Nom Nom Nom Yummy Shake

Toffee & Walnut is the work of the devil himself!!!! VILE! Almost as bad as choc orange which has to be the very worst. Like all the other shakes, though. Don't get me started on the soups....retchable!

If you really want to pimp it up lol - whizz a peanut bar into crumbs - if you don't have a food processor then just chop it up a bit and zap in the microwave for a few seconds so you can squash it down a bit. Divide between two dishes.

Make a mix-a-mousse out of half a toffee & walnut and half a banana shake. Pour on top of the peanut bar crumbs, dividing evenly between the two dishes, and let it set. You can almost pretend it's banoffee pie...

Another nice variation is to make the mousse out of half a choc shake and half a vanilla shake, mixed with the peanut bar it's almost ferrero rocher-y.

Obviously this makes two servings - my CDC said it's ok to mix the mousse in advance (don't leave it for days though lol) - the 15min rule is only because the shakes/soups change texture/separate rather than lose vitamins, but you don't get that problem with the mousse.

That sounds lovely, but what is mix-a-mousse? Ive seen it mentioned a couple of times on here...??:confused:

i totally agree with you about toffee and walnut being disgusting! i thought it would be really good, so i saved it for supper yesterday and it was the most disgusting thing i have ever drank! ewwww.
i have to have another one as well, i may just get it over with today!

my CDC recommends freezing a shake to have as ice-cream. Have any of you done this? whats it like? x

Ooo i havent heard about freezing the shakes...do you mean the tetra briks? I plan to freeze those overnight and then let it thaw for 30-60mins and eat, its supposed to be just like ice cream :)

ice cream!!!! :D Sounds a fab idea to me, let us know how you rate them I'm getting some tetras tomorrow so might give it a try over the weekend it could be one for the DVD evenings :p

I dont know about the tetra bricks, but she told me to mix up the normal sachets and use them?
I'll try it tomorrow co i'm getting ready to go to work now. Working nights sucks when its cold! :23::23::23:

I bet it does, its freezing out there - make sure you have plenty of layers to keep you warm (listen to me sound like someones gran)!! :8855:

Keep me posted on the ice shakes

Have a good night at work x

hey everyone,

was just wondering about the mix-a-mousse, is it any good? when can you start having that?

I think the only problem with trying to freeze the sachet shakes made up is that they start to separate after 15-20mins

That sounds lovely, but what is mix-a-mousse? Ive seen it mentioned a couple of times on here...??:confused:

Mix a mousse is powdered gelatine, it comes in the same size tub as the water flavourings and you can whizz it up with a sachet to make...mousse! Adds around 20 calories. If you use normal gelatine from the supermarket it's cheaper but you have to faff around with it before you can use it.

As for sachets as ice cream I don't know about making them up then freezing them, I think the texture would be all wrong, however you can use a blender to whizz the sachet with around 12 ice cubes and a bit of water and you get a soft "ice cream" - I live on the choc mint version of this.

Check out this link to loads more recipes:

http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/6012-unofficial-recipes-food-packs.html

I've taken it from the Lighter Life forum as the one on our own forum is a little out of date (says you can add salt or tabasco to things when you can't any more) - however it actually relates to mainly the Cambridge packs/flavours anyway.

Back