some beans or tinned spaghetti for tea. I will take my fruit to work as usual also. Won't be going hungry

Ohhhh Whats your recipe for Porridge bread? and meatloaf is that the one on the SW app? I'm dying to try new things. Going a little crazy with all the same meals.

I've always made my own meatloaf, its quiet simple. Low fat mince, a blitz onion, toast 2 slices of wholemeal bread and blitz to bread crumbs. 1tbl of Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic granules and black pepper. All in a bowl and mix it around until the breadcrumbs are well mixed into the mince. Beat an egg and throw that in to help combine the mix. Make it into your loaf shape and bang it in the oven at 180 for 40mins.

Don't pack the meat mix too tightly together because it will be too dry,just lightly shape it. Its good with pasta and potatoes and of course chips..... but everything's good with chips 🤣🤣🤣

My porridge bread is 2 eggs beat together with a tsp of bicarbonate soda and a big tub of fat free natural yogurt. Beat until the yogurt is smooth. Ul see the mix start to rise while your beating. Add 300g of porridge oats(a load right🙄) 60g of seeds(whatever you prefer, u can skip the seeds and use extra 60g of porridge)
Bake in a lined loaf tin for 40mins. You can turn it over and crisp up the base for another 10min.

I usually cut it into 9 thick slices, it's my healthy b, not really sw friendly but I love it

I've always made my own meatloaf, its quiet simple. Low fat mince, a blitz onion, toast 2 slices of wholemeal bread and blitz to bread crumbs. 1tbl of Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic granules and black pepper. All in a bowl and mix it around until the breadcrumbs are well mixed into the mince. Beat an egg and throw that in to help combine the mix. Make it into your loaf shape and bang it in the oven at 180 for 40mins.

Don't pack the meat mix too tightly together because it will be too dry,just lightly shape it. Its good with pasta and potatoes and of course chips..... but everything's good with chips 🤣🤣🤣
Sounds amazing. I must give it a try next week. I've loads of mince in freezer. I tried a recipe before but it had oats in it and no one in my house would try it 🙈

The porridge bread sounds great. I'm living in rural Ireland it's so hard to get SW friendly bread options. Ive been using up freezer stash from pre lockdowns. Running low but found some ww wraps hiding in their today.

Hi Simone, just catching up now. You seem to have a great start. I'm a weekend bulk cooker too and freeze meals in ikea glass dishes that can go straight into the oven.

I must start looking for a workout. Something that isn't too hard on my joints right now because they are suffering with the excess weight. I'm so unfit. I'll find something that will help get me moving. I was never one for walking the roads, maybe a dance class might help..... must look into it
If you find something please share, my joints are crying out at me right now trying to bare the excess weight

Hi Simone, just catching up now. You seem to have a great start. I'm a weekend bulk cooker too and freeze meals in ikea glass dishes that can go straight into the oven.

If you find something please share, my joints are crying out at me right now trying to bare the excess weight
Hiya
I'm using pharmanord glucosamine supplements. I tried other glucosamine before but these are working out. I'm not 100% but it is better. I think they were 20euro but worth it. I took 2 a day for the first week and so far so good

Today was a bang on plan day😂😂😂 although I am feeling very bloated so I'm back on my red Bush tea . I actually forgot about that side of the sw diet. I didn't eat much of a dinner today,I was just too bloated. The tea usually sorts it.

Other than that the diet went well today. I had my porridge bread for breakfast. Had some fruit throughout the day. I should have ate something this evening when I got home but I was just too uncomfortable to eat anything proper. I had some chilli rice crackers for 5 syns with my tea.it was about all I could face.

Tomorrow will be better with at least 2 good meals,it will be a bonus 😂😂😂

Today was a good day diet wise. That bloated feeling was gone this morning. I ate well today. I had meatloaf potatoes and veggies for dinner, cheese triangles and crackers for 6 syns early morning and tinned spaghetti and a seeded slim,herb. Snacking on apples pears and oranges as I went.
Hopefully I will hit the half stone on Monday 😊

Yesterday was a good day. Lots of speed fruit. Eating a breakfast was a definite challenge but I was full until lunchtime.
Had an unofficial weigh in this morning and it looks light I'm going to maintain this week.
My water intake has been very low this week only managed a pint most days so that's probably not helping. I'm sure it will catch up in a later week. I'm not going to let it discourage me. I know these things happen.

I'm going to buy a vibration plate. There are so many on the market its blowing my mind. I believe it will be good for my joints and get me moving more. I'll keep researching and then decide

So this morning I had 2 apples chopped up with yogurt. Ate them at about 11, I couldn't face eating before leaving the house again. Its just not something I can do.
I made 2 litres of ribena and have emptied the bottle just finishing the last glass now. I had the usual Berocca on the way to work. That's 1 syn for the ribena and a half syn for the Berocca. So I'm happy enough with that. Plus numerous teas and coffees 😂😂😂

Dinner today was slow cooker pork casserole with potatoes. As usual the slow cooker made an amazing job of it.

Tea was my heb seeded thin, toasted with flora, must syn that, bacon medallions, mushrooms, tomatoes and 2 duck eggs. Heaven.

Snacks were apples & watermelon.

I have to admit I am a bit bummed after weighing myself this morning. I don't think I will be doing an unofficial weighin again. I'm fairly disappointed. I have my old slimming world book and I can see the weight I lost last time. It is more or less the same not that I am comparing, I just looked at it yesterday evening. I know that the scales will show my efforts at a later date but I can't help being disappointed. I just have to keep on track. It will be worth it.

I'm off this weekend so I have some spring roll out of the freezer for nibbling on and my seeded slims for my healthy bs for the next few days.

I bought the vibration plate today, just have to wait for the arrival. I'm looking forward to using it and hopefully improving my aches and pains.
That's it for today.

Food shopping tomorrow 🥺🥺🥺 highlight of my week and I hate it 😂😂😂

Back