Not another yo-yo diet...

yo-yo-dieter

Silver Member
Hello all

I've started my Exante journey today so would love some support. I'm reading lots of diaries on here too.

A bit of brief background: Been on-a-diet or off-a-diet since 1998 when I weighed 11st 5lbs and was ready to go into a size 16. Fast forward to 2012 and I'm now 15st (ish) and just about to go into a size 18. Bloody vanity sizing has a lot to answer for! In those 14 years I have done calorie counting, weightwatchers (lots of versions), lots of slimming world plans, celebrity slim, 'cutting down' and Lighter Life. Lighter Life is the only one I had any success with back in 2007 but as I didn't follow route to management, all the 3st 2lbs I lost went back on within a year and then within another year I had gained another stone on top of that, and haven't been able to shift it since.

I kept thinking I'd love to go back to Lighter Life but didn't have the money and couldn't bear to have all the waiting around for a doctor to sign my form, and then for a class to start, so an online friend told me about Exante. I had a look at the website and placed an order straightaway. My friend advised me to try and low-carb until the delivery which I have tried.

This really helped me as on Sunday when I placed my order I was 15st bang on, and this morning I was 14st 11.2lbs so that has given me a bit of a welcome boost.

I'm going on holiday in three weeks today so it would be lovely if I could get to below 14st in time for my jollies. I haven't decided yet whether to have the week off when we go, or to carry on, lets get these three weeks out of the way first.

So I'll be posting on here, my thoughts and feelings.

Good luck to everyone else x

My order didn't get delivered until lunchtime today. I work in a hospital and staff get lunches provided so I had already ordered a chicken salad, so I decided to have that (I hadn't had breakfast) and when I get home, start the plan. So I'm not going to bother 'wasting' a shake seeing how I'm not hungry and I'll be going to bed soon, but I'm going to drink 1.5l of water before I go to bed.

I do not drink enough water at all. I don't drink tea or coffee and all I drink is pepsi max, so I have had to buy the water flavourings to make sure I can stomach the water and I'm drinking the peach one now, and am impressed that it colours the water to make it look like cordial, and it tastes palatable too.

My second thoughts about the order, is that the bars look really substantial and chunky, so I am looking forward to having one of those - although I must stop getting excited about food!!!

Third thoughts - sods law, I came back from getting petrol to find my next-door neighbours had ordered five pizzas which they were sat munching on in the garden, chatting to my DH and DS2, and she called over and asked me if I wanted some. I said no, but didn't tell her why, and was surprised how easy saying no was.

So tomorrow at work I'm sat in an office on my own (colleague is away on holiday) so I wont feel so self conscious about blending up a shake.

Day 3 (Tue 23rd July)

I was absolutely Hank Marvin last night despite drinking 1.25l of water between 7pm and 10pm but this morning, so far, I haven't had a hunger pang.

I'm setting off to work now and working 8.30-1700 today with a half hour break (normally finish at 1600) so I have taken all three food packs with me just in case I need all three. If I can hold on I will have a shake at 11.45 (lunchtime) and then a bar in the afternoon.

I weigh every day, always have done
Weight at start:15st
Weight on day 2: 14st 11.2lbs
Weight Today: 14st 10.2lbs
loss so far 3.8lbs

Well done you're doing great... It's the bars that keep me going it's nice to have something other than liquid, I'm on day 8 been 100% and I leave my bar till the evening with a black coffee.

Have a good day and keep strong, you'll do just fine :) x

Good morning and welcome yo-yo. You're doing really well.
Well done on avoiding the pizzas! :hug99: xx

Day 4 - I was absolutely starving in the morning despite all the water but I ignored the hunger pangs and held out until lunch time. Had a chocolate shake at 12.30 which was palatable but then by 2pm I was hungry so I had the choc orange bar. I had thought this would taste really nice but it was quite cardboardy / sawdusty so I only ate half and saved the rest til 3. Had a banana shake when I got home but wasn't keen on it, I think I need to make my shakes with more water. Also had 3.5l of water yesterday

Weight yesterday: 14st 10.2lbs
Weight Today: 14st 8.8lbs
loss so far 5.2lbs

Which I am thrilled to bits with. I can now fit back into a pair of work trousers which were far too tight around the waist last time I tried them on but I could fasten them up comfortably today.

I have woken up with a banging headache today though, hope this passes.

I disliked the bars when I first tried them too, however I love them now. They just take a bit of getting used to. X

Day 5

Weight yesterday: 14st 8.8lbs
Weight Today: 14st 8.0lbs
loss so far 6.00lbs

Woohoo - Hunger pangs have now subsided. I don't have any ketostix but surely I must be in ketosis now? (day 3 of Exante). I've now sampled all the flavours sent to me and they are all palatable, but I prefer my shakes thin and watery. 1 bar is too much for me (HAH) so I've got into the habit of splitting them into two; one for lunch, and one as an afternoon snack.

I'm going to work in a lovely top that I bought around 9 months ago but it was a bit tight over the tummy and I felt a bit self conscious in it (why oh why don't I try things on first) but it's looking a damn sight better now, less than a week into this diet, so that's given me yet another boost.

It's fitting into old clothes and getting into smaller sizes which is going to keep me motivated.

Day 6

Weight yesterday: 14st 8.0lbs
Weight Today: 14st 7.4lbs
loss so far 6.6lbs

Woohoo, another loss. Although it's day 6 of my diet it's only day 3 of shakes. I'm fine now and managing really well. The hunger pangs have disappeared and the only problem I'm encountering is bad wind but I can live with that by pretending it's all the fat cells being zapped lol.

Today's 'thinspiration' was being able to wear my favourite denim skirt again. To be honest it never really was too small for me, just uncomfortable to wear as the waistband was quite tight so the last time I wore it, when I sat down I had to unbutton the top two buttons so I could sit comfortably. Well, all the buttons are fastened up now and I'm fine.

I'm really confident now that I will be under 14st by the time I go on holiday. 8lbs to shift in 19 days.

I love how so quickly on in this diet that you can start noticing changes so early.

However I'm refusing to call it a diet as it's so easy, my official diet will start at re-feed time.

For being 100% I'm treating myself today to HD brows, I've never had anything done with my eyebrows before so I'm quite excited. Although I'm dark haired my brows are quite light in colour and quit sparse so I have never had to even pluck them before but I've noticed them getting a bit thicker as I get older so I'm going to get them professionally shaped and then just try and keep up to them myself.

Hi

Keep going and you'll have no problem getting under 14!! Good luck and well done :)

Day 7

Weight yesterday: 14st 7.4lbs
Weight Today: 14st 6.2lbs
loss so far 7.8lbs

Woohoo - this morning's loss was a good one!!! I'm thrilled to bits.

Nothing really to report otherwise. I struggled with the water yesterday; I think I managed 2l before bedtime but on a work day I've normally drank that by lunchtime. I was on strawberry water (Tesco) and plain tap water as I wanted to see if it was the packs or the water flavourings making me so windy and it is obviously the water. As strawberry water is allowed I think I will just buy that and then have the water flavourings for the rest (I just can't stomach plain water).

Had my eyebrows done, there's no drastic change as the beautician said as I'd never had anything done with my brows she didn't want to risk taking too much off but they are a lot neater. To say I didn't think I had too much in the eyebrows region she was plucking and threading and waxing for an awful long time!!! Also coloured my hair yesterday so I feel quite pampered.

Day 8

Weight yesterday: 14st 6.2lbs
Weight Today: 14st 5.8lbs
loss so far 8.2lbs

Still losing!!!

Only managed just over 2l of water yesterday so I am taking myself off to Tesco this morning to buy myself umpteen bottles of strawberry water.

I have seen a dress on the topshop website which I am going to buy in a Large (am informed L is a small 14) and I aim to be fitting into it by the date of my friend's 40th birthday party in November.

Did my first exercise yesterday which was a 2.5m walk on a triangular route around where I live. It took me 51 minutes which is a terrible pace so I intend to do this walk 2-3 times a week and keep trying to better my time. Who knows, one day - I might be jogging around!!!!

Day 9

Weight yesterday: 14st 5.8lbs
Weight Today: 14st 5.6lbs
loss so far 8.4lbs

I admit to being momentarily a teeny weeny bit disappointed with today's loss, but that's passed. On no other diet would I have lost over half a stone in a week, and if I had have done, it would certainly have gone back on the next week.

I'll focus on my skin instead, I can't leave the house without foundation on but today I have woken up and can't explain it but I didn't feel that I needed it today, my skin seems so clear and bright! I hope I don't get to work and see that I look like death warmed up LOL.

I ordered the dress from Topshop yesterday so I hope to fit into that by 10th November; it can be my Christmas party frock as well. It's a bit short given my age (37) but I guess I can wear it with thick opaque tights or even leggings. I suppose I can still try the dress on, even if I wont be able to zip it up.

Managed 3l of water yesterday, but it was strawberry water. At 70p per bottle I can't keep on spending £1.40 a day just to make sure I get my water allowance down me. Must try harder with tap water.

Day 10

Weight yesterday: 14st 5.6lbs
Weight Today: 14st 5.2lbs
loss so far 8.8lbs

I had some slim & save sample sachets delivered today so I am going to give those a try for today.

Went to see my mother-in-law yesterday and she says she thinks I have lost some weight off my face but she doesn't count as she knows I am doing this diet lol. She was very supportive. I'm just waiting to see how long it takes people who don't know that I'm doing the diet to notice I've lost some weight.

Got into another top this morning for work that I haven't worn in quite a while :-D

Hey yoyo, you are doing reallly well! its such an amazingfeeling fitting into something you couldn't a while ago :D All the best on you exante journey :) onwards and downwardss xxxx

Day 11

Weight yesterday: 14st 5.2lbs
Weight Today: 14st 4.4lbs
loss so far 9.4lbs

I really struggled yesterday with thoughts of food most of the afternoon for the first time since I started, but I just tried to banish them with reading my book and having an early(ish) night and today I have been fine.

The dress I ordered in a L from top shop has been delivered and it is tiny. I seriously cannot imagine that I will be slim enough to wear it even if I lose another four stone. I can just about fit it over my head but not get my arms into it, and if I try and step into it, it doesn't even go past my knees. I hope I haven't made an expensive £40 mistake!

Jus had a scan thru ur diary n ur doin great! U wil definatly be below tht 14 mark before ur hols! X

Start Weight - 15.11 (BMI 34.6)
Week 1 - 15.2 (33.2)
Week 2 - 15.0 (32.8)
Total Loss - 11lb

Day 12

Weight yesterday: 14st 4.4lbs
Weight Today: 14st 4.2lbs
loss so far 9.8lbs

Day 13

Weight yesterday: 14st 4.2lbs
Weight Today: 14st 4.2lbs
loss so far 9.8lbs

Day 14

Weight yesterday: 14st 4.2lbs
Weight Today: 14st 3.8lbs
loss so far 10.2lb

Day 15

Weight yesterday: 14st 3.8lbs
Weight Today: 14st 2.8lbs
loss so far 11.2lb

You can tell I have reached that stage now where I'm well into it and there is really nothing to say LOL

Your doin great. Do you feel any different in yourself yet x

Start Weight - 15.11 (BMI 34.6)
Week 1 - 15.2 (33.2)
Week 2 - 15.0 (32.8)
Total Loss - 11lb

Back