Not eating enough to run

cyberjelly

Help,
I have been doing slimming world now for over 2 years so know what I am doing works.
My problem is that I am training to do half marathons and are therefore running alot. Typically Tues 3/4 hour gym speed interval session, Wed 3/4 hour gym speed interval session, Thursday timed 3.2 mile run, Friday anything between 3 to 6 miles, Sat Park run 3.2 miles.

I was talking to a trainer about trying to improve my running( stayed the same minute a mile for the last year and need to decrease it).
Having looked at what I typically eat on Slimming World they have told me that there is no way I'm eating enough to help with my running.

I don't want to stop Slimming World as I enoy it so much and have now been the same weight for over a year (after losing 5 stone don't want to go back), and still lokking to shift another stone.
I am also having to see and endocrinolgist about other hormone problems which need sorting out (already have an underactive thyroid)
So do I increase my food intake and go over syns on the days I run to give me the energy or just stick to the fact that I will never improve my time because I can't fuel my body ennough without going way over syns.

Ned help to get this sorted.
Cyberjelly

. . . . . . So do I increase my food intake and go over syns on the days I run to give me the energy or just stick to the fact that I will never improve my time because I can't fuel my body ennough without going way over syns.

I don't quite understand - why would increasing your food intake necessarily mean increasing your syns? Why couldn't you just increase your intake of free food?

I don't quite understand - why would increasing your food intake necessarily mean increasing your syns? Why couldn't you just increase your intake of free food?

My thoughts exactly.

I can't eat too much fruit or bran as I also suffer from the dreaded jogger trots.

So I have been advised to eat
Whey protein shakes – plus any of following:
Wholemeal sandwich (any filling)- Pack of oatcakes AND small tub of cottage cheese or hummus- Fruit AND pack of oatcakes- Maltloaf (at least 2 slices) AND fruit, 1 x Banana large1 x Jam sandwich,1 x pack of sweet oatcakes (5? Biscuits) 1 x wholemeal bagel with filling of choice (can be sweet or savory)

Alot of this has syns in it which will mean nothing for evening dinners.

Have you thought of doing either red or green days, then you can have two hexb & 's? I'm not too sure if this is what you already do though.

Do vegetables give you the same problems? I like carrots as they are easy to eat cooked or raw, or how about butternut squash that's a nice veg to eat & you could put lots of other things with it.

Things like lean ham, cucumber batons, carrot batons and cherry tomatoes are all things I like to eat when I'm working out or after I've worked out.
At least they are free foods too.
I don't think you necessarily need to have more syns, that just seems a wasted effort in the workout to me.

Plenty of yummy free food will help you :) xxx

Back