No more waiting by the letterbox.......

bloodcoveredprincess

Loving Life with TeamRH
At last after waiting for weeks my voucher has arrived :scale::happy036:

I will be going to my first meeting on Monday night....

I am doing my weeks shopping before then so if anyone could give me a clue what not to buy and anything that's essential (apart from fry spray) that would be great. (I don't do much processed food such as mug shots and the like).

Another thing I would like to know is if I have to take my shoes off to get weighed

Cheers my Honey.....

At last after waiting for weeks my voucher has arrived :scale::happy036: I will be going to my first meeting on Monday night.... I am doing my weeks shopping before then so if anyone could give me a clue what not to buy and anything that's essential (apart from fry spray) that would be great. (I don't do much processed food such as mug shots and the like). Another thing I would like to know is if I have to take my shoes off to get weighed Cheers my Honey.....

Yes shoes off & wear a "light" outfit :) Good luck!!!

Oh no.... I wanted to wear some three ton boots ;)

bah... foiled again

Two pockets full of pound coins...... wiggles eyebrows

I must admit I have seen people try all sorts when getting to target.... off with jewellery, underskirts, tights, hairclips, dentures, nipping for an extra wee....

Always makes me laugh people avoiding eating a meal before going as it only works once, then you have to go starving every week and usually come home and eat the world :17729:

I must admit I have seen people try all sorts when getting to target.... off with jewellery, underskirts, tights, hairclips, dentures, nipping for an extra wee.... Always makes me laugh people avoiding eating a meal before going as it only works once, then you have to go starving every week and usually come home and eat the world :17729:

Ha ha that's true. Write down any questions you have so your consultant can clarify for you.I always took a notebook to group to note any new products or recipes mentioned.

Good luck for your first meeting! :) I religiously don't eat for 4 hours before weigh-in and always take off my watch, even though it must weigh about 10g haha! ;)

In terms of shopping, stock up on basics - fresh/frozen fruit, fresh/frozen/tinned veg, pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, fish & poultry, basic herbs and spices :) And get yourself a chip tray too - they're a godsend when it comes to making SW chips!

Thanks MissNix I'll make sure I get all the right goodies in....

And I'll make sure to take my notebook with me Issy

:sign0144:. And my sign lol

Buy plenty of 'superfree'- veg and fruit (but not peas, corn, sweet potato, parsnip or avocado) it is what you will need most, frozen can be really helpful. I find I eat about 3 mullerlight yogurts per day too, and I never ate yogurts before. The most are free, just the 'under layer ones, custard and greek style ones aren't. They are great if you fancy something sweet or quick.

Thanks for the tips.... I presume lot fat natural yogurt is syn free too......

Fat free natural yogurt is free, but low fat isn't usually free

I hope I don't have to take mine off as I have some back trouble which can make is difficult to bend and for the last six months I have been having a problem with my arm which causes lots of pain and very decreased use.... I have been x-rayed and am waiting for an MRI to find out what the problem is.... the x-ray showed that I have acromioclavicular joint hypertrophy in my shoulder (which is really rare.....) but they don't think that is causing the pain or lack of mobility.....

Getting dressed can be quite a trial so once I'm done I like to stay done :boohoo:

It can be a real problem with exercising too :sigh:

I have had to stick to walking for the last few weeks, but that's better than nothing and I'll take what I can get

You don't have to take off your shoes, just wear the same ones for every weigh in :) cause shoes can very in weight quite drastically :) same with the type of clothes, I used to always weigh in my work uniform (cause it meant my clothing wasn't effecting my losses) so if you weigh in in jeans and a t-shirt stick to that same sorta thing :)

Fat free natural yogurt is free, but low fat isn't usually free

Thanks MissNix

I'm going shopping shortly and I'll make sure I buy the fat free :innocent0002:

:bananalove:I prefer natural anyway.... just add my own fruit :greenapple:

Back