nomoremuffintop's diary

quick question.

i had a soup tonight with tabasco souce in it (i remember being allowed it before but cant remember if it was CD LT or LL that i was doing at the time) now im scared that iv messed up? does anyone else use pepper or chilli or tabasco?
what with yesterdays pepper fiasco i think im calling it 'seasoning gate' haha x

i dont think i can manage the flapjacks and soups as they play on my mind i feel guilty after i have one like iv eaten something i shouldnt have. i enjoy the flapjacks though and i could eat them even when not on LT (strange me?) and the savoury taste is really messing with my cravings :( making me want to eat ...

back to just shakes from tomorrow i think. huff!

on a positive note -

my husband has just told me that if im at goal and happy he is going to throw me a party for my 30th in london at the local we use when staying with his parents. it will be so cool to invite loads of friends that have no idea that im on LT and see their faces when they see me at 10 stone for the 1st time EVER!
he also told me that his little brother is having a fancy dress 21st bday party in october! iv never been to a fancy dress party before :) god knows what ill go as?
im so determined now that i have something else to work towards.

i needed this. yay!

hope all is well for everyone tonight xx

Last edited:
I have just sat down for the 1st time since I got out of bed, have not had any shakes or water yet :( had to go town to get some bits so now that's done I can chill out for a bit with a big iced latte :) hope every one is having a hood day x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hey you,

I have no idea about the Tobasco, so will let someone else answer that! :yuk: Great news about all the parties, for the fancy dress outfit - because you'll be so skinny - you should hire a fat suit and go as Bubbles from Little Britain pmsl!

I hope the attachment works, I've never done this before!

Get some water down you and put your feet up!! xx

Attachments

• bubbles.jpg
    bubbles.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 31
hey you,

I have no idea about the Tobasco, so will let someone else answer that! :yuk: Great news about all the parties, for the fancy dress outfit - because you'll be so skinny - you should hire a fat suit and go as Bubbles from Little Britain pmsl!

I hope the attachment works, I've never done this before!

Get some water down you and put your feet up!! xx

oh wow that is so funny haha i think its a wicked idea! might have that on top and a sexy one underneath for the big reveal haha brilliant!

hows you today?

iv just had my 1.4litre of freezing cold coffee\vanilla and now im so cold..........
hubby is home this afternoon and has gone up to bed for a nap, if the baby goes sleep soon i think ill join him to keep warm ;) my hands are frozen almost stiff and i have a jumper and heating on! i dont like the cold part of LT :cool: im normally such a hot person.
iv been taking 2 hot water bottles to bed. James does laugh at me :8855:when i have my pj's dressing gown and socks on when i go to sleep! i normally sleep naked so its a bit extreme :confused:

im so proud of myself since i started LT my kids have proper home cooked meals every day cooked from scratch instead of quick dinners or takeaways its great and my 4yr old has started eating salad and veg which i used to have tears over every time i tried so i gave up and gave him what he wanted but now he has them on his plate every day so he eats them :) this week they have had chicken pasta salad, spag bol. chicken salad wraps. tonight its lasagne and salad. and yesterday james made cottage pie with grated carrots, sliced mushrooms and sweetcorn in it and they loved it so theres another new dish that james can cook them. he has been really good with dinner time and he makes sure we all sit together to have dinner time which i love as normally id do kids a quick dinner and once they go to bed we would get a takeaway so its been great all round for my family.

iv lost a lb since weigh in on wednesday so thats down 2stone in 3.2 weeks.
fingers crossed i can lose the 4lb i was hoping for this week so that i can get into the 15's within my 1st month and ill be such a happy happy bunny :D

just the look of the scales going into lower numbers is so encouraging.
17's
16's
15's

:bliss:

Hehe!

Can't say I've felt especially cold on LT - no more than usual, even got the windows open today to get a bit of fresh air in here. Watching the cat like a hawk, cos he nearly lost all of his 9 lives when he was a kitten climbing out the open 2nd floor window, I've constructed a sort of net window guard for one window and it seems to do the trick but I would never leave him unattended with it... the crazy fool lol! No wonder you're feeling cold though, you've lost 2 stone of your insulation!! :D

Great about the boys getting home made food, just think of all the proper good nutrition they're getting! When I'm off I've been making my hubby some proper food, made a fish pie yesterday - would never make that normally especially not with mussels and calamari :yuk: tonight he's getting a sort of chinese pork & noodles which I'll start making about 4pm - using up stuff from the freezer before he starts LT (hopefully next week) he generally won't eat fruit or veg but managed to squeeze a few peas & corn into the fish pie yesterday and made some fruit jelly for him hehe its like having a kid sometimes :D

Are you doing any extra exercise? I have to honestly say I feel really week some days and can't face it but have been doing a little bit with weights and sit ups every night before bed. When I got out of bed yesterday I had a bit of a blackout, like when you stand up too quickly but worse. I try to take it easy when I feel like that but I will have to start doing some form of aerobic exercise because I want to minimise the excess skin. I've resigned myself to the fact that I will most likely have some of it, especially with losing weight so quickly so anything I can do to minimise, the better.

How's your dad doing?

xx

No I have planned on riding my bike every day this week but it's too cold in the evening so iv promised to take my eldest out for a ride tomorrow for some 'us' time x other than that I have not done any exercise at all but I am going back to the gym at some point so I'll be swimming every other day at least as I don't feel confident enough to use the gym again just yet x

I can't believe how quickly time is going now! It felt like yesterday that I was saying I couldn't wait to get to day 20 and now I'm thinking tomorrow is day 25 already :)

Hi There,

Wow what an amazing weight loss you have in just 25 days. Big inspiration to me. :)

Im only on day 1 and was planning on doing LT for a month (i will do longer if i can hack it) and would initially like to lose 3.5 stone, i set myself a 6 month target so wasnt planning on losing it all on LT. Based on your stats though if im good i could lose the best part of this within the month. This has made my day and Im starting to get my motivation back...it started slipping this afternoon!

Well done and keep up this amazing work. :eek:

I hope it's as you say and time starts to pass fast, todays been a long day for me!

TTFN

JB xxx

Hiya jellybelly

I can't believe how the lbs are dropping off but I'm sure it will slow down for me soon.
The average loss is around half a stone in 1st week but some of us manage around a stone after that it's normal to lose about 3lb but some lose a bit more or a bit less so it is possible for some people to shift a lot in the beginning but we are all different so please don't be expecting to lose too much as if you dont lose what you wanted you may be disappointed which will make you lose track of what you are doing this for. And we dont want that! You can lose slot of weight quickly on LT any loss is better than a gain and even at 3 lb a week its still a stone every month :)
Please remember that it's not easy but it's not forever and it's so worth it :)

Just smile and take it a day at a time and hopefully like me the days will start to pass quicker xx

Yh defo need take it a day at time...although its good to have a bit of a plan in mind...i always need to know my direction! :)

Im going to have a pamper in a bit then an early night. Glad day 1 is done...bring on day 2!

JB xxxx

You are doing so well:D

Your new photo looks good too.

Even though I'm struggling at the mo, you help to keep me motivated. Your making it look so easy, though I know how hard this way of eating really is.;)

In 3 weeks you've had amazing results.

Keep doing what your doing!

Good morning everyone

Thanks to all who sent messages about my dad and those who asked how his op went and it went ok hopefully the problem was all removed and he will be able to get better x

I need to drink more today as I didn't manage my last shake last night as I fell asleep watching eastenders and now I feel a bit yuk today I think lots of water and a hot bath is on the cards for today and not much else :)

Kids asked for home made fish and chips for todays dinner and toad in the hole for tomorrow......I miss my weekend meals and sitting watching tv on sat night with munchies but it's getting easier each weekend and the fact that iv lost almost 30lb is what I focus on when I look at food and 'think' it looks nice.

I'm going to be around alot today so hopefully it will be busy on the forum and I'll have loads to read to keep me busy x

Attachments

• image-574845226.png
    image-574845226.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 133
You are doing so well:D

Your new photo looks good too.

Even though I'm struggling at the mo, you help to keep me motivated. Your making it look so easy, though I know how hard this way of eating really is.;)

In 3 weeks you've had amazing results.

Keep doing what your doing!

thank you DenDen im chuffed with my losses and im sorry you are struggling, what are you finding hardest? i hate not being able to join in with my family and my kids when they are having meals but its not forever :)
try to stick with it hun, i struggled too in the 2nd week i was such a state but every night that i went to bed after being 100% i had this over whelming feeling of pride that i controlled myself.
dont get me wrong i dont mean to make out it is easy! i think if i wrote on here everything i hated about this diet id have talked myself out of doing in and be off it in the 1st week. i wrote down my goals and re evaluate them all the time i also knew the pro's and con's before i started this time so theres not much point keep moaning as i knew what it was all about and that its got to be done 100% or not at all (for me anyhow) i have to think positive and just push through each day hoping that i do my best just like everyone else.
i love to hear how everyone else is getting on and i never judge people, im such an open person too so im easy to talk to......feel free to chat to me at any time :)

Just tried a mocha for the 1st time it was yummy I had it cold and can't believe I waited until the 4th week to try coffee in a choc shake? Anyway hubby will be home late tonight so I'm doing kids fish and chips which smells nice and I so could.... But I won't lol ( that's why I have had shake already to fill me up) iv put PM tea in a big jug to make my mint choc shake with later while hubby has his dinner.

Iv only lost 1lb this wk so far so probability of making the 4 lb I was going for is slim but a girl can only try :)

I called the gym today to book in for Zumba 7th feb and they had cancelled our memberships as we have not been since October which I think is just silly! But I'm to call back when the manager is in tomorrow after noon to complain :/

Water is going well today without the extra in shakes iv already managed to sip through 2.8 litre, I can't drink too much water if I drink it slowly can I? Can I get bloated or retain water if I drink too much oh and lt say it's good the have a glass before and after a shake but some day that diluted the shake? Don't think I could possibly dilute them any more than I already do lol x feeling reflective today so please feel free to join in :D

Last edited:
Ended up going to see my dad in hospital tonight and James had a kebab so I'm glad I wasn't here :) I had chicken soup when I got home because I really needed warming up - I added tabasco again - oops!
I don't know if that's why I'm not loosing any weight this week but A bit of pepper souce can't be major big problem could it?
Oh well I'm going to bed soon as sky is having a technical problem with BBC 1 so I can't watch casualty. Huff.
Really need to pull it together and stop Craving savoury food because the only thing iv done different this week is eating the flapjacks Wednesday and Thursday and then soups with pepper and Tabasco in yesterday and today so if I don't lose more than 2lb this wk I'll be so mad at myself. I miss savoury so much that when i was pouring dry roasted peanuts into my son ole's hand earlier and they smelt sooo nice I had to inhale the smell and I normally hate dry roasted nuts smell it's mental what happens to our brains during TFR x

Last edited:
sunday - my hardest day of the week!! :( (i will mention food)

1st of all.....

Good morning
im feeling blergh!
hope everyone else is having a fab sunday :)

Rant alert!!!
Please do not read if offended by the mention of food!!!

Sundays are so hard for me :sigh:

i managed to get a lay in until 9am but the day is dragging on so much its killing me already.

the kids have had a brunch feast of cereal bars, sausage wraps, crumpets with phillidelphia on, peanut butter and jam sandwiches and jam on toast with a side of peanuts and cucumber!
not all together mind, thats the 4 of them having diffeent things each!

:drool: the silly thing is i am not hungry i just want to join them :(

TOTM is aproaching iv broken out in boil type lumps under my skin on my face and i feel generally rough. can anyone that reads this let me know if they normally dont lose when its TOTM or how much they normally lose when its TOTM so that i can get a rough idea? (i know we are all different)

i have not lost any weight since friday (only -1lb since wednesday weigh in)

what can i do to shift another 1lb?

im trying to drink more but hasnt made any difference at all. i WILL NOT have a soup today so then i cant be tempted to add pepper to as i also think that the tabasco has somehow done something to my ketosis?

i am not going to the loo 'properly' which i think is a shock to my system as iv never been constipated EVER. i think this is due to the flapjacks (i had 1 wed and one fri) my dad should have some senna or dulcolax stuff can i take that? ill go to his and raid his meds cabinet.

what else can i moan about?

oh yeh im making sausage toad for dinner today :badmood:and my nans funeral is tomorrow which is going to be hard at the wake.

i would just like to join in with my family.
a nice rum and coke and some sweet chilli dip with spring rolls is going to be the hardest things to resist but i will stay 100%.

iv proved that i can.
but still hard to do :rolleyes:

:tear_drop:

RANT OVER!

i will now say sorry to anyone that is offended by my ranting or mention of food which i know i do a lot! but it really does help me.

Ooh I love a rant, I love reading your stuff nmmt, (I almost called you muff then, how wrong)! :p anyway I find you inspirational and focused, it helps me focus and persevere!

Anywho hope your Sunday has gotten better and your doing well!

aww hunny, if its any consolation I'm having a toughie too. Having mixed emotions today & feel like giving up all the time promising that I'll eat properly (highly doubt I will!) I just want to join in too! Have had to make a fry up and 2 roasts today and my 2nd service user invited me to join him, those roast potatoes were looking amazing, I could have easily sunk my teeth in! I didn't :sigh:

re: totm... I happily don't get them due to my pill (Cerazette) but have also noticed boil type lumps appearing on my face, well wouldn't g to the extreme of calling them boils but more like big spots under the skin which haven't got any form of a head to squeeze :yuk: lol

I had a dream last night where I "cheated" and I was so peed off with myself when I woke up and so little relieved when I realised it was a dream, had to snooze the alarm clock a few times this morning and generally feel blah so I am putting it all down to tiredness!

Hope you are feeling a bit better now, you're doing so well and maybe you won't lose as much this week but that is the time when you need to realise how well you've done so far, average out your losses and be proud of your amazing achievement! xx

PS hope tomorrow goes OK xx

The kids dinner looked amazing and i cooked the best fluffy crunchy roasts EVER! But I sat and slurped chicken soup like a good girl ( was planning on rlt / strawberry shake but rlt was still warm and had no ice) and thank god I resisted the urge to put Tabasco or pepper in the soup wasn't nice but it's done now xxx I think the loo problem may have resolved itself so hoping for some movement on the scales tomorrow morning .... I was very tempted to give myself the day off tomorrow for the funeral if I don't have a loss in the morning but now I'm thinking that's silly and a waste of everything iv done so far x

Well done Paula I'm very proud of you for all the hard work you have done this weekend you don't make a big deal out of it and I kind of feel a bit mean to keep moaning about silly things so sorry and thanks for putting up with me :)

I'm going to bath the kids and put them to bed them I have ironing to do for the funeral. My dad won't be home from hospital so I'm going to stay with my mum as much ad I can tomorrow but I know it'd going to be so hard not to eat and drink but I'll just have to grin and bear it .... Just want to be into week 5 now x

XxxX

Quick pop in to update . It's totm for me today and scales have still not budged at all I'm waiting for my bro to arrive and jump start our car and then off to the funeral :( could so easy just give up right now xxx hope you all have a great day xxx

Back