No more excuses

Think I'm still in ketosis :) ah well hopefully yesterday's naughtiness will give me a boost.

nothing more annoying than disorganisation!

Glad you are still in ketotis L)

Hasn't been too bad. Got to actually work for an hour and a half of my ten hour shift. Now at Harvester though tired so in a bad mood.

Well after my meat binge on Monday and having gone to Harvester yesterday I decided to have a sneaky mid-week WI today. And since Friday I've STS. Bit disappointed as I don't think I'll reach my goal for this week, however, glad I haven't gained. Plus aching back means I could be coming up to TOTM so will be holding on to water anyway. Just so badly want to be at 14st 7lb by the time I finish I just over 2 weeks (14st 6lb would be even better as that will be my half century).

you will get there, and like you say TOTM is sneaking up. The past has gone so forget the blips and just keep plodding :)

2 weeks today will be my last day on this diet and I can't begin to explain how much I'm looking forward to it. I'm running low on packs but have worked out I should have enough to see me though even if I have to have the ones I hate. Still keeping my fingers crossed to get to 15st at tomorrow wi and 14st 7lb for my final wi. Though if I can get to 14st 6lb I'll have reached my half century. Was thinking today about if I had to come back onto a vlcd and whether I'd stick with S&S or change to something else. When I started this time I was using many of my old packs from my last effort which I mostly liked, however, S&S and have changed a number of these to recipes which I don't like leaving me with 2 meals and a bar that I actually like. So I think if I have to come back I'll go with one of the other low price VLCD companies and see what their stuff is like.

Anyway, roll on 2 weeks and real food!!!

Decision to be made today. I lost 1lb this week which is rather disappointing. I've been struggling for the last few weeks on this and I'm almost out of packs that I like but don't want to order more. I have the food I'd need to start refeed today so do I start or do I try and tough out the last two weeks where I know I'll struggle and possibly break meaning I won't come off properly. Not sure what to do.

You know deep down what is best for you so afraid i can't answer for you

It is true that only you can make the decision for you. I can tell you what I did though and at least it's an option to consider. When I had had enough of the vlcd I chose the plan I wanted to move on to (SW) and made sure I knew what it entailed. I felt I needed to understand it and have everything in I would need. I then did the transition using up the packs in my own type of refeed. I have kept my calories low, am having vitamin supplements, keeping water high and my losses have not suffered. My gains correspond to planned weekends off plan and have come right back off when back on SW (as I say keeping calories low). I know I couldn't have stuck to a vlcd if I had not been completely committed to it. SW is a plan I can follow to goal and beyond. You will know deep down what you want to do though - and that is what is right for you. It is hard though - I understand your dilemma.

I've decided to refeed. I'm going to stick to the S&S refeed for a week. Also going to do Paul McKenna's hypnoband and restart Dr Becks Diet Solution. I'm then going to do a mix of SW and calorie counting to make sure I'm eating well. If it had just been a day I'd been struggling I would have stuck at it but been struggling since I restarted placement as its so hard to fit the packs in.

I bet you feel better now you've made a decision :). You can always go back to S&S if you want to later. Let me know how you get on with the hypnoband. I bought a cheap rip off with some woman blethering on. Did send me to sleep - did not stop my hunger :). Not really spent time studying Dr. Becks - though I know a lot of people swear by it. Good luck with the refeed :)

Thanks. It's honestly as though a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I just feel so much better for deciding to refeed instead of feeling unhappy as I was.

I don't think I'll regret this. It was making me miserable and I think it would have gone a lot worse if I'd stayed on the diet.

Just had my first proper re-feed meal and omg so nice! Had quorn and peas and now I'm stuffed. How on earth you're meant to have another 100g of veg on top of that I'll never know. Tried to eat slowly and pay attention to eating by putting my knife and fork down between mouthfuls. Ended up eating so slowly my food was cold my the end. Think I'll have to warm the plate next time.

Back