Not good....very sad me!

Saska

Silver Member
Hi everyone....well just day 6 on the Dukan and it's not working for me. I have followed the diet exactly even keeping my bottle of water in the fridge as that is recommended to burn up the cals. The last two days I have put on 1lb each day :eek: making my total loss just 4lbs . I have been eating (and maybe too much) extra low cream cheese although the book says unlimited amounts of all foods listed on the stage 1. Breakfast is either smoked salmon and egg whites scrambled or fat free natural yoghurt with oat bran mixed in. Then either chicken/ham/turkey breast for meals or maybe some fish. All foods off the stage 1 list, no deviations. 1.5L still water every day minimum. No oils or dressings...nothing that is off the list has passed my lips! It's so depressing as I had high hopes of a good loss this first week. I had planned to stay on the protein only for 10 days and then introduce some veg. I am feeling tired and not full of energy as the book says you should after about day 3. What have I done wrong? I thought this diet was one I could stay on and still be sociable rather than the packet food diets but there must be something that I'm doing wrong unless maybe this way of eating aka diet does not work for everyone. I really would appreciate any input from you successful Dukan peeps out there. Tks, Saska :wave_cry:

saska dont be down looks like your following the plan well but i cant see your stats so dont know how much you have to loose, is it totm???? also 6 days could be time to go onto cruise as this is where the weight loss journey begins. dont give up keep posting full menus so the Dukaneers can follow and advise. good luck x

what extra low cream cheese are you having ? the only one thats allowed is quark... philly etc is not allowed in attack and limited to 1tbsp as a tollerated item

what extra low cream cheese are you having ? the only one thats allowed is quark... philly etc is not allowed in attack and limited to 1tbsp as a tollerated item

Yes I was wondering this too. Anything that's not fat free or less than 1% fat in the dairy department is not allowed, and certainly not unlimited.

Saska whereabouts are you? This forum is mostly based in the UK so if you're using US (for example) ingredients we may not always be able to identify where you're going wrong. There is not that much variety of fat free dairy you can have in attack (and cruise in fact!) here:
Plain Yoghurt
Fromage Frais
Cottage cheese (but you have to hunt for the varieties with less than 1% fat)
Quark
Skimmed Milk

And that's really it in the dairy department. Are you having too much salt? The smoked Salmon and the chicken/ham/turkey could be culprits if you are eating pre-packed foods. Try to cook from fresh.

How much do you weigh now - how much were you hoping to lose? Were you already dieting when you started Dukan? Don't give up yet, but if you have already done 6 days attack then it's time to move to cruise regardless, your body will thank you. Incidentally (sorry this is a bit personal!) - how is your digestion? If you eat only protein then that's notorious to get you a bit bunged up, eat some veg (or even better, some Rhubarb, it's allowed!) to get your bowels moving and you might have clocked up a huge loss after all!

Tks everyone, I really do appreciate it!

Well today the scales said I'd dropped those two lbs and think yes it was that cheese.... infact I'm sure! I ate extra light Philly but my Dukan book which I recently bought off Amazon says that cheese is OK although it doesnt say the brand and so maybe I've missed where it said Philadelphia is not allowed in Attack? I wont be buying anymore of that...it was delicious though and thought it was too good to be true lol!!! I will look for the quark...never eaten that so not sure what to look for...is it called quark extra low fat soft cheese? I must say unless I missed where it said no Philly I am having reservations as to how accurate the book is....wondering are there any other foods I've missed the small print on? I am cooking fresh and never add salt as I dont like it...only on my fish and chips lol! Haha my digestion...what digestion...only 1 BM this week and that wasn't much. I have been eating the oat bran daily and so maybe things will move in that direction today lol!!! I have about 3 st of blubber to drop and will fcomplete my minimins profile later on today. I am in the UK at present. Hope everyone in the UK is enjoying this lovely sunshine.....good for the walks! Tks again and good luck to all slimmers out there! Saska x

Last edited:
Hi Saska

Which book have you got? I find the Life Plan book much easier to read and reference back to if something needs checking.

Our local library has a few copies so if you haven't got it, you might want to try your library? Just an idea ... saves money too ;)

Good luck; stick with the diet if you can, it really does work.

P x

PS attached is a photo of some Quark from my fridge! ;)

Attachments

• image-2500970352.jpg
    image-2500970352.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 53
My cottage cheese question didn't seem to show on my editing so here it is again....where are the places to buy the less than 1% cottage cheese? I have looked in Sainsury's/Tesco/Waitrose but am afraid to buy after my cream cheese experience :eek: Tks! Saska

tescos extra value range is less than 1% as is asdas value range. Have a great Sunday....x

Hi Saska

Which book have you got? I find the Life Plan book much easier to read and reference back to if something needs checking.

Our local library has a few copies so if you haven't got it, you might want to try your library? Just an idea ... saves money too ;)

Good luck; stick with the diet if you can, it really does work.

P x

PS attached is a photo of some Quark from my fridge! ;)

Tks for the photo....I now have some idea what to look for....where did you buy it? The book I have is a hard back book called The Dukan Diet Life Plan. It has a sea green coloured front with a lady cooking stirring a salad bowl. It includes 60 new recipes it says. If you have that book can you tell me where it says no Philly pls....I am still confussed how I missed that. Tks must run and shower and get out walking! Have a great day and tks again. Saska

tescos extra value range is less than 1% as is asdas value range. Have a great Sunday....x

Right... thanks, that's on my shopping list along with the Quark! I am all charged up and ready to fight this thanks to everyones help...I was suicidal last night lol not really just very disappointed. Have a great day, Saskax

The book does say extra-light cream cheese ... this might be a relatively new addition to the book as there are a number editions now.

I would take the advice from the girls though, as they've lived and breathed this diet with great success : D

If the cream cheese is stalling you, best to lose the taste for it as soon as you can!!

I get my Quark from Ocado (I know Sainsbury's sell it too) and I get my cottage cheese from Waitrose; it's 1.5% fat though, but I don't eat a lot of it and the taste is amazing.

P x

the book was written in france so the foodstuffs and ingrediants over there are much different to ours... philly and other brands of soft cheeses are far too high in carbs due to all the hidden nasties... same with processed meats ;) check out the ingrediants and see how much sugar salt, potato starches etc etc they add. This diet is all about stepping away from processed foods and going back to fresh foods

forgot to say check out the FAQ thread at the top of the dukan forum, lots and lots of help and advise on there also did you go to the official site and work out your true weight from the questionaire as 10 days is far too long an attack period for what you need to lose ;) I had to do 5 or 6 days and had over 5 stoner to lose. You probably will end up really painfully bunged up if you do too long... it wont make you lose any more than you would on a shorter period and your body needs the vegs to get things moving ;)

I get the quark in tesco or asda in the cheese aisle, usually near the end! X

Totally agree with whats been said already, get on the official Dukan site and find out how many days you need to do the phases for. I do have the extra light philly, but only a tsp occasionally and ive done ok. This eating plan works on changing your habits around food, i found its taken me back to basics especially around learning to cook, and meal planning, my diet over the last 8 weeks has been so varied, im getting more adventurous in the kitchen something i would never have done before, in fact i used to hate being in the kitchen cooking!!

Hope you have a better week Saska! Cx

Hi everyone, hope you've all enjoyed a lovely day out in the sunshine or relaxing in the shade.

Tks for all your comments, they really have helped. I feel a tad annoyed that the extra light cream cheese is listed as eat all you want...how much more of the book is wrong?!! If it's written in France then there should be a UK edition, USA edition etc etc as lots of food contents vary according to whichever country. It is totally misleading and if/when I have time I may well contact Mr Dukan lol and make my point. Had it not been for this forum and you folks I would have given up not knowing what I had done wrong.....infact I have done nothing wrong...it was the book that was wrong! Anyway still no BM today lol. The book says (how true who knows) that for the weight I have to lose then stay on this stage for 10 days for max results and so all protein days for me until this Thursday. I had plain 0% Greek yoghurt with oat bran for b'fast...two home roasted turkey breasts for lunch and some steamed cod for tea all washed down with about 2L of still water and I feel fine, not hungry at all and not suicidal as last night....feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders knowing what had gone wrong...and all thanks to all of you! Have a great Dukan week and will update soon. Hugs to all ....Saska x

Saska what a positive post, keep up your good Dukaning even though you attack period seem too long for you weight. This site is worth its weight in gold for the advice off the girls/gents x

This site is worth its weight in gold for the advice off the girls/gents x

You are absolutely correct.....diamonds on here! In my post above I've not edited it but I ate two chicken breasts for lunch and not two turkey breasts.....now that would have been a big meal :eek: .Off now to read some more....lots of interesting facts here infact dunno why I bought that Dukan book, I'd sooner follow and believe the folks on here than that book ;). Have a good week, Saska x

Morning all, question for you...Is Onken fat free natural yougurt OK? I have been eating the 0% Greek up until now but bought this Onken as it said Fat Free but now I look at it in small print on the side of the tub it says Fat Free 0.1%. After my Philly experience I am being overly careful! Another hot one out there today so keep cool all you lovelies and tks......Saska :) x

Morning all, question for you...Is Onken fat free natural yougurt OK? I have been eating the 0% Greek up until now but bought this Onken as it said Fat Free but now I look at it in small print on the side of the tub it says Fat Free 0.1%. After my Philly experience I am being overly careful! Another hot one out there today so keep cool all you lovelies and tks......Saska :) x

Yes Onken is ok, it needs to be either 0.1 or 0% fat and very low in carbs as well, it can be fat free but full of sugar as with the fruit yogurts if you don't check carbs as well

I have to say I think you're being a bit tough on the Dukan book! I know it says extra light cream cheese but it doesn't mention a brand and its just bad luck that it's the name Philly give its low fat cream cheese. If you read the ingredients for EXL philly its 5% carbs and 4.7% fat which means it clearly breaks the rules. Its really the fault of the manufacturers who want you to believe its always good if it says 0% fat, you need to check the labels yourself and its probably easier to stick to what you know.

Onwards and upwards :D

Back