No More Monster Munching ... [Week 7: 10lbs lost]

Dreading tomorrow's weigh in - this has been a BAD week.

Well, that's not as horrific as I thought. I've put on 2lbs but I honestly thought it would be more.

Like any footballer manager in a press conference, there's positives to be taken from this week, mainly, I know exactly where I went wrong and can sort that out this week - i.e. don't go on a stag do! Also, when starting this, I set out a target of losing 2.5lbs week. Even with this bad WI this week, I'm losing 3lbs a week.

This week I've got to be sensible as we're mad busy at work, and I've also got some free lance work to do, so I need to avoid the urge to 'grab something on the way home'.

Cheers.

Well, that's not as horrific as I thought. I've put on 2lbs but I honestly thought it would be more.

Like any footballer manager in a press conference, there's positives to be taken from this week, mainly, I know exactly where I went wrong and can sort that out this week - i.e. don't go on a stag do! Also, when starting this, I set out a target of losing 2.5lbs week. Even with this bad WI this week, I'm losing 3lbs a week.

This week I've got to be sensible as we're mad busy at work, and I've also got some free lance work to do, so I need to avoid the urge to 'grab something on the way home'.

Cheers.

That's a good result :) If you'd been stirctly on plan, stuck to it 100% and STILL gained 2lbs you'd be rightly annoyed, but as you say, you know exactly where it's come from (and you enjoyed it!) and it's not something you'll be doing every week.

Onwards and downwards!

Cheers.

I find work is the biggest killer for me too mines starting to slow down now need to get moving more as i dont want it to come to a stand still :)

I find work is the biggest killer for me too mines starting to slow down now need to get moving more as i dont want it to come to a stand still :)

Great stuff. :)

Well I have managed to survive a ridiculously busy week at work without resorting to fast food, chocolate, crisps or beer. I've been out on the push bike quite a bit and did the Park Run in 28:41 this morning, a new PB. :)

Going to make Pete's lasagna for tea tonight. Looking forward to trying it. :)

All Pete's recipes I have tried have been yum

Congrats on your PB

Well it could have been worse, just weighed in and it's 2lbs off, which is basically the 2lbs I put on last week. Not too bad.

Hoping for a decent week this week although I am out for beers on Saturday and have a meal out on Saturday too. But that is the only off plan stuff I am doing so hopefully I can keep it under control.

I will be cycling 30m+ this week and will be doing the Park Run again, so that should have a good effect. :)

Update
Week 1 - 7lbs off
smile.gif

Week 2 - 5lbs off
smile.gif

Week 3 - 2lbs on
frown.gif

Week 4 - 2lbs off
smile.gif

Two days in and this week has gone to sh1t. I said I didn't have anything planned, and I didn't, but I was asked tonight to be best man for my very good friend, so celebrated, with pizza and wine. A big honour so not mega fussed. I got caught up the moment.

Damage limitation this week now.

Congratulations! That's awesome news :) and another goal for you.

Thanks Pippa, definitely. I am feeling slightly guilty about the crap I ate tonight, but, I am looking forward to getting back on it for the rest of the week.

Guilt is a wasted emotion - especially over food. It was one meal, not one week. You were celebrating and caught up in the moment. Enjoy the evening for what it was and get back on plan today. Maybe reduce syns a little for the week if you're worried about a gain?

Thanks Pippa, I was just thinking the exact same thing in the car on the way to work this morning. Why am I measuring my weightloss in terms of meals, days or even weeks, this is a long term challenge which I will nail slowly and steadily.

Definitely back on plan today, at least til Saturday's beers?

Haha! Does it have to be beer? How about gin and slim or vodka and diet coke?

I would get physically hurt if I ordered a G&T. I plan to do a 25 mile cycle ride on Sunday, and run 3 miles before I drink so HOPEFULLY it won't do too much damage if I avoid the kebab at the end of the afternoon (Which I will).

Oh, by the way, I have got into a pair of work trousers that I hadn't worn for years this morning. Massive boost.

I would get physically hurt if I ordered a G&T. I plan to do a 25 mile cycle ride on Sunday, and run 3 miles before I drink so HOPEFULLY it won't do too much damage if I avoid the kebab at the end of the afternoon (Which I will).

Oh, by the way, I have got into a pair of work trousers that I hadn't worn for years this morning. Massive boost.

Peer pressure sucks! Are your mates aware that you're trying to cut down? Could you try alternating one alcoholic drink wiht one non-alcoholic or would that be frowned on, too?

Yay for the trousers! I'm sat looking at a huge bag of clothes that I weeded out of my wardrobe that need to go to the charity shop. I'm NOT keeping them *just in case*!

Peer pressure sucks! Are your mates aware that you're trying to cut down? Could you try alternating one alcoholic drink wiht one non-alcoholic or would that be frowned on, too?

Yay for the trousers! I'm sat looking at a huge bag of clothes that I weeded out of my wardrobe that need to go to the charity shop. I'm NOT keeping them *just in case*!

Yeah, to be honest, I'm probably making too much of a big deal of it. My friends wouldn't care really, but I do enjoy a couple of pints every so often and I'm a real ale fanatic, so I love trying new ones from different breweries. I'm just going to take it easy, definitely NOT have pork scratchings or crisps and not go silly.

That's a great idea regarding the bag of clothes! I may do something similar.

Hahahahahahaha! My boyfriend had the same problem last weekend at a stag do. Enjoy your beers and just be good before and after. If you want a kebab why not have a shish with salad and ask for them to hold the pitta?

That's exactly what I plan to do - going to refrain from any tpe of kebab. I find SW chips are tastier than most fast foods anyway. Just shame about the waiting time!

Nice. Do they taste the same?!

Back