non-alcoholic wedding

I feel your pain with regards to 1 family member making you worry about your wedding. We definitely had cobcerns about my mother being in the same room as some of my family though this was more to do with long standing feuds than booze.

Our solution was to go abroad - not quite eloping but far less people to worry about. My mother behaved, and all other family member were politely reminded that i would cause them serious harm if they ruined it for me. Everyone behaved, despite an all inclusive bar.

Its your wedding - be selfish about it!! If you don't want booze, don't have it. I think its a real shame you have to go to such lengths, but definitely get why.

I don't really see the problem to be honest, it's just alcohol. I think I'd be worried if I felt I needed to sneak booze into a wedding to have a good time! I don't think there's a way that you could know whether or not someone in their family has/had a drinking problem, there are plenty of people who don't know about my mental health issues.

They've requested no alcohol, I think you should just respect their wishes & get over it!

I have to admit that I am really confused by all this. I can't see what the problem is. You can have fun, celebrations, a laugh, without alcohol.

And if I was going to an occasion where I knew that the people had issued the invitation had specified that there would be no alcohol - for whatever reason - I wouldn't dream of taking some along anyway. It would be so disrespectful.
I tend to agree, though it does seem a little "out of the norm"

As for sneaking in drink - reminds me of the days as a travelling football fan with alcohol bans on the coaches. Smirnoff-laced diet coke bottles anybody?

Guess that's me outed as a hypocrite then lol.

Mind you, in my drinking days I'd have probably boycotted the wedding:eek:

It ended up being a non alcoholic, non caffeine wedding which I was super surprised about I didn't think they were that strict . No coke, no coffee, caffeine free tea, each to their own, and it was a lovely wedding really pretty.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using MiniMins

One thing that only occurred to me reading through all this, was the wedding venue actually licenced? It could've been something as simple as that!

Am glad you enjoyed it though!

It was defo licensed, there was a fully stocked bar, but the staff had been instructed to only serve non alcoholic drinks

It ended up being a non alcoholic, non caffeine wedding which I was super surprised about I didn't think they were that strict . No coke, no coffee, caffeine free tea, each to their own, and it was a lovely wedding really pretty.

Did you enjoy yourself & what was the band like?

It was really good, I didn't dance myself but there were a few others dancing. It was fun to watch lol

I went to a wedding where the reception was high tea, scones. tea, sanwiches and cake. There was a bar in the evening. There was a queue though, and it wasn't the main part of the wedding. The bride's father is known to drink more than a few too many, and as well as cutting costs, it kept him off the drink a bit longer. It was lovely. It was also a band, well 3, insterad of a disco. There were also live woreship singers in the church. It was like a dry G;lastonury. It was lovely!

Back