not eating enough!!

sammyd

hi all im sam,
ive been on the orlistat diet a week now and feel well positive...BUT... i know im just not eating enough,
when it comes to diets im a all or nothing kinda guy and find it difficult to actually eat wile im in the zone!..its not like i dont get hungry i could have eaten a dead rotten moose today but could punch the air knowing ive battled through them crazy moments!!
i know this is stupid and not the way to a life changing weight loss, but how the hell do i break the habit!.. any advise on this subject would be gratefully received.. its horrible to think that this time last year i was 5 stone lighter, so goes to show it comes back just as fast as it comes goes, loosing weight has never been an issue with me, one ive made up my mind to loose it.. its finding the happy balance once im ware i want to be!
oh and hiya, this is my first post on here.. im obviously a newbie and only got released from the introductions thingy..lol ..50 posts "whats that all about"
sam......

Hi Sam
You should record everything on my fitness pal. It gives you your fat and calories and if you type it all in there it's easy to know whether or not you can eat any more or not . I've got it as an app for my phone so it's really handy to list everything I eat .
Good luck you'll enjoy it on here

Why not pop on to the Xenical/Orlistat page and see if you can get some ideas for meals, snacks etc.
What method are you using along with the Xenical? Maybe you should calorie count, and that way you could ensure that you're getting your 2,000 cals a day (lucky beggar!) and adjust your food accordingly.
Lots of recipies on here to make, swap quorn for mince and you'd get larger portions, use an oil spray or even just water to soften onions for making bolognaise etc.
You'll lose the weight, I wouldn't worry!
Hope your 1st weigh in goes well
Good luck

Hiya Sam and welcome :D
I use myfitnesspal, it's a great help with realising I haven't eaten enough. I never thought I'd have trouble eating lol give it a try :D

Clair xx

Why not pop on to the Xenical/Orlistat page and see if you can get some ideas for meals, snacks etc.
What method are you using along with the Xenical? Maybe you should calorie count, and that way you could ensure that you're getting your 2,000 cals a day (lucky beggar!) and adjust your food accordingly.
Lots of recipies on here to make, swap quorn for mince and you'd get larger portions, use an oil spray or even just water to soften onions for making bolognaise etc.
You'll lose the weight, I wouldn't worry!
Hope your 1st weigh in goes well
Good luck
morning kate,
ill do a posty thang in a bit, soon as ive finished my full English,pancakes & milky coffee..tut.. (but wink wink, 6!!!).. lol

Hi Sam
You should record everything on my fitness pal. It gives you your fat and calories and if you type it all in there it's easy to know whether or not you can eat any more or not . I've got it as an app for my phone so it's really handy to list everything I eat .
Good luck you'll enjoy it on here
thanx for the reply,
sounds a plan, ware do i get hold of that fitness plan thingy?.. remember im a man though, you'll need to explain as of your talking to a child!!..lol..:rolleyes:
sam..

And you said no graphics! lol
I'm being a lady now did you notice? Must just have been in a funny mood yesterday!
mmmm full English. Did ya have maple syrup on ya pancakes didya? I had WW toast and a banana.
Think I burned off those calories trying locate "lost" items for Number 2s school trip! lo

My fitness pal can be downloaded as a mobile app (iPhone etc) or can be acessed online via the web lol!!

It is really handy I use it even though I do sw!!

Do you snack at all ie fruit or are you really restricting yourself?!

Can you post a typical day so we can see and possibly help? Xx

Hi Sam. I lost 6 stone last year, following a meal replacement diet. I've put 5 stone back on while having a baby. This time I'm following xenicals diet and really enjoying it. The results are slower, but like you I want to make a life long change and that's much more about the mental side of weight loss rather than what you do and do not eat. I think by restricting yourself too much eventually you will rebel and break out if the diet prison and inevitably binge. If you are planning to work out you need to make sure you are having your daily cals, if not more due to the fuel upur body needs.

I am also a my fitness pal addict! Love this app, shows you how much everything is in terms of cals, fat, whatever.

Good luck on your journey sam, I look forward to seeing how you get on. X x x

Welcome Sam, and well done for loosing 6lb, this forum is great for answering any questions you may have or giving you meal ideas.
I'm fairly new here i started at the beginning of June and drop in here nearly every day. I couldn't do without the support.

Mandy

Hi Sam. I lost 6 stone last year, following a meal replacement diet. I've put 5 stone back on while having a baby. This time I'm following xenicals diet and really enjoying it. The results are slower, but like you I want to make a life long change and that's much more about the mental side of weight loss rather than what you do and do not eat. I think by restricting yourself too much eventually you will rebel and break out if the diet prison and inevitably binge. If you are planning to work out you need to make sure you are having your daily cals, if not more due to the fuel upur body needs.

I am also a my fitness pal addict! Love this app, shows you how much everything is in terms of cals, fat, whatever.

Good luck on your journey sam, I look forward to seeing how you get on. X x x
awwww thanks,
nice to know im not alone!!:wave_cry:
sam.....x

Your definately not on your own Sam. I went from 22st 12lb to 14st 6lbs doing Lipotrim, Lighterlife the tfr diets in 7 months back in 08/09. I managed to get back up to 21st again in two years. It's heartbreaking to think about but at least we've realised and we're doing something about it.

Mandy

Your definately not on your own Sam. I went from 22st 12lb to 14st 6lbs doing Lipotrim, Lighterlife the tfr diets in 7 months back in 08/09. I managed to get back up to 21st again in two years. It's heartbreaking to think about but at least we've realised and we're doing something about it.

Mandy
bless,
have to say mandy things to feel a little different this time!.. ive never done the "whole support thingy thing" before. but have thought about it though.... till i phoned up the local WW woman and she said i would be welcome, and the only bloke there!.."so chickened out".. really not like me at all, looking back.. lol lol

Last edited:
Big cowardy custard! But you've made your mind up now and the boards are very supportive. You'll do it!
i am big & cowardy.. but custard, thats just way below the belt!!.. :eek:
well im guessing wile im here "tut" might as well give it a go! lol lol ... hope you've had a good day!!
sam.....x

Hmmm good day? Number 2 came back from his school expedition! He's left his passport on the plane! He's off to Cuba in 2 weeks! Hopefully they will find it on the plane and return it so I don't have to take him up to London to the passport office! Kids!!!

Hmmm good day? Number 2 came back from his school expedition! He's left his passport on the plane! He's off to Cuba in 2 weeks! Hopefully they will find it on the plane and return it so I don't have to take him up to London to the passport office! Kids!!!
jeeeeeeeez good luck with that!..
some things you keep a very close eye on, passport being one!...... would have thought they,d have found it by now though, the planes are cleaned at the end of every flight! "but gooood luck anyways"
sam.......x

It was going on to Amsterdam! They were too late when he reported to get the cleaners to check so hopefully they'll find it at Schipol anytime now lol.
His father told him and told him and told him again! He was threatened with death as well! lol Meanwhile his father is strangely calm lol

funny the strangely calm thing, my kids know to run for the hills when i do the "strangely calm"..
well ive just spent the last two hrs on me bike attempting to round up my ginger kid!.. 9yrs old going on 18!!!.. hates bloody school, but guess ware she was, try the school roof! thank god for the ginge i spotted it a mile off!! ...
must have earned me a lb though on a + side, if there's one!!
anyhow good luck and if its a no show.... london ain't that bad, think of it as a day out!!!!.. best take a deck chair with ya, them ques are a mile long!!
.... sam x

On the school roof? Are the lessons better up there? Maybe she's doing astrology and was waiting for the night sky lol.
One good thing about red headed people I suppose lol. At least you found her lol.
I am gearing up to cycle to the gym when the holidays start properly, I can go arly when the roads are clearer rather than after taking them to the station, coming home changing car for bike and then going in rush hour! My arse would hold up more traffic than a caravan lol.
I was going to take him to tea at the Savoy (but we're now waiting for the passport to turn up before we get his dad to cough up the money lol)

Back