Total Solution No more yo yo-ing!

Hope so marge - did a 10 mile run this morning but think I tried to do too much too soon as my knee started hurting half way round so I had to power walk the last 4 miles :(

Only 3 weeks till the half marathon - I hope I can do it

10 miles is a lot to do when you have not been training for a couple of weeks. I am sure you will be ready for the half marathon in time but please don't over do it and injure yourself. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Girls I need your help..

I'm sorry I haven't been sharing my life with you all recently, I've been so busy and took my maintaining for granted. Which as well all know is dangerous.

I feel big today, I'm out of my skinny jeans and even my bigger jeans are getting snug. I've no idea if my scales are accurate anymore - hubby thinks not. So I could be even heavier than I thought. Hope not.

I'm eating like I used to, far too much chocolate and sweet treats. If I don't take action I'll put all my weight back on.

I need to you help me like you did when I was losing. If I go quiet, ask where I am, help me get back on track.

I don't think I can do this without you girls :(

I will promise to post everything I eat on here every day, even if it's terrible. And then you can shout at me if it is..

We're here, I can support, shout and kick you up the bum when needed. Weigh tomorrow on different scales, docs, supermarket, pharmacy or friends. Start new. New day. Maintenance is harder than losing, you'll get any gain off again xxx

You have taken the first step in regaining control just by asking for help. People leave this site for two reasons, either because they have reached their goal and no longer need support or because their eating has got out of control and they are maybe embarrassed to admit even to themselves that they are no longer succeeding.
I am sure you will soon find your weight dropping because you are being mindful of what you are eating and because you are getting back into training. Good luck. x

Yo yo I get it - totally. I started at 12stone. Down to 8st 13 in November 2014. 7 weeks later 1 stone weight gain. Yes, Christmas, new year, an unbelievable amount of partying, 2 holidays but all excuses. There is no justification for putting that kind of weight on in 6 weeks at 9stone.

I felt like things were slipping out of my control. Wore my skinny jeans on the way home on a Sunday night and when I got in my skin was almost raw from how tight they were. I was so upset and needed drastic action. First thing I did was got on the scales, could not believe I'd put on a stone.

So my nemesis, sugar, I decided to cut out completely in January. I lasted 3 weeks and lost 5lbs. Felt amazingly better.

Feb I was in Hong Kong on business for 2 weeks and gained a pound.

March I'm hoping to go back to losing ways again and am totally in zone at moment.

The point is, you sound like you've had the shock to the system you needed (the jeans, like me). Now in my view you need to go cold turkey for a couple of days to get yourself back on track. If you're anything like me, weight loss on the scales makes you want to lose more - it Spurs you on. I would cut out all the crap for 48 hours, eat lovely clean healthy food and see how you feel at the end of it. That's how I always get myself back on track. And 2 days isn't so aggressive that you rebel against it.

You've not let this slip away yet, you're still in control, you just need that little jolt to get you back on the straight and narrow.

I'll check on you tomo xx

They say in AA and other 12-step programmes that relapse is part of recovery. We're never going to be perfect so there's no point in trying to be whether during the weight loss phase or during maintenance. They overlap and probably always will. Just wipe the slate clean and start afresh, one day at a time x

Thanks so much guys! So far today I've had Shreddies and milk and my lunch was stew and mash and I've had 2 cappuccinos on the tassimo machine (which have a small amount of sugar in)

I bought caramel buttons for the room and I've had 2 so far..

image-3379083941.jpg

I love that Yoyo, I must remember it when temptation knocks on my door. x

More chocolate buttons and pizza and then after a very stressful day at work 2 large glasses of wine, shared 2 bags of scampi fries and bacon fries and just had a roll with butter and Cheshire cheese.

The plus is I could have taken the remaining bag of giant caramel buttons home from work.. I was tempted. But I didn't
Minor hooray

Also you're writing down what you've had and thinking about. Ok not a perfect day but could have been loads worse ;-)

Ah Yoyo, we are all the same. Bravo for confessing & writing it down. Another thing that I do to bring me back to reality when my eating gets out of control is to keep all the packaging of the junk food I have eaten so that I could visualize what I was doing. It works every time with me x

Rubbish day today - woke up feeling really sick which I blamed on the wine from last night at first but as the day progressed I got worse :(

Think I must have a tummy bug :( feeling dreadful.

Only eaten a bowl of cereal a piece of toast today

Oh not a good way to eat so little. Hope you start to feel better soon. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hope you are feeling better today Yoyo. x

Bit better today, eaten cereal with milk for bfast, then a slice of toast and butter and an apple. Then I had a slice of toast with cheese and tomato soup.

Just had a muller Greek corner

Very tempted by the biscuits in our kitchen but I've managed to abstain so far..

Well no biscuits eaten and I'm trying to eat plain fish rice and peas but so far only managed a forkful :( this bug is doing wonders for my waistline ..

I think your doing amazingly well restricting yourself. When I'm so poorly I must confess to eating what I fancy especially if I'm struggling to eat. A little bit of higher cals is better than a little bit of none. Hope you feel better tomorrow xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I had a biscuit. Just one mind you :)

Night x

Back