Not Good at the moment

Dawnyo

Ive been doing sw for 6 weeks now and lost 4lbs. Im so disheartened. Most people go to sw and lose that in a week. Last week one girl lost 8lbs in her first week. Im being good, having between 5 and 10 syns aday. extra easy plan is the one im doing, was going to try red days but dont quite understand it. im on the edge of giving up. I only want to lose another 10lbs. I feel so down at the moment. hubby had sit down fish and chips yesterday, i had a jacket spud with beans and no butter. How good was that!!! see im trying. :cry:

I can't see your stats as I'm on my phone but if you only have 10lbs to lose then that could be the reason you are having smaller losses than you'd like. Please don't compare yourself to others, everyone is different and everyone loses weight at different rates.

Don't be disheartened, you are losing weight, keep going:)

Also, are you measuring healthy extras? And would you like us to look at a food diary example? X

Try not to get too disheartened I have been same as you but still trying hard I have been going 4 weeks tomorrow is 5th I never lost anything at 2 weighing and last week I lost 4 lbs but I am still trying hard I know your struggling we can struggle together if you like buddy each other see how we get on xx

Oh ty you two...yes i would love to be your buddy mrsneverin. i weigh in on a tuesday.

dawnyo, i feel your pain! i am similar to you in weight loss etc this week i have gone over to green/red days. extra easy wasnt so easy for me lol the having to eat lots of salad etc at every meal was not good i was being inconsistent so i have changed. I only do green days as a veggie, and the extra a and b choice you get is a god send!! plus i can have weetabix without synning it

I eventually got to target and my losses were very small compared to others. It took me 23 weeks to lose 2 stone, others who joined with me have lost nearly 3 in that time. BUT it doesnt matter, I got there. Believe me I understand how you feel, I felt it was so unfair some weeks when I had been 100% and lost half a pound and others had had wine pizza etc and come in with losses of 2 lbs plus and still werent happy! Dont give up, you have very little to lose and as has been said before it does get harder if you have very little to lose to get to target. Stay strong, you will get there and you will be so pround when you have your blue shiny!

Ive been doing sw for 6 weeks now and lost 4lbs. Im so disheartened. Most people go to sw and lose that in a week. Last week one girl lost 8lbs in her first week. Im being good, having between 5 and 10 syns aday. extra easy plan is the one im doing, was going to try red days but dont quite understand it. im on the edge of giving up. I only want to lose another 10lbs. I feel so down at the moment. hubby had sit down fish and chips yesterday, i had a jacket spud with beans and no butter. How good was that!!! see im trying. :cry:

Like the others said, if you've only got a stone to lose you cant expect big losses every week Im afraid, they only really happen to people with a lot to lose. You're averaging over half a pound a week which I think is pretty good for someone so near target. If you post a food diary we could have a look and see if theres anything you could change. Are you eating *enough*? Are you eating your HEXs and syns? Are you exercising?

Don't give up. I've a hell of a lot more to lose than you so you'd think my weight would fly off but it doesn't.

If I stopped now I'd just put it all back on and more. That's why I keep trying :)

It might be worth having a go at green or red just to mix things up a bit.

Have you got a diary. If not I would suggest that you start one. You'll get loads of help and support :)

Yes mixing plans up is a good idea. I always do red and a few green, but my last couple of weeks before reaching target I did ee and it helped

Another one really struggling here!

I have been going to SW classes for 5 weeks. The first week I lost 2.5 and the following 2 lbs. From then on it was STS, follwed by 0.5 then STS!

I just cringe when they are doing the losses and everyone is losing despite having pizzas, getting p~ssed up at the weekends etc. and there is me, sticking (almost) 100%. As my job is very physical too, it drives me crazy.

Ideally I would like to lose 1.5 stone, but at this rate it's going to take years!!!!!!

Let's all support each other - Sometimes I dread going to class. It takes all my courage to go in. I hate sitting there and being STS and teeny losses.

I feel like giving up too, but I know I can put weight on in a flash and that scares me even more.

It is hard when you don't have a lot to lose and very depressing at times. :(

Another one really struggling here!

I have been going to SW classes for 5 weeks. The first week I lost 2.5 and the following 2 lbs. From then on it was STS, follwed by 0.5 then STS!

I just cringe when they are doing the losses and everyone is losing despite having pizzas, getting p~ssed up at the weekends etc. and there is me, sticking (almost) 100%. As my job is very physical too, it drives me crazy.

Ideally I would like to lose 1.5 stone, but at this rate it's going to take years!!!!!!

Let's all support each other - Sometimes I dread going to class. It takes all my courage to go in. I hate sitting there and being STS and teeny losses.

I feel like giving up too, but I know I can put weight on in a flash and that scares me even more.

It is hard when you don't have a lot to lose and very depressing at times. :(
I know just how you feel, but believe me if you stick to it you will get there. Sometimes I had lost only half a pound, but could get into a smaller size despite such a small weight loss. And remember, only you know the figure in yr book, but others can see the difference in yr figure! I was a slow loser, but I got there and the feeling is fantastic. You will do it! x

I know just how you feel, but believe me if you stick to it you will get there. Sometimes I had lost only half a pound, but could get into a smaller size despite such a small weight loss. And remember, only you know the figure in yr book, but others can see the difference in yr figure! I was a slow loser, but I got there and the feeling is fantastic. You will do it! x

Thanks so much for the encouragment. Yes I do feel as if the fat is melting, but the scales don't seem to reflect that! I will keep going, but it is nice to know that there are others out there for whom it is a slow journey.

Thanks again. :) You have cheered me up. X

Hi,

I am too am having this trouble, 4 weeks to lose 2.5lbs :( I was so annoyed last week I thought about quitting, have had a few bad days but since decided to get back on plan and try again! My weigh in is a Weds, can I join you ladies for a bit of mutual support please?

Thanks so much for the encouragment. Yes I do feel as if the fat is melting, but the scales don't seem to reflect that! I will keep going, but it is nice to know that there are others out there for whom it is a slow journey.

Thanks again. :) You have cheered me up. X
So pleased you feel a bit more cheery! We are all here to help each other hun x:D

Hi,

I am too am having this trouble, 4 weeks to lose 2.5lbs :( I was so annoyed last week I thought about quitting, have had a few bad days but since decided to get back on plan and try again! My weigh in is a Weds, can I join you ladies for a bit of mutual support please?
Course you can join us, the more the merrier! Please dont quit, just think if you had you would be 2.5lbs heavier now!!! Keep going, keep going, remember the tortoise won the race, not the hare! :hug99:

Hi,

Hi

Welcome. I really don't feel as if I have lost anything since last thursday (my weigh in day) so I am already dreading sitting there in the group!! I will go though and face it.

I don't know why it is so hard for some people yet seems so easy for others. One girl in my group lost 7 lbs for the first week, and she is not even that big!!

I read in a slimming world article that there is no such thing as a slow metabolism, so I just cannot work out why I gain so easily yet have so much trouble getting it off.

I am pretty certain that I don't have a thyroid condition as I am very active in my work, and I understand you are just too tired to do anything.

Anyway forgive my waffling. It is good to meet others with this problem.

Last time I did SW it took me around 6 months to get 10 lbs off so I did give up in the end and regained it plus another 4 so I really don't want to go that route again. :(

Good luck with your weigh in. :)

Hi Dawnyo

I am a bit like you - only have a small amount to lose and struggled on extra easy. I switched to red and found it more efffective as it restricts carbs. I do also think when you want to lose about a stone or so you need to be careful about quantities and not take the "as much as you like" of free foods entirely literally!! Things like f/f yoghurt and fruit are great but have a fairly high sugar content so I think it is crucial to focus on only eating when you are truly hungry and stopping when you are full. I would definitely recommend the red plan though. Good luck!

Back