not eating enough calories

Davey1984

Hi all,
I was just wondering if my evening meal comes to 539 calories and my evening meal should be 800 calories, could I have an 85 calorie time out bar?
xxx

yep that shouldn't be a problem as long as you are eating over 1200 calories a day you should be fine

awcarly said:
yep that shouldn't be a problem as long as you are eating over 1200 calories a day you should be fine

Thanks for that hun, including the time out bar I have consumed 1377 calories.
Have you ever had an extra snack out of the remainder of ur evening calories? Xx

yep I do it quite often as I don't have the three slim fast snacks a day, I also have low calorie soup for lunch instead of a shake it shouldn't hurt as long as you don't go over.. I think you have to have at least 1200 otherwise your body doesn't go into keratosis but it shouldn't be damaging if you don't eat your full quota of calories either as several days this week I haven't eaten the 1280 my fitness pal has put me on x

awcarly said:
yep I do it quite often as I don't have the three slim fast snacks a day, I also have low calorie soup for lunch instead of a shake it shouldn't hurt as long as you don't go over.. I think you have to have at least 1200 otherwise your body doesn't go into keratosis but it shouldn't be damaging if you don't eat your full quota of calories either as several days this week I haven't eaten the 1280 my fitness pal has put me on x

Oh that's great to hear hun, my fitness pal has put me in 1580 calories, so I am still under xx

Your body doesnt go into ketosis on SF, its too high in carbs and sugar to do that. Its a low calorie plan. The 1200 cals is a minimum guideline, if u exercise regularly u will need to eat a bit more to stop ur body falling into starvation mode which will stop ur weight loss. Xx

Stephie77 xxx

Sorry I got a bit mixed up, if you are doing a diet low in sugar and starch, you will go into ketosis which is the body's natural way of converting excess fat into energy. Being on a very low calorie diet will also put you into ketosis or doing extreme sports and not eating enough. I'm not sure just how low you'd have to go to enter starvation mode as VLCD can induce ketosis which is effective for weight loss, I suppose that's why they use the 1200 calorie guideline, although it will completely depend on your body and metabolic rate, however, if you are doing more exercise you will need to compensate for that by eating.

Ketosis - Low carb food diet - Go Lower

Back