Not hungry

LVP123

Hello =) I'm on week 2 (2 days in) and I'm fing that I don't want to eat anything. I'm mega stressed atm, so much that I haven't gone to work today as I keep breaking down. This would usually mean comfort food to the max but the thought of eating is making me feel ill. I had to force a bar down me this morning and the thought of a shake right now is just gross. It's strange because I don't want normal food either.
Has anybody else had this or is it just me? I know I'll be ill if I start skipping meals..

I've also got a throbbing back and dead legs, no position can get me comfy.. Is that what they mean by muscle aches?

Would appreciate some input =)
x

i was just going to do a post like this! im on week 2 day 2 and im not hungry at all, i dont even want my shakes because im just not hungry. I will have them but i can be bothered!! so odd how things change.

It's normal to have no hunger at all whilst you're in ketosis as your body is essentially in a 'famine' mode where its switched off its messages for food and is breaking down your fat stores instead. It's so important that you have ALL of your foodpacks every day so you don't become malnourished. Believe it or not your weightloss will slow down with less than 3 packs as your body won't function as efficiently without 100% nutrition. Good luck and keep up the hard work! :) xxx

Maybe it's normal then! I'm hoping it stays like this.

The only time I want to eat something is when I smell garlic or chips!

Haha its amazing how much your sense of smell improves as well isn't it?? You're doing so well just keep going, you'll be at your goal before you know it :) xx

doublehappy said:
It's normal to have no hunger at all whilst you're in ketosis as your body is essentially in a 'famine' mode where its switched off its messages for food and is breaking down your fat stores instead. It's so important that you have ALL of your foodpacks every day so you don't become malnourished. Believe it or not your weightless will slow down with less than 3 packs as your body won't function as efficiently without 100% nutrition. Good luck and keep up the hard work! :) xxx

Thank you, I was wondering how I would keep this up for longer than a few weeks, but this is obviously why!
I really didn't want a shake last night so I had a chicken breast with a bit of Philadelphia and some ham on.. Prob about 400 cals worth. I thought it would be ok as it had a lot less carbs than a shake. I guess this isn't ok then as I'm not having the nutrients? x

Agree with the above - but you must have three packets, otherwise you will be less than well. You need the vitamins and minerals as well as the calories. Try a shake? - with extra comfort sweetener? It might go down easier than a bar.
GSQ

I'd always recommend having all your packs so you know you're getting all the nutrients you need. If you still choose to have a meal then of course stick to protein / salad, but yes you're right it doesn't act as a replacement for a pack because its not nutritionally complete xx

Hi, I'm on w2 day2 too guys and it's the same for me - I have actually felt quite sick today (you know how your throat goes 'lumpy' before you gag?) when I have sorted out food for my LO's and I had a shake earlier (I usually stick to soups and bars) and it went down alright. Exante is far more appetising than Cambridge which I did last year and they made me feel so sick I wasn't eating anything in the end so I had to come off it.
Stick with it - tomorrow's another day x

It does take a bit of getting used to that you're not actually hungry once you're in ketosis. One of the things that it's made me notice is the things that prompt me to want to eat - mostly emotional / stress / tired related. Because you know you're not actually hungry, it does make it easier to spot the times when previously you would reach for food... the trickier bit is working out a more constructive way to deal with them!

Anyway, glad you're in ketosis, and agree with the above, keep with the 3 packs a day, and hopefully you'll stay feeling full of energy and not hungry :)

Back