ProPoints No stopping me now... 4 stone needs to go!

Pumpkin*Patch

Hi everyone,

I am re-starting my journey to weightloss.. again! I say I have 4 stone to loose, but I will see how I feel along the way, in reality I may be happy with 3 stone, but I recon 4 is more like it. Going to take it stone by stone!!
I had lost 21lb since Christmas, however the scales yesterday morning informed me it is now 15lbs since Christmas and this means I really need to get my bum in gear and get back on the diet train. I have, like most people, tried soo many different diets, each one is always "THE ONE!!" which will get me to where I want to be, however, in reality its not the diet that will get me there, it is me. And so this time, something has to change.

And so here I am, setting up a shiny new diary, I welcome anyone who would like to follow me/ support me/ join me. I started WW pro-points yesterday, had a good day with fruit, veg and ready meals... and caramel wafers! - I live on my own and so I think the ready meals will feature heavily in my day to day menus, for ease, variation and money reasons. - But one thing is different... I joined the gym, and have my first class in a little over 2hrs... and I am really scared!!! - I am hardly a slinky size 10/12.. but it has to be done.

I will check back later with my meal choices for today... and will update on the gym session!!

Well, I have had a really positive day. So pleased I didn't chicken out of the class - was close to it!! - Got there, did about 9 lengths of the pool (25m) and then got on with the class. Ive not idea why I was worried about it.. no doubt it was the thought of the swimsuit lol!!
I have another class tomorrow and I also have my first "intro" to the gym equipment as well... this includes measurements and weight - blah!!

Food for today as follows

Breakfast:
Fresh fruit and yoghurt 1

Lunch:
Turkey sandwich - 2 slices of WW grained bread 4, Healthy living coleslaw 3, Sliced turkey breast 1, Tomatoes
40g Kelloggs special K sour cream and onion cracker crisps 4
Fresh mango

Evening meal:
Salmon fillet grilled 6, added to tesco healthy living salmon and broccoli pie 9 (lets be honest, there is never enough salmon in these things!), added peas 2, broccoli and carrots.
Tinned fruit (drained juice) and Hartley's cranberry and raspberry (low cal) jelly (can you believe there are no points in this??!!)

PP
30/32 (Daily)
0/49 (weekly)
Activity points earnt = 8

I have just got home from my second aqua fit class. Managed 12 lengths of the pool today. Not going to lie, am hurting a bit. I still have my gym assessment/ induction to attend later today.. boohoo. Haha. Tbh it wouldn't have taken alot for me to have cancelled my class today, but I am glad I didn't and am glad I went.. same sort of thing as yesterday so it was nice to not feel totally new to it - although did hear some ladies moaning about it becoming repetitive after the class, but it will suit me for a while.
I have to return to work next week so that will impact on my ability to go to classes, but at least I will be able to use the gym and still swim in the pool.. am feeling very positive.

Will update tonight following assessment/ induction along with my food for the day. Have a great day everyone!! :):):):):talk017:

Well, good job I never fooled myself thinking I was "quite fit"! - OMG I AM SO UNFIT!!!! Haha. So my induction didn't go so well, the lady I had the appt with was not there (always happens to me!), so one of the others quickly filled in my "profile" set me up with 3 bits of equipment with pre-set times and levels and he had to go as he had a personal trainer appt. Well, exercise bike was fine, did about 20mins all in with that. Tredmill was ok and I did power walking for about 15mins... but OMG, the cross trainer and I will never be friends... crikey, I never knew my legs could feel that pain haha - I didn't manage the target amount on there, I wont lie. But driving home I tried not to be too down about things, joining the gym is a big deal for me, being around people who are a hell of alot fitter, putting on a swimsuit and swimming in public is another big deal.. so you know what, even if I only manage 3 x per week in the gym for 25 mins each, that's more than I would do sitting at home!!
Tomorrow I have aqua zumba (!!) and Thursday evening I have aquafit again. I am going to try another 25 min gym session prob Thursday before aqua-fit. I then go back on Saturday for "proper" induction number 2 lol. I know this is going to work, I just have to stick with it!!

Food for today is basically the same as yesterday, minus the mango but 2 x WW caramel wafers. But hey, 14 activity points for me today woohoo!!! :talk017:

Breakfast:
Fresh fruit and yoghurt 1

Lunch:
Turkey sandwich - 2 slices of WW grained bread 4, Healthy living coleslaw 3, Sliced turkey breast 1, Tomatoes
40g Kelloggs special K sour cream and onion cracker crisps 4
2 x WW caramel wafers 5

Evening meal:
Salmon fillet grilled 6, added to tesco healthy living salmon and broccoli pie 9 (lets be honest, there is never enough salmon in these things!), added peas 2, broccoli and carrots.
Tinned fruit (drained juice) and Hartley's cranberry and raspberry (low cal) jelly (can you believe there are no points in this??!!)

PP
32/32 (Daily)
3/49 (weekly)
Activity points earnt = 14 (weekly total so far 22)

Not so sure what I will do with the activity points/ weekly points.. will have to have a think :)
xx

Last edited:
oooh well done on joining the gym! when I used to go I loved the cross trainer! it was the treadmill I didn't like haha! I'm sure you'll get used to it after a couple of goes! :) xx

oooh well done on joining the gym! when I used to go I loved the cross trainer! it was the treadmill I didn't like haha! I'm sure you'll get used to it after a couple of goes! :) xx

I sure hope so.. I didn't half hurt when I got up this morning lol. Going to give it another shot tomorrow before going back for induction #2 on Saturday - I shall make friends with the cross trainer :yuk: - Hope you are having a good day!! :) xx

Right, well I managed aqua zumba this morning and some swimming... I am hurting lol. I have to go to work tomorrow blahhh!!!!! So no more day-time classes for a while, as I am working next week too :( - I know this is normal for most people, and I promise I am not being a *princess* just supposed to be on uni AL and so one part of me wants my AL but the other part of me wants MONEY MONEY MONEY!!! Ha! - At least it will keep me away from my kitchen lol.. today's food as follows:

Breakfast:
Porridge 3
Yogurt 1

Lunch:
4 slices of WW granary bread 8
Turkey breast 2
Coleslaw 3
Toms, Lettuce and Cucumber.
Velvet crunch crisps 2

Dinner
Salmon and broccoli wedge melt WW 7
Salmon fillet 6
peas 2
broccoli, carrots and mushrooms

32/32
5/49
Activity points 8 (total this week: 30)

Tomorrow I have aqua fit in the evening, and i am going to attempt the gym again... cross trainer here I come!! xx

Hiya

Just just been catching up with your diary :). Wow arent you good doing the gym as well. Im waiting until I start uni as the gym is only £1 a week.

I do exercise in the form of walking miles and miles regularly with my daughter while we hunt for geocaches. This is a cheap way to exercise and have fun at same time.

My job at present means I walk a lot too, today is a 5 hour walk.

I was noticing that you have been counting your activity points. I know I have clocked up quite a few, but not sure what to do with them because im struggling to use all 32 points a day let alone weeklies lol.

All the aches and pains will be worth it when you have a toned body to show off :).

Fab food diary keep up the good work x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

When I started this diary the intention was to complete it everyday! :mad: !! - Work ended up being very long days and yesterday was taken over with Gym, sleep and catch ups with people.. tut.

So starting afresh with my logging today. I have used my online tracker and can confirm I have stayed within my points the past 3 days and on Thursday went to Aqua-fit and did some swimming. Yesterday I went to the gym for another induction and am so pleased to say I completed everything that was set for me (cross trainer was sacked off for the rowing machine!!) - I felt really supported by the staff, the lady spent the whole hours/ hour and a bit with me, so I had some questions answered about how often I should go etc. My next induction is next Saturday which will include resistance being added in... eeeek! But woohoo.

I weighed myself this morning, as Sunday is my weigh day, and I have lost 3lb this week, which I am really pleased about. I have heard before that weightloss is not always that great when starting to exercise, so I am very happy with what I have achieved this week in terms of diet/ exercise and determination.
Plan for today is rest, drink lots of water, do some jobs.. chill out!! A full working week next week :(

Will update tonight with food diary xx

Last edited:
Back