Not a happy bunny!!

nikki1974

Hi all.......
Just need to get it all out and hopefully get some sound advice from you lovely lot!! :wave_cry:
I joined SW 4 weeks ago tomorrow. First week lost 3.lb, 2nd week 2.5lb, 3rd week half a lb. The first 2 weeks were great...following EE and it really is what it says on the tin!!
My 4th weigh is is tomorrow :sigh:
To cut a long story short i lost my only brother and my dad within 6 weeks of eachother last yr.....My brother only 30 and dad 56.Just me and a very very grieving and bitter Mum now. This caused me spiralling out of control with the comfort eating, before i'd not want to eat if something went wrong! Before i knew it i was 2 stone overweight :eek:
Last week saw the 1st anniversary of my dads death, my brothers was in Dec. I live a long way from Mum but she came to visit for a few days and then i took her home and spent a few days there.
My problem is this....the comfort eating struck with avengence!!!!!!!! I got on the scales this morning to find id put on all my weight again plus a lb. So so upset. Cant even think of going to class tomorrow. I feel so embarassed and dont want to bring up the reason for my binge as i dont think people need to know but i just wish id closed my mouth before the food went in!!!!!
Has anybody else been in a similar situation where they've gained after only just starting???
Thanks in advance
Nic xxx

awww im so sorry to hear of your loses hunny i think if i was in the same situation it would make me over-eat too...i put on a few stone coz i used to stuff my face like mad after my violent ex partner had beaten me,that plus the law tried to take my kids from me as they found out my then fiance was beating me up...however i ditched the idiot,ive got my kids,and im happier than ive ever been and have now lost almost 2st of the weight i gained from being with him...you will get through this hun and go to class tomorrow,who cares what other people think,they are all there for the same reason you are remember...thats how i see it:) take care hun.xx

First of all, I just want to say I'm so very very sorry for your loss, much weaker people (such as myself) would have just broken down completely and never have recovered.
I've been on the plan for 8 weeks and 'm a lb heavier than I was when I started. I REALLY tend to let my emotions rule my mouth. I managed to lose 2lbs over Xmas, then my dog died and even THAT sent me on an over eating spree.
You've been through an incredible amount, but you've also achieved a great weight loss-6lb in 3 weeks is amazing! You've put it on again, which sucks, but you know you can lose it again.
Perhaps you should email or call your consultant before class tomorrow and explain what has happened recently? I'm sure she'd be perfectly sympathetic.
I would just write the gain off and start afresh, new month and all that. Losing the weight, getting a bit of exercise and being around the people in group may make you feel slightly more human again, if you know what I mean. I've probably been no help at all, sorry!

So sorry to hear of what you've been through FATLASS..what a nightmare story. Im so glad it has a happy ending. Thank you for the advice, i know i shouldnt care what others think but its horrible when they're losing and ive been a piggy!!
FallOutGirl, its nice to know im not the only one! My dog died the same day as my dad and it was the last straw. I think emailing my consultant is a good idea!! Will do it now.
Thanks guys xxx :eek:

Hi Nic - I am so sorry for the loss of your dad and brother. I can only imagine the grief of you and your Mum. Please try not to metaphorically beat yourself up, nor be embarrassed. Comfort eating is really understandable. I have comfort eaten myself up to 10 stone overweight and am trying to deal with it. And you will too, but in your own time. Please be kind to yourself and take care.
Fatlass - what a survivor - thank you for sharing such a personal and traumatic time in your life. Well done you for fighting for your sanity and safety.
Fall out girl - good luck. so sorry to hear of your loss too - we wouldn't be here if we didn't have issues of one sort or another with food but we can all give each other a helping hand .Take care.

Hi Petunia and thank you for your kind words!!
I am glad to say that i emailed my consultant and went to group and to my relief i only gained 2lb :)
A line has been drawn...its a new start in more ways than one and hopefully i'll get back on target for my holiday in May!! Wooooo!!
Thanks again guys xx

Sorry to hear about your circumstances. However, i would go to group, yo should not fee embarrassed as your are human and we all mess up from time to time. The group is there to support you and honesty is the best key, I dealt any one would just you but more willing to help you. You have a ot to deal wit so don't nbe hard on yourself!

I am not very good with words and have not been on this forum long but felt I had to post.I am so sorry for your loss of your dad and brother. I totally understand about the comfort eating. I have comfort eated myself to an extra 4 stone this past 2 years for several reasons-ill health,stress, worst of all watching my mother die over several months( lost her just before christmas).

Dont beat yourself up about the eating you have done, you made it to class which is brilliant. Each time in the past I have joined class something usually happens a few weeks in and I go out of control with the eating and dont go back.

Try and take each day as it comes and if you do hit another bad day, try and forget about it and start fresh again.
Wishing you all the best :)

a-new-me.....thank you for your kind words and........ Am so so sorry to hear of you losing your Mum. Its so hard isnt it. I know how you must be feeling as it is so recent and am sending you love and hugs:hug99:at this sad time!!
Good luck with your weight loss..i'm sure you'll do it this time. I'm a new starter too and like you have stopped after a few weeks when i fell off track but not this time!! We WILL do it!! xxx

Deepest sympathy hun! Don't worry about going to class as we are all in the same boat and that's why we all go!! I put 7lb on over Xmas and we just laughed about it. The following week I lost 4lb and the week after 6lb :D, so please go as you'll be chuffed you did, not embarrassed. Every week when I go and get weighed people have bad weeks and have gained, one put on 1st 1lb after a week holiday hee hee! :sign0007:We can all relate to this can't we? :party0051: So go on and let us know how it went, you'll find everyone will be supportive and give you some tips etc. :grouphugg:Take care, and keep your chin up. xxx :D

Back