Not eating enough to lose weight?

KHammy87

Hi all.

I'e been doing slimming world a while and I've had decent losses. 6.5lbs so far.

However I haven't 100% stuck to plan, in fact I had a meal out, 2 take away and 2 subways in one week and lost 2lbs! And the weeks I've almost stuck to plan I've done worse?! And now stopped losing.

I'e spoken and showed my food diary to a few people who'e basically said I'm not eating enough to lose weight. Is that a thing?

I can't disagree about my eating, I'm a terribly fussy eater (no fish, pasta, rice, noodles - probably more) so when I do feel hungry I struggle to find things I want to eat and end up not eating a proper meal.

I can go all day just having a meal for dinner and then a HiFi and Muller light at breakfast and lunch

I'm considering calorie counting instead so I can see I'm having enough, but still food optimising otherwise I'll just eat crap and then go hungry the rest of the night as I've used my calories

Hi you might have changed up your diet by now but I just thought I'd send a quick reply to say I find CC more helpful than SW, I did count the cals on SW to track what I was eating and it was just a slight bit too high to see a massive difference, i.e. on CC I would have 1400 but on SW it was going to 1600 and my cal burn is 1800 approx for the day so as you can see that 200 every day really slowed it down. I wouldn't be surprised if on those days you had a little treat you ended up thinking "I'd better be extra good" whereas when you were sticking to plan 100% you probably had the thinking "I've been extra good I can eat a little extra this or that" even fruit and veg adds up... I don't think its because you aren't eating enough (from my experience :) )

Back