No More Fat Ted!!

Fat_ted21

I have decided to start Slimming world as of tomorrow and thought it would be a good idea to do a diary on here to keep me motivated. I have done many diets over the years, but after a stressful few months I am bigger than I have been in a long time and in need of losing at least 10 pounds. It probably is more I need to lose but Im aiming for that to begin with so at least all my clothes that are too tight will fit me again!!

Im at a good place right now after turning my back on a stressful situation in my life, I have more confidence etc to tackle my weight plus I have more time to myself to prepare healthy foods and exercise. Im doing it on my own rather than at class so will be on here for lots of motivation.

Being out in the sunshine today has got me super motivated to make an effort with my appearance after hiding away for so long. Ive had a bit of a last supper blow out and have stocked up on healthy food for the weeks ahead. Im feeling really excited like I can do this.

Day one has gotten off to a mixed start. I weighed in this morning at 11st 5. Which means Im a lot heavier than I thought :(

My fella went to the doctors after having bad stomach pains and has been told he has a stomach ulcer. I thought these only happened to middle aged business men who are stressed out! :( He has been told to lay off alcohol and eat healthier. The one positive is I have a partner in crime now on my mission to be healthier.

I have been on plan today, I did a red day and stuck to six syns. I also went for a two mile walk after work. Im planning on having a green day tomorrow which Im quite excited about (very sad I know!). Oh well onwards and downwards.

Day two is done and its been another good day on plan. Ive done green today. I found it a bit akward to begin with working around having two hebs for my lunch. Its just trying to get used to not having bread for breakfast. Im looking forwards to having a tasty jacket potato and beans for tea mmmmmmm. I do love sw.

Good luck! If you get off to a good start, the easier it is to keep up with as the weeks go on! :) xxx

goingtobeskinnysoon said:
Thought I'd come follow so we can compare notes on toning down the partying! Good work so far - I cannot manage a red day for the life of me! X

Wow!! Thanks for popping into my diary you guys!!

Not really got any tips on toning down partying yet. I can be good all week and when the weekend comes I want takeaways beer etc :( I also work wknds so when Im off I feel like I deserve a treat even more!

Red days are easy, but when I learnt sw for the first time all it was was red and green. Its what Im used to. I like them cos I can have the extra healthy extras too. Today was red and Ive had porridge yoghurt and fruit for brekkie, snacked on fruit, had a steak salad for lunch with a weetabix bar and had gammon and egg with roasted veggies for dinner. Hope that gives you an idea of what to have, I guess Im happy if Im having meat to go without spuds or something with it like that.

itsGCbaby said:
Good luck! If you get off to a good start, the easier it is to keep up with as the weeks go on! :) xxx

Thanks itsGCbaby!! Appreciate the moral support. Im feeling really motivated and finding it easy to do just now but I did feel pants for two weeks solid after eating lots of rubbish. Im worried after a month of eating healthy Ill be craving rubbish again. Im trying not to have stuff like chocolate crisps etc. Im one of these I cant just have a little bit of something cos then that gives me the taste and I binge. Id sooner do without and then I dont want any! I like using my syns on sugar in my brews and little bits like that.

But Ill see how it goes. Im planning on this taking a while Im not in any rush but I cant see myself never having chocolate forever!!

Mikado are fantastic! You can buy 1 pack and the entire pack is just 9 syns! There are 18 in a pack and they're half a syn each! :) Thats what I get when I feel like binging :) xxx

itsGCbaby said:
Mikado are fantastic! You can buy 1 pack and the entire pack is just 9 syns! There are 18 in a pack and they're half a syn each! :) Thats what I get when I feel like binging :) xxx

Lol! I may just have to have a box of them handy!!

Today has been another good day. Im feeling less bloated already after only three days in. I did an exercise dvd yesterday and it was sooooo hard!! Ive got so unfit lately, havent done strenuous exercise for ages! I honestly couldve cried half way through it but I kept going and I am proud of myself Im taking steps to get back into exercise. Even if they are baby steps.

One of my friends was a bit weird with me today when I said about dieting and I have to admit it has put my nose out of joint a bit. I basically said I didnt want any sweets while we were out when she asked did any from the shop. Later she made a comment about how she wasnt allowed any sweets earlier cos I was on a diet. It sounds silly when I write it like that that I got miffed by it. I dunno Ive always been bigger than this friend and Ive never been too chatty about dieting before, maybe she didnt know how to take me talking about it. I just felt like she was like if even the fatty isnt having any then Id better not! Lol! Its funny how us womens minds work!!! But Im glad I turned down the sweets.

Well done on the exercise hun! It does get easier I promise - I would struggle with anything before and now I'm hooked on the gym and loving the muscle tone. You'll get there I promise!

Know what you mean about the friend but I think your focus may have made her look at her own habits. I know someone who's very similar and if the fatter one (me!) is being healthy she'll go on about how 'everyone is being so healthy, I'm not allowed anything bad!' - yeah you are, it's your own insecurities stopping you, go knock yourself out with a sugar coma, I'm not fussed, just don't expect me to join you!

Keep focussed, you're doing great! X

I have a caramel bunny sitting on my desk :( have hidden it in my handbag for oh to have later!!

I have a long wknd off now so now is the time I would usually be tempted. Im doing ok so far, had a biccie I wasnt planning on but stopped at one. The one thing helping me is knowing my fella doesnt want beer or takeaway or anything with his stomach, and I dont wanna rub his nose in it.

goingtobeskinnysoon said:
Well done on the exercise hun! It does get easier I promise - I would struggle with anything before and now I'm hooked on the gym and loving the muscle tone. You'll get there I promise!

Know what you mean about the friend but I think your focus may have made her look at her own habits. I know someone who's very similar and if the fatter one (me!) is being healthy she'll go on about how 'everyone is being so healthy, I'm not allowed anything bad!' - yeah you are, it's your own insecurities stopping you, go knock yourself out with a sugar coma, I'm not fussed, just don't expect me to join you!

Keep focussed, you're doing great! X

Thanks hun glad to hear Im not the only one who has issues with others diet phobia!!

How are you getting on hun? Its good youre doing well with your exercise. Its annoyed me cos I have been really fit in the past even when Ive not been my slimmest I have always exercised and its only recently Ive been lazy, but no more! I did another walk last night and now I have a bit more free time with work Im gonner do more dvds and zumba!! No more excuses!!

I started doing regular exercise last week for the first time in a long while, and already after just a week I am finding it easier and finding myself do it for longer!! So keep it up, it gets easier!! :) xx

itsGCbaby said:
I started doing regular exercise last week for the first time in a long while, and already after just a week I am finding it easier and finding myself do it for longer!! So keep it up, it gets easier!! :) xx

Well done on the exercise! Again, Im glad to hear it does get easier! Hope youre getting on ok!

Im glad to report the caramel bunny made it home and safely into the belly of my fella x

You have more will power than me! I would have nommed it! LOL!
And I am fine thank you. How are you finding SW? xx

I totally understand about friends attitudes about diets, I have one who continually goes on about how diet plans are unhealthy and force you to eat too much food - this includes slimming world
To be honest I don't think she knows anything about the diet as I don't really discuss it, as how can lean meat and lots of fruit and veg, a daily controlled amount of fibre and calcium rich foods and a limited amount of fatty and sugary foods be unhealthy - and although portion sizes are not limited on SW, you are eating more healthy food and even when I put a week's food into a calorie counting programme it stills comes out below the recommended calorie intake so I am definitely not eating too much
I just think some people are intent on sabotaging their more overweight friends diets as they are worrying they'll soon become the bigger friend
Congrats for sticking to your guns and not having the sweets

you sound like your doing great! well done you. I have a friend whose also a little funny whenever i go on a diet, i think she feels like she shold be cutting down if i am and the preceeds to try and tempt me in a million ways! good luck xxx

itsGCbaby said:
You have more will power than me! I would have nommed it! LOL!
And I am fine thank you. How are you finding SW? xx

Lol! I had to hide it in my handbag but once it was out of sight it was out of mind! Glad to hear youre getting on ok. Im doing ok sw wise. Im surprised at how easy Ive got back in to the swing of it, and I can already see a difference in my stomach today. Its not as big or bloated! Yah!

My fella this wknd has bought two bags of donuts and a tub of ben and jerrys. Im sure he's just wanting to have some kind of treat cos he can't have a beer, and so far I have been super saintly and avoided it all! Again tho, Ive had to hide the donuts away! I have got some tasty smelling pork in the slow cooker for tea tonight. Mmmmmmm.

Unintentionally Ive been having a bit of a carb curfew cos I do red days and have all my b's before dinner and I do think that has made a big difference. I dont feel as hungry in the evenings. I am really proud of myself for sticking it out this week, normally Ive slipped up by the weekend, but Ive been exercising and eating healthy and it hasnt felt like Ive had to think about it too much. I think what has helped me is Im not that bothered about losing it for anything in particular. Before Ive wanted to lose it for a holiday or a night out and put pressure on myself to lose so much by a certain date. But now I am happy just to be eating better looking after myself and it will come off when it wants to.

6lauraha said:
I totally understand about friends attitudes about diets, I have one who continually goes on about how diet plans are unhealthy and force you to eat too much food - this includes slimming world
To be honest I don't think she knows anything about the diet as I don't really discuss it, as how can lean meat and lots of fruit and veg, a daily controlled amount of fibre and calcium rich foods and a limited amount of fatty and sugary foods be unhealthy - and although portion sizes are not limited on SW, you are eating more healthy food and even when I put a week's food into a calorie counting programme it stills comes out below the recommended calorie intake so I am definitely not eating too much
I just think some people are intent on sabotaging their more overweight friends diets as they are worrying they'll soon become the bigger friend
Congrats for sticking to your guns and not having the sweets

Youre right SW is all about eating healthier so I dont understand people who have a problem with that, especially if they dont know the plan. Like you said I just think some people worry about if the bigger one is worrying about what they eat that they need to worry to. TBH my mate has been a bit odd about a couple of other non-diet things so I think it was just part of that.

Back