Noooo It's happening again

T

Treacle

Just like last year when I did CD, I got really badly constipated and was in agony. I'm on day 5 of SS now and have religously drunk 3 litres of water with 2 x Fibresure tablets 3 times a day for the past 2 days but I haven't been. Even off plan I drink a lot of water anyway so I don't think drinking anymore will help me as my body's used to it.

If it carries on until tomorrow I'm going to have to stop the diet and I'm doing so well too, weighed myself this morning and have lost 6.5 lbs.

Please any advice or ideas how I can 'go'. Should I maybe have something off the 810 meal choices and see if that helps? :(

Thanks

x

Hi Treacle,
I had the same problem as you 2 years ago and had to stop it too.
This time I have found something that helped me, hopefully it will work for you too.
I know you said you drink alot of water normally but what I do when I have problems is drink 2-3 litres of water within an hour. It seems to be that push that my body needs.
I had posted this elsewhere but you maybe missed it.
I really hope this helps, as I know how much agony it can be.

If that doesnt work, take some ducolax, it will get you sorted by the morning!

Okay will go off and down some water now and see if that works. I feel okay at the moment, but am terrified of letting it get bad again like last year, I was in so much pain and my mum would go made as she was the one I had to call in tears because I couldn't look after the children as I was in agony.

I have Califigs and Lactulose, would either of them be okay (I presume not though as they're v sweet.)

TBH Treacle I would just do whatever you can to get things moving. You can always get back on the diet again.
Hope everything goes ok. :)

I have always suffered with constipation before this diet. Last year I did Lighterlife but took Lactulose when I needed to because it didnt give me tummy ache like senokot etc and although its sweet its only occasionally (once a week) but it will get things moving.

:)

Hi Treacle,
I had the same problem as you 2 years ago and had to stop it too.
This time I have found something that helped me, hopefully it will work for you too.
I know you said you drink alot of water normally but what I do when I have problems is drink 2-3 litres of water within an hour. It seems to be that push that my body needs.
I had posted this elsewhere but you maybe missed it.
I really hope this helps, as I know how much agony it can be.

This advice could be potentially dangerous. Drinking large amounts of water in a short time can give the symptoms of water poisoning. You would effectively rapidly decrease vital salts and minerals.

Please consider going to a pharmacy or your GP to resolve your bowel problems with an aperient bowel preperation such as senna/senna max. Your GP could also prescribe Movicol for you.

This advice could be potentially dangerous. Drinking large amounts of water in a short time can give the symptoms of water poisoning. You would effectively rapidly decrease vital salts and minerals.

Please consider going to a pharmacy or your GP to resolve your bowel problems with an aperient bowel preperation such as senna/senna max. Your GP could also prescribe Movicol for you.
Hi Spooky,
This information came from Mike aka Icemoose. 2-3 litres within an hour won't cause water poisoning. I ran this past my GP and he confirmed this. However, I would not recommend drinking anymore than this.

If you re read what I wrote I said it is potentially dangerous. I have found nowhere in the CD literature where it says large amounts of water consumed quickly will resolve bowel problems.

It is not the answer to constipation. Try Duculax from the Pharmacy. The drinking of so much water in a very short space of time can be harmful it is not only diluting the essential minerals and salts in the body but it can cause the kidneys to have to work harder and can lead to other problems.

Please be sensible and try a mild laxative before bed and you will move in the morning.

drink more water and do some sit ups. this combination works for me every time. :D

I've been told by the doctor not to exceed so many pints of water in short times - especially when i got ultra constipated on CD. It actually made me really really ill - was passing out and all sorts.

I took fibre 89 twice a day and that prevented constipation, but when you are constipated you have to clear it all out. It's good to go for a stool softner too as a subborn hard bit can block things up and thats when BIG ISSUES begin.

Good luck xxx

i take senakot if i desperately need it. but since after having really bad constipation twice i have been takin PH tabs daily and no more probs!

Well I've drunk another litre of water and have had my dosage of the fibersure (which are p husks) but nothing. I think I'm going to have to stop CD, I can't go through that again, it's not worth my health. I'm gutted :(

What do I do now, what do eat?

x

I've been!! :) ;)

Found an old CD bar last night and had thatalong with a tiny bit of ham and cheese instead of a shake and lots of water and it seems to have the desired affect. Do the bars act as a bit of laxative?

Thanks for your advice.

x

ive got some dulcoease now thanks for the advise

Oh Sweetie - I am glad you finally got things sorted.

I had a bad bout after my first aam week last year - I never knew it could be that bad :eek:.

Glad you are ok now :)

I've had 2 bars neither have and any lax effects, in fact the opposite, although I have heard people say having more than one a day can send you to the loo big time but maybe not the ones toffee / chocolate ones I had :)

I have used glycerol suppositories and they have always worked. Its a horrid thought, but the total agony of constipation like that has been a dread of mine. I have been there several times (whilst on LL) and I wont let it happen again on CD.

Really hope you get it sorted soon.

xx

Back