No sneak peak

Jael

I'm ridiculously happy that I haven't sneak peaked at the scales today and no one gets why this is a big deal but you lot. So sorry, I'm boring you all by sharing here lol.

Feeling seriously under the weather today. Look like cow dung, dark circles under eyes. Feeling bloated and having a fat day. Suddenly, I got paranoid that I was gaining weight and needed a scales peak to check. Then, the devil on my shoulder started telling me I've probably lost loads of weight because I'm ill and not eating much; therefore a sneak peak would boost my confidence.

However, I remembered all the excellent advice on here about sneak peaking and I didn't do it. Yay! Weigh in is all that counts. I've never checked midweek before; not going to start now

charlotte1985 said:
Wow, I wish I could follow this. I weigh myself at least once a day...sometimes more!

Me too. Every morning & most evenings after work in my weigh in clothes. I prefer to know what's coming at weigh-in!

Well done for the self control & hope you feel better soon x

Every morning, evening and as mentioned above, before weigh in in clothes...
I don't think this is harmful though..? I get it's a little obsessive!

x

i used to be totally obsessed with weighing myself and then my scales broke. and i used it as an excuse to join slimming world. however i find it terrifying getting on the scales and not knowing what they are going to say, but it helps keep me on the straight and narrow :)

abz xx

I am contemplating taking my scales to my Dad's so I do not get tempted to weigh myself during the week. Need to get it into my head that the only weight that matters is the one I get on my weigh in.

I hide my scales 2 weeks ago and its great! I used to weight at least 2 or 3 times a week (official weigh in tuesday evening at class) but now I do my best to stick to plan every day and just enjoy the feeling of being in control and feeling great in my new body (1.5 lb off 4 stone lost since May), I still have a stone or so to go but I know the plan works if I stick to it so my actual weight is not an issue and if the scales are not so kind on weigh in I will only be miserable for 1/2 hour or so - once image therapy starts I will be fired up again for the coming week. I really recommend hiding the scales for a week and see how you feel.

I used to be a sneaky peaked, even up to 3 or 4 times a day. I found it messed around with my head and mood soooo much. When I joined my class 23 weeks ago I haven't stepped on the home scales once so much so, we had to weigh out puppy the other week and I made my hubby get on with him because I knew it would just take that one time of stepping onto them, I would then be on them all the time and comparing the to the class ones

I'm awful for having sneaky peak! I weigh myself every morning. I need to find the motivation to stop it as it has just become habit! I'm hoping this will stop when I move out of my parents as I will be leaving the scales behind! I'm hoping it will make me be 100% every day!!

Well done!

I weigh myself every morning...
Its such a bad habit but I just cant stop doing it! I know when I step on the scales its not giving me a true representation - fluctuating 2-3lbs from day to day which is actually quite demotivating sometimes.

If I dont weigh though, I feel like I have no idea of how I'm doing - even though I've just said I know its not a true representation. Oh isnt it ridiculous!!

I'm dreading not having the scales there! As you say it's not a true representation but I feel like i need to know! Hopefully we manage to break the habit. I can't imagine getting on the scales at WI + not having some sort of idea of what to expect.

I am taking my scales home for Christmas ad leaving them there. I weight myself WAY too often , had a stomach bug the other day and after throwing up weighted myself :s , that's when I know we needed to break up ( the scales and I)

Well, back from weigh in. One pound off! So glad I didn't look, as it would probably look as though I stayed the same and would have depressed me.
On past diets I've weighed daily. So far with SW, I haven't weighed myself once. I'm really finding it beneficial. Weigh in as a surprise is actually working quite well for me. I'm not getting demotivated by thinking I've lost/gained several pounds a day. I'm not seeing gains midweek and thinking I need to starve for the rest of the week. I'm just sticking to plan and it's working. No gains so far... I really do recommend no sneak peaking. It doesn't tell you how you're doing and not knowing keeps me motivated to stick to plan till weigh in day

I'm not going to weigh myself at home this week. I did last week & mid week I'd lost 2 lbs & I was getting v excited that I might even get the 3 I needed for my stone. But then I weighed myself before class & it said I'd only lost 0.5 lb which was then confirmed at class. I was so disappointed & really disheartened. Maybe if I hadn't seen my mid week loss I wouldn't have been so upset. So I'm giving the batteries in my scales a break for a week anyway to see how I get on!

I used to daily weigh and found if I was going to lose weight it seemed to almost magically drop off over the first couple of days in the week, then the rest of the week i STS'd...

I go to class on a Wednesday, so if I weighed on friday, I might've got a lb or two, then think ohhh i can go for 3/4lbs!... but it never happens >_>

I weigh on my own scales in the same gear i wear, right before class. That way if I have to take a week off I can still weigh myself because I know the difference between SW and my own scales.. and it has the added bonus of knowing what i'm in for in class lol =P

That's exactly the same as me Hannata. In fact I had to double check that I hadn't written it myself! I also have weigh in on Wed & The weight falls off on Thurs & Fri & then I'm back up again by the time Wed comes around even though I find it easier to stick to the plan at weekends as I've more facilities as home than at work!

my scales kept telling me that I had stayed the same from last week, I go to weigh in and I have lost 3.5lbs it appears my scales are rather inaccurate :D

I'm sticking to not sneak peeking. It's illogical anyway, since what difference in fat do I think I'm going to see in 12 hours? Or even a few days, unless I'm starving. I think I'd be a basket case of worry if I had to watch myself go up and down several pounds throughout the week. Plus, sometimes I'm convinced I've done badly and when I get to weigh in, I get this awesome surprise of a good weight loss

Back