NO way i would do CDC now

Come to think of it, I bet the inventor of Furbys had a gonk when he was a kid??!!:rolleyes:

:D Yeah, that's what my gonk looked like!! Mine was covered in purple hair :)

Wasn't coveted though :(:D It was in the 60's. Goodness knows where parents bought it:eek:

Wish I had my kiddie photos, as I know I have one taken on a Christmas day, holding the darn thing up. Could have posted it :D

I think it was me who asked what's the diff between a troll and a gonk...but i missed the answer!

Trolls? Playschool?

Anyone else feeling impossibly old? :cry::cry:

:D

Yep...especially playschool as it was 'after' my time. I used to watch it when I was babysitting :D

Here's the house
Here's the door
Windows...one...two, three, four
Ready to knock
Turn the lock
It's playschool :D

Oh what a memory :D

Thank the lord i grew up in the 80s and 90s.

Weirdos!!!

I think it was me who asked what's the diff between a troll and a gonk...but i missed the answer!

Ahhh, but I first mentioned the word Gonk :D (I think anyway):p :D

I loved playschool! Used to wish Brian Cant was my dad! I saw him in a play about a month ago, he's my hero!!!

Bit of info below, so now you know!!

The History of the Gonk
The first thing that has to be made clear is - the accompanying illustrations are not gonks.
Gonks were first "created" (unofficially) during the First World War when the flow of teddy bears from Germany was halted. Other factories across Europe had to start producing soft toys. Because of the material shortages, the toys had to significantly simplify their designs. The Second World War again brought soft toy production to a standstill - many factories never reopened. To keep the children's spirits high throughout the two wars, women at home made gonks from stuffing socks with rags and then sewing on button-eyes and material flaps for arms and legs.

:D

We should all change our usernames to Gonk

oooo I had one like that with the big ears but its fur was all yummy and pink!!!

Gxx

I remember Gonks, given as prizes at the travelling funfair like Greenockgal said. They were just a big, ugly cylindrical things with wonky googly eyes and were covered in nasty weird coloured fur .... hang on a minute - I've just decribed my ex-husband!! OMG I was married to a gonk for 10 years!!!!! :eek:

OMG Russian, you are sooo funny!!!

I'm not having any luck finding a pic of it, I think it must have been a West of Scotland thing - probably a by product of Faslane or somewhere!! A bit like Clabby Doos (sp?!)

Anyhoo, I just found another childhood favourite of mine - :D

- faaaab!!!

Back