not 100%???

laurenxx23

i have been on sw for just over 4 weeks now, and each weigh in i have a loss but each week i am never 100% i have a takeaway or have a few too many syns, am i the only one who isnt 100%????

i am very annoyed at myself that i cant do it 100% but i am at the point where i just want to pack it in, saying to myself i am destined to be fat forever so i may as well give it up.

Why can't you just syn your takeaway after all thats what your syns are there for. Deduct it from your allowance and carry on as normal then you week is 100%. You're allowed takeaways you know :)

i have no idea. i am just trying to talk myself into giving up. i think i just lost because it was my totm and then i didnt eat for 4days as i was ill

I agree with jezzi999. You are losing. Think what you could be losing if you were 100% rather than giving yourself a hard time! Think about what you want rather than falling into the trap of assuming it won't work. If you believe you can or believe you can't do something, you are right. So you might as well believe you can. Stop beating yourself up! If you need a beating get onto the tough love thread, they'll have plenty to say about getting on plan! If you need some help getting on plan just post on here there are plenty of people who will help.

I'm not always 100% but this is real life...

I lost slowly at the start and was a bit disheartened. I was always skirting the upper end if 5 to 15 syns. I was loosing but it wasn't the 5lb first week losses other were having so I got a bit 'is there any point keeping to my syns when it is coming off sooooo slow'.

And then... It clicked! I found a blog called slimmingeats and there was a brilliant post about what 1/3 SUPERfree really was and WHY it works.

I then overtook all of those people with big losses in those first few weeks... I've never had big losses but slow and steady means I'm still getting Shiney stickers and eating chocolate when I want.

I'm rarely 100% every day of the week but I try to get 1/3 SUPERfree in and keep under 20syns a day. I know I have the ability to self sabotage so I feel I'm better giving myself some breaks than beat myself up that I struggle to keep under 10 syns.... This is real life, so what if I have 1 alpen light bar too many... better than secretly bingeing at McDs and giving up.

You can do this... If you want it you can make it happens.

Good luck x

I mean this not sound offensive or rude, but unfortunately forums can't convey tone!

Firstly congratulations on your losses so far. You say you are on the verge of giving up because you can't do it 100% - perhaps you can't do it 100% because you've already decided you don't want to do it. Perhaps you are not able to do it 100% because you are not 100% committed in your mind and you think that if you do try 100% and fail you can say "oh well I didn't try my best". This is all about changing your mind set - which is what losing weight is all about, life long habits need time to change. If you are managing to lose weight whilst not doing it 100% then it proves you can do it. I could say imagine your losses if you were doing it 100% but that won't help. Only you can decide whether this is what you want to do.

However like others have said even if your not fully following the plan, you must be eating better to have losses to begin with - and that's great. I think of weight loss journeys as a running race, some people start full pelt and then slow down, or take a break; some people keep a steady pace through out and; some people start slowly and have little bursts throughout. However you get to the finish line is up to you (I could make a long speech about cheating as in not doing in a healthy fashion etc., but that's for another thread!). The point is don't give up on yourself at the start line, just because the finish line is so far in the distance you might not even be able to see it doesn't mean you should try and complete the race anyway - positive thinking has a lot to answer for.

I really hope you can reach your weight loss goals, for a happier and healthier life and remember the forumites are always here to help.

Natt xxx

laurenxx23 said:
i have no idea. i am just trying to talk myself into giving up. i think i just lost because it was my totm and then i didnt eat for 4days as i was ill

If you give up you will be back to square 1 most days im not 100% as i will pinch a choc button off my son or nick a chip etc .... On thurs i ate 4 bloody dime bars (bad times) but if i wasnt on sw would i have stopped at the dime bars.... No id have prob drunk half a bottle OF Wine too n possibly crisps sw reigns me in and 2 STONE lighter over 6 months i cant complain i have bad days where i eat crap and even bad weeks but im so much happier than i used to be .... The only annoyance Is how much more i could have lost by now if i had been 100%
Keep going it works and stops me Being really really naughty

I have only had one complete 100% week since I started. I am here this morning to give myself a stern talking to as I ate loads of chocolate brownies yesterday. However I am 1/2 a pound away from my club ten and have lost over a Stone. I eat the slimming world way most of the time. I love to honk for a 100% day on here and aim for 6 honks a week. I could give up at this point as I have had quite a few cheats this week but I plan to draw a line and go for a honk tonight.

You have lost weight each week. 100% is great but 80% is better than not at all - stick at it and you will get there. Life does get in the way but you have to live and this is a way of eating for the long term. Good luck xx

thankyou so much for all your replies. so helpful and exactly what i needed. even if im not 100% all the time, i am still eating 10times better than i was before and i am still losing. xx

laurenxx23 said:
thankyou so much for all your replies. so helpful and exactly what i needed. even if im not 100% all the time, i am still eating 10times better than i was before and i am still losing. xx

Exactly :)

Back