No weight loss

I'm on my way

Hi everyone,
I was hoping you could offer some help, I did 5 days of attack losing 6lbs (very happy!) moved on to cruise and have done 1:1 I put 1lb back on when moving from attack to cruise, which took 5 days to come back off, and that is all, so after 5 attack and now 8 days of cruise my loss is still 6lbs. I will post sample pp/pv menus below, if anyone can suggest any improvements I'd be grateful!

Typical pp
B galette with ff natural yog
L chicken breast or lean ham with a little cottage cheese
D Dukan turkey burgers or steak

Typical pv
B galette with ff natural yog
L chicken/ham/tuna salad
D white fish/lean mince with veg

I am drinking 1.5-2l water plus tea with skimmed milk every day.

Many Thanks

I had exactly the same problem. I cut out salt. And made sure I wasn't having any homemade ketchup on PP days. And the next day I'd lost 1.8lb. I usually drink 3L+ of liquids but always have. :) salt is my downfall. Have cut it out now though

Your menus look good to me - sometimes the weight just stalls for a while after attack and going into cruise and can slow or stop. Are you feeling great eating the Dukan way??? When I stall I try to remember how much better and healthier I feel eating this way and that it isn't a race and when you might not be losing pounds clothes might feel looser instead. Cutting salt is a good tip - avoid ham for a bit or soy. But for me what you are eating looks good. Increasing pure protein often works too or a couple of extra PP days. Also weigh once a week after a PP day as your body may be one that retains water after a PV day.

Thanks for your replies, I do feel less bloated and my clothes are fitting better. I feel that if I could just lose 1lb the rest will follow! I don't mind eating like this, it's just difficult fitting pp days into family meals. I don't find it difficult as such. I will persevere it must come off at some point.
Thank-you

I can't find anything specific either (again I'd say to lose the ham, check cottage cheese is lowest fat available). Which yoghurts are you having? I'd recommend you post detailed menus henceforth noting everything passing your lips (recipes used, drinks etc). We'll find the problem, if there is one... ;)

Welcome

Now we have addressed the salt, but what about: are you eating ENOUGH? What are your portion sizes? You need to eat a fair bit of protein, ideally not of the 'packaged ham/chicken slices' variety either. You saying 'With a little cottage cheese' is what made me think of that. You are supposed to eat a certain amount of pure protein according to your current bodyweight but I can't remember what it was - 2g per kilo? Maintainer or Atropos should be able to fill my gap here - it's also somewhere in the FAQs

As for salt: I had some smoked salmon yesterday, and probably not enough to drink either, and wham: scales today read one pound up despite a PP day.

Thank you, I will bear the salt/ ham in mind. I have at long last dropped a lb today so as it is a pv day hope it doesn't go back on by tomorrow!
My dairy isn't excessive and cottage cheese is virtually fat free! I am hoping I have worked through my plateau now and the loses will quicken up. The web site said 73 days of cruise at my current rate that would be 140 days which is a big difference.
Many thanks for your comments thus far.

You are supposed to eat a certain amount of pure protein according to your current bodyweight but I can't remember what it was - 2g per kilo? Maintainer or Atropos should be able to fill my gap here - it's also somewhere in the FAQs

As for salt: I had some smoked salmon yesterday, and probably not enough to drink either, and wham: scales today read one pound up despite a PP day.

It's 1.5g protein per kilo you weigh, MINIMUM... as for smoked salmon, I have the exact same issue so now keep it for lunch rather than dinner ;)

It's 1.5g protein per kilo you weigh, MINIMUM... as for smoked salmon, I have the exact same issue so now keep it for lunch rather than dinner ;)

Is that all? I currectly weigh 12st which is @76.5Kg times 1.5g = @115g protein. That doesnt sound very much, its only just over 4 oz, I am definatly eating a lot more than this, infact more than this at each lunch and dinner. Unless Ive got my maths wrong?
I'm ok as far as smoked salmon goes, I dont like it. Will keep any ham to lunch times.

Thank-you

That's PURE protein - you may have to look these up to make sure but for example a chicken breast might weigh 4oz but it's not 4oz of protein. Not even eggs are 100%.

A quick google revealed:
Chicken breast, 3.5 oz - 30 grams protein
Tuna, 6 oz can - 40 grams of protein
Egg, large - 6 grams protein
Most cuts of beef – 7 grams of protein per ounce

Arh! That's a different calculation altogether! A quick look at myfitness pal app reveals that my protein is under the 115g per day, generally being between 90-108g.
Thanks for spelling that out, I will pay more attention to that from now!

Hi All,
Just wanted to report back, weight loss has kicked in! Still yo-yoing but the odd up is after a pv day. A further 2 lb down by this morning.
Much Respect to everyone! xx

Great stuff, well done for sticking with it. It definately works, sometimes slower for some people. Are you doing your exercise? I don't because I work with horses and think I move around enough!!! But if you have a sedentary lifestyle I think it is an important part of the plan. x

Back