Nom!

cheekychinchilla

Gold Member
Has anyone tried Nom yoghurt?? They've started selling them in Morrison's now-they're fat free and are actually rather nice. A teeny bit watery, but they have actual fruit in and they're veggie .... and they're 5 for £1 at the moment :D

I haven't, but mostly for the reason that they aren't syn free - Senga Strawberry/Morello Cherry/Alphonso Mango flavours are 2 syns and the Vanilla one is 1.5 syns.

Just goes to show that fat free doesn't equal syn free!

If you've got a Sainsbury's nearby, I'd recommend their 0.1% fat yogurts - real fruit, very creamy and 3 for £1 (and veggie friendly too). Have a look on the Syn Values forum too - there's now a sticky about syn-free yogurts if you want some suggestions!

Please check the syn free yoghurt list in the syns thread above, I think you'll find that the Sainsbury yoghurts are not syn free either.

I keep the syn free yoghurt list updated, so it is well worth a look.

All varieties of Nom yogs are 3 syns per pot. I found this by searching Naturally Light under Nom Dairy online. This was after eating at least one a day for a week. Lesson learned!

Donnie,

I'm confused - checked online again this afternoon about the Sainsbury's yogurts - they're still free. Do you know something I don't?! Hoping the website is not out of date - if it is, I don't know what to go by!

Hope you can help...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sainsbury's Light 0.1% Fat Peach & Apricot Probiotic Yogurt 100g[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sainsbury's Light 0.1% Fat Strawberry Probiotic Yogurt 100g[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sainsbury's Light 0.1% Fat Vanilla Probiotic Yogurt 100g[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

All varieties of Nom yogs are 3 syns per pot. I found this by searching Naturally Light under Nom Dairy online. This was after eating at least one a day for a week. Lesson learned!

Think the values have been updated again - this is what is online (checked 1615 UK local time on 29/11/09).

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nom Naturally Light Yogurts, Senga Strawberry/Morello Cherry/Alphonso Mango 180g pot[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
extraeasy.gif
2 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 2 Syns
green.gif
Green 2 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nom Naturally Light Yogurts, Bourbon Vanilla 180g pot[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
extraeasy.gif
1½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 1½ Syns
green.gif
Green 1½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Thanks for the update Paperclip, I thought the Nom yoghurts were free. I save up most of my syns for red wine, so better give the rest of the Nom yoghurts to my OH. Oops!

ok i may be new to slimming world but surely 3 syns isnt that bad dont we have an allowance of around 10-15 per day?? ....dont shoot me down im still new here!

Personally I would agree with you but there is a school of thought that says why waste 3 syns on a yoghurt when I could use the syns on chocolate/alcohol/biscuit etc or basically something that can't be had for free. :)

Back