Not going into Ketosis

Yeah that's what I thought ....any pink at all is good, too dark is dehydrated.

On facebook exante wanted people to suggest new products how about cheese baguette:) xx

Mmmm warm baguette!! Ive just googled carb free bread and there are some recipes out there. That would be amazing with cheese and garlic thru it. I might make some after Paris to get me back on track!

I had a bit of cheese last week and it tasted like some exotic fruit off some unknown island. It was AMAZING. Everything I taste has such flavor these days. I dunno if its cos Im constantly hungry or because Im eating less foods but when I do eat something outside the Exante diet, eg cheese, steak, eggs, chicken, spinach, my taste buds are alive and it tastes amaaaaaazing!!

I don’t understand the people who say they are struggling to eat. I have the opposite problem!!

Yeah that's what I thought ....any pink at all is good, too dark is dehydrated.

On facebook exante wanted people to suggest new products how about cheese baguette:) xx

That's good to know then as I was thinking I'd have to aim for the dark purple colour!!

Just had to pop into supermarket to get more coke zero & got a massive waft of loveliness off the bakery dept - nearly dived head first into the bread section !

Mmmm warm baguette!! Ive just googled carb free bread and there are some recipes out there. That would be amazing with cheese and garlic thru it. I might make some after Paris to get me back on track!

I had a bit of cheese last week and it tasted like some exotic fruit off some unknown island. It was AMAZING. Everything I taste has such flavor these days. I dunno if its cos Im constantly hungry or because Im eating less foods but when I do eat something outside the Exante diet, eg cheese, steak, eggs, chicken, spinach, my taste buds are alive and it tastes amaaaaaazing!!

stop talking about my favourite grub!! lol....so is this food you eating in a AAM week or are you just adapting the programme to suit your lifestyle?

Do you have pinterest? There are loads of extra low carb recipes on there. Ones using cauliflower to make a sort of rice which you can then make into pizza bases etc.

but must stop torturing myself with refeeding recipes and stick to the job in hand.:D

Great news, no one can eat so few calories and not lose weight. Don't be disheartened. x

Turns out the scales might not have been broken as I appear to have lost in 12lbs in 12 days. Need to stop overthinking this diet and just get on with it now! It is working!

...and well done too :)

Thanks all for your support!

Its been a funny week really. My final two week weigh in was 1st total loss exactly so Im happy with that of course. Any loss is welcomed! But it was just a rough week. I was on my period and getting up and functioning was really hard this week. I was uncomfortable, groggy and spaced out all week. It is hard to know if is it Ketosis or my hormones as Ive only restarted my periods this year but I hope next week is easier!! I have been struggling to get up for work all week and been late for work every day, but the icing on the cake was today, when I slept from 1am to 1.30pm. I have NEVER EVER slept that late in my life, even when ill or with a hangover. I average 6hours a night so this is double!! I hope next week goes back to "normal", whatever that means!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Im off shoping later to buy a clothes size smaller than i was in FEB. :)

Btw since Ive been in ketosis Ive been sleeping like a baby, maybe better than I used to. Lovely deep sleeps. But it is still early days, lets see what week 3 brings!!

Food moved to main Exante section due to food references

Wee reminder guys, NO food talk allowed in the 100% section :)

I have been sticking to the diet these last few days but i have still gained 2lbs. :( Im cheating by weighing myself mid week but Im desperate to enter the 13s and I was 14lbs exactly on FRI. Had a pounding headache all weekend too. Hoping it is just water retention!! :)

Week.3.5 - Still havent lost anything this week despite sticking to the diet and 3L+ per day. Had some diarrhoea too the last few days. Dunno why but the shakes are setting off my stomach this week. I am lactose intolerant but I was happy to put up with the bloating and there was no discomfort the first two weeks but Im struggling this week. Little hunger though! Stomach has finally stopped asking for food!!

The high vitamin content is notorious for causing that. Try spacing out your packs if you aren't already to help with that.

People find week 3 is the worst week, personally I find its week 4. Keep at it you'll get there.

Just on another note, ketosis won't mean that you'll never feel hungry again - it just helps with the hunger more often than not.

Well done on your loss so far :)

Hi all

So Im back from a week in France which was a week "off" the diet. As a guest at someone's house I felt it was impolite and unpractical to expect to be able to continue the diet all week and refuse their cuisine. So I decided to compromise and asked my host if I could do my own thing for breakfast and lunch and then I would eat whatever they cooked in the evening. My theory was that I would try to keep my calorie count low with exante for breakfast and lunch (400cals) and my stomach small for the week. And it worked, because despite eating normal food during the week, I didnt gain even 1lb!! Pretty pleased as I didnt know what to expect from my body. I didnt want to feel that I was denying myself, so I ate a little of my fave foods. The downside was that I found the normal evening meal quite rich/heavy despite a starter size portion , i had diarrhea most days. I didnt have much alcohol whilst i was there and avoided wine. The one day I did have wine, it triggered a headache. I stuck to pastis, vodka or whiskey most of the week. Now back in the UK and back on the diet for week 4! Interestingly, the day that i got back i did a ketostix and it said that I was in mild ketosis (the one above 0) but Im not sure I believe it as i had eaten quite a bit of bread that day!! I started the week in France with loads of energy but at the end, I felt exhausted and run down. I did do lots of walking but felt that my lack of energy was due to coming out of ketosis and the side effects of eating other foods. I cant wait to be back in Ketosis and get a burst of energy again!! Ive been so sluggish. The one food I really did enjoy in France was the quiches. I left the pastry but ate the filling, because it was only milk/eggs/cream/cheese/bacon which is allowed on Exante. Now back to my normal three a day!

Karen

Hey Guys

Still going strong and sticking to my 3 a day with the occasional bit of cheese or meat thrown in when hungry. I still get some hunger pangs but it is manageable now and I am used to it. It does get easier. Now on Week 6 with a total loss of 21lbs which includes a week away on holiday in France! My main "concern" is my sleep patterns. I dont have insomnia, I am sleeping WAY more than usual. I used to sleep 6-8 hours a night and at weekends maybe 10. Im still going to sleep at the same time due to my body clock but I CANNOT get out of bed. I am groggy, drowsy, completely out of it. Ive been criticised at work for it so I need to do something about it. One weekend, I didnt set up alarm (I always wake up 10am ish) and I woke up at 2pm in the afternoon. This weekend it was 12pm before I woke up like a zombie. I have put it down to the diet although have absolutely no way of knowing. All the forums seem to be full of insomnia type stories but I am suffering from the opposite and now struggling with a daily routine. It is very strange!!!

Well done for your losses - that's brilliant :) What kind of job do you do? If it involves a lot of physical activity it may explain your fatigue. Would it be worth asking your doctor for advice, especially as it's impacting on your work?

Hello, Thank you! Yip Im going to go to the doctor to do a routine blood test just to check my other hormones aren't going crazy! I sit at a desk in an office all day so i cant blame lack of energy. Sometimes in the evenings I am restless and potter about and then head to bed 12am-1am. It was brilliant being so restless on Easter Weekend as I cleaned the house inside out! This has only really started happening of late. In the beginning I had more energy and was clearer headed. This last 3 weeks have been a bit more of a struggle, a bit more sluggish and tired. I read that low energy means you need more sleep and in the mornings I do feel a bit light headed when I get up so maybe it is low energy. But i chugg several cups of coffee and convince myself Im awake now! :)

I am just coming to the end of a vlcd and my sleeping patterns have been weird. I get to sleep ok and wake up ok - but never feel like I have ever made it into a deep enough sleep

It might be worth getting your iron levels checked, you might be a bit anaemic which can lead to tiredness. I am sleeping really well on the diet and waking feeling refreshed. Or at least I have done the last 2 weeks, but since it's been school holidays I haven't had to wake with the alarm, so we'll see what happens when the alarm goes off at 6.15 tomrrow :(

Yeah will get a blood test this week. My gut instinct is that it could be vitamin related as Ive had issues in the past despite being veggie and eating all the food groups. I know Exante is 100% RDA but Ive been taking extra B12, calcium and magnesium, and a multi-vit just to be safe. Maybe its too much :)

First day getting up is usually ok because you are so worried about getting up. It is day 2 onwards that becomes harder :) Good luck!!

Fingers crossed I get up this week, one argument with the boss last week was enough!! :)

Back