No More Monster Munching ... [Week 7: 10lbs lost]

Always aim for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!

Home from work for the long weekend. This, in the past, would be where my healthy eating and good work turns to ****. But, not this time! SW chips and frittata for tea!

Have a great weekend all.

keep up the good work x Hows today treating you?

Good thanks! I did the Park run this morning and got 29:16 which was great. Went to a friends who did us a SW grill up - amazing! And now doign SW chicken fried rice for tea! :eek:k ...

Also very pleased as took my son to the supermarket for the first time BY MYSELF. Don't think I've ever shopped so quickly!

I took my two to sainsburys for nappies today and it was terrible lol. Spent most of the walk home trying to carry a stroppy toddler while pushing the pushchair! Im trying to fight a chest infection and had back ache so it want good for either. Wow on the park run! I have a treadmill at home I like to do couch to 5k on and Im going to restart it once my chest is better

I took my two to sainsburys for nappies today and it was terrible lol. Spent most of the walk home trying to carry a stroppy toddler while pushing the pushchair! Im trying to fight a chest infection and had back ache so it want good for either. Wow on the park run! I have a treadmill at home I like to do couch to 5k on and Im going to restart it once my chest is better

Sounds a bit of a nightmare! Our son is only 4 months and still on the boobozade, so it was a nerve wracking, but thankfully, he slept the whole way through!

Best of luck with the running - the hardest part is putting your gear on. I'd heartily recommend the park runs - very friendly and family orientated.

We put on a buffet for the family today - so pleased - I stuck to free food and just synned some chocolate tea cakes! It's the last day before my weigh in tomorrow so we're going for a long walk and a pub lunch and as I have quite a few syns left, I will have a pint or two and a nice sensible pub lunch.

You are supposed to use all your syns aren't you? I won't gain anything by 'saving' them?

We put on a buffet for the family today - so pleased - I stuck to free food and just synned some chocolate tea cakes! It's the last day before my weigh in tomorrow so we're going for a long walk and a pub lunch and as I have quite a few syns left, I will have a pint or two and a nice sensible pub lunch. You are supposed to use all your syns aren't you? I won't gain anything by 'saving' them?

Absolutely use them. They stop you thinking "I'll never be able to have xxxxxx again" and going off the rails :) When you get close to target, they also give you something to "adjust" if you're having trouble shifting the final few pounds. Not using them now is just depriving yourself :)

Absolutely use them. They stop you thinking "I'll never be able to have xxxxxx again" and going off the rails :) When you get close to target, they also give you something to "adjust" if you're having trouble shifting the final few pounds. Not using them now is just depriving yourself :)

Brilliant! Thanks! I have 35 to use tomorrow then! Just checking out the menu at the pub now!

Gone slightly off piste today. Had a 5 mile walk to a pub in the next village and I'd sussed out that I could have the gammon - unfortunately, they'd sold out! So I had to have the steak instead. Not bad in itself, but then I had a big dessert too. I'm not attempting to syn it but I had 35 left so I'm just going to draw a line under it.

Oh well, I'm still positive, I've cycled 30 miles this week, ran 3 and walked 10, as well as been on plan up until 2pm this afternoon. Weigh in day tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Well I've got to be happy with that, my 2nd weigh in this morning and I've lost another 4lbs, so that's 11lbs in two weeks. :)

Other than going a bit feral yesterday (I didnt count syns, but did have 35 left and didn't go too wild) I have done lots of exercise and stuck to the plan.

This weekend is goign to be a challenege as I'm on a stag do from Friday night. I have been thinking about it and I think I am going to try to save all my syns until Friday, have fun on Friday, then don't worry about the plan until Sunday morning. It's the only way to keep sane I think.

Well done on the loss x

Well I've got to be happy with that, my 2nd weigh in this morning and I've lost another 4lbs, so that's 11lbs in two weeks. :)

Other than going a bit feral yesterday (I didnt count syns, but did have 35 left and didn't go too wild) I have done lots of exercise and stuck to the plan.

This weekend is goign to be a challenege as I'm on a stag do from Friday night. I have been thinking about it and I think I am going to try to save all my syns until Friday, have fun on Friday, then don't worry about the plan until Sunday morning. It's the only way to keep sane I think.

I think that's sensible. You won't be going to a stag do every weekend (unless you have a *lot* of friends!). Just don't beat yourself up if you don't lose (or even gain a lb!) and be aware that dehydration might play a part. You could perhaps try to rein it back in from about Saturday lunchtime - if you feel up to it ;)

I'm in the same boat after a bit of an alcoholic debacle on Sunday night. But I made the choices so come Thursday's result I won't be too annoyed with myself. Life is going on all around us and sometimes we have to take part with a little more vigour :)

I think that's sensible. You won't be going to a stag do every weekend (unless you have a *lot* of friends!). Just don't beat yourself up if you don't lose (or even gain a lb!) and be aware that dehydration might play a part. You could perhaps try to rein it back in from about Saturday lunchtime - if you feel up to it ;)

I'm in the same boat after a bit of an alcoholic debacle on Sunday night. But I made the choices so come Thursday's result I won't be too annoyed with myself. Life is going on all around us and sometimes we have to take part with a little more vigour :)

Brilliant advice as ever. Love it. Yeah, I plan to partake in the stag do in 'sensible' way, don't want to obliterate the good work I have done so far. And as you say, going to TRY not worry worry too much and play the long game. Thanks again.

How much is too much?

It's probably been asked before but yesterday I was ravenous and had three of the syn free muller lights for dessert. Is that Ok?! I felt guilty doing it but it was either that or a Mars Bar which would have been worse!

Just got back from the stag do. I think I'm going to try to forget about it and move on ASAP as it involved lots of beer, pizzas, crisps and a whole host of other bad things. I reckon it might be a 4 figure syn value. ;-)

Anyway, that was a complete one off, not to be repeated.

There's no way I'll lose weight this week though, just have to try to minimise the damage now - back on plan tomorrow.

Back