No movement on scales for 8 days

merlynne

8 days!
:mad:

- Kept to diet, SS with SS+ at weekends
- Drinking 3+ litres water a day
- Only mild exercise, using a pedometer to make sure I get 10,000+ steps in a day

Yes, TOTM started two days ago but surely that wouldn't have affected things for this long?

I must be operating on a major calorie deficit by now - so why aren't the scales shifting???!!!??

Dodgy scales?!? I really feel for you it must be so frustrating :( had you been following a low cal/carb diet before you started? The only thing I would say is keep at it, it might not seem worth it esp as the scales aren't moving but eventually your body will catch up with what your daily intake is, good luck and keep chucking the water! If your totm is due and you tend to get water retention, drink a lot of water steadily throughout the day can help with this x

Ah, dreaded week 3-itis. This phase is completely normal. It happens to a lot of people, don't worry. All of a sudden, the scales will drop a couple of pounds overnight. Now... stop weighing every day!

When I did the diest previously I was 100% SS absolutely NO cheating and for 2 weeks in a row I only lost 1lb, was gutted but kept going and the following week I lost 9lbs, so it still evened out to a stone by the end of the month :) If that's happening try not to weigh at home and wait for your weigh in and TRUST the diet...... the losses will come :)

x

Yes TOTM can make that much difference. That's why looking at a rolling 4 week average helps.

Good luck with the next week,

Ali

9 days now.

Thanks for replies. I know you're right - it WILL shift, it has to but it is so frustrating.

I'm kind of glad I'm keeping an eye on the scales though - it would be a nasty shock to find out when I was expecting a big loss. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll see a biggish drop in the next few days...

This happens to me every few weeks n then suddenly i lose a big amount. I need to update my tracker this week but basically the week i restarted after xmas i gained 2lbs then i lost 9lbs then i gained 3 n then i lost 4. I know im due a really big one in a week or two. Its stupid but thats the way my body works :S

It took fully 14 days with no scale movement and suddenly this morning I've dropped 4lb!!!! :)

My body is weird. Very glad I held on...

Into the 17s now!

Well done for not giving up!

Yay! well done you. I think weird eratic weight-loss is very common - something to do with water retention I think...

8 days!
:mad:

- Kept to diet, SS with SS+ at weekends
- Drinking 3+ litres water a day
- Only mild exercise, using a pedometer to make sure I get 10,000+ steps in a day

Yes, TOTM started two days ago but surely that wouldn't have affected things for this long?

I must be operating on a major calorie deficit by now - so why aren't the scales shifting???!!!??

i`m so glad you posted this thread, not because you are not seeing the scales go down but because i am also having a slow week and the scales have not budged
it is TOTM for me too so hoping this is the reason
i did cd in 2007/2008 and from what i remember i had some weeks i never lost in lbs but lost in inches
guess it could be water retention and the way our bodies work with this diet
well done for sticking with it, i know the scales can put us off but you have done great

kaz:)

Back