No weight loss this week.. how??

Myaevesmummy

Hi all, this is my first post, and not a great one either! I have recently lost a stone, some weeks have been quite big losses and other weeks a lb or two. As it's nearing summer, I decided to step it up a gear and get as much physical activity in my week as possible and count as many calories as possible. Last week went very well and I lost 6lbs! So on the back of that success I did zumba 4 times this week, walked miles and did 20 mins here and there on the treadmill whilst counting calories... I weighed myself today and have lost no weight, stayed the same!! 12 stone 13lbs... What have I done wrong? My fitness levels have greatly improved, does this mean I'm going to have to work harder? Even to have lost a 1lb would have been lovely!! :( xx

a lot of the time fat turns to muscle which can be heavier than fat,i found this out myself once, i stopped exercising as much i started losing more weight.might not be for everyone but it did for me

Hi, if you are not used to doing exercise it should just be water retention. your body will hold on to water to try and repair muscle. if you keep at it you should start seeing a difference! Good Luck x

Thankyou for the quick replies :) I really enjoy zumba and being more active so think I will stick to the exercise for the next few weeks and see what the results are and change my regime if necessary ! Xx

Are you getting trimmer? Because that's usually the aim for most of us I think, if you feel that you look better, the numbers aren't as important. As others have said, it's likely to be either creation of stronger muscles or water retention for the purposes of creating stronger muscles. Congratulations on your weight loss so far, it's a great achievement already :)

Back