Total Solution Not in ketosis yet :(

Aw won't be long now I'm sure, normally takes me 3-4 days so will keep fingers crossed the "k" fairy visits tonight!!

mine really varies... coming up to end of day 3 and its not here yet :( xx

I was day 6/7 ;( still its here now though! I find the bars knock me out if I have them 2 days running!

I'm on day 5 and have no clue as to whether I am or not! Not sure whether to buy some ketostix.. Can u get them from boots?

Smell your wee. I know it's disgusting but if it smells of honey cereal then you are in. Best to get a small pot or pee bottle to smell it as you can't smell much in the toilet.

samthompson17 said:
Smell your wee. I know it's disgusting but if it smells of honey cereal then you are in. Best to get a small pot or pee bottle to smell it as you can't smell much in the toilet.

Ooh! I'll give that a go! I have got a sweet taste in my mouth?!

Can you get the ketostix from Boots? And what do you say if the chemist challenges you about them? I heard they don't like selling them to people on diets - or maybe I dreamed it! x

I dont think I ever go in to it fully... like loucille2 says with exante i struggle because of the bars

x

leedsforever said:
I dont think I ever go in to it fully... like loucille2 says with exante i struggle because of the bars

x

Hadn't thought of that - the bars affecting things. They are my 'treat' of the evening, not sure I can give them up?

I have Ketostix and they're a bit rubbish! Don't really ever indicate properly.

You can buy them off Amazon to avoid any questions but I'd say save your money. If your pee stinks and it feels like something has crawled inside your mouth and died - you're probably in Ketosis! ;)

L xox

Midge67 said:
Can you get the ketostix from Boots? And what do you say if the chemist challenges you about them? I heard they don't like selling them to people on diets - or maybe I dreamed it! x

That's what I want to know, I bet you get quizzed..

MrsGlas81 said:
Hadn't thought of that - the bars affecting things. They are my 'treat' of the evening, not sure I can give them up?

Exante says you can have one per day but I had one each day or 3 days and I'm sure came out of Ketosis and only lost 3lb which obviously is fine but it only started going down on day 4 when I stopped having them. I'm going to do an experiment this week and not have any - see what the loss is like (I know this isn't scientifically sound!)

I'd be interested to compare losses between people that have them regularly and not though!

L xox

I don't have bars anymore.

I found they made me tempted to nibble on real food. I don't know if this is all in my head or something to do with a lower level of ketosis.

When I did have bars my weight didn't budge for a day or two after.

I only had them for a week as I only had a few to try.

Hey guys well I checked with the ketosix again and it's 2 shades away from the darkest colour (purple) so I'm guessing I'm nearly there, maybe tomorrow or next but I do feel like the hunger is going I mean today that's me just had my second pack and normally I would be on my third for dinner by now but I will have a shake later so must be getting close.

Oh right lol, I wasn't sure, on the bottle it has some colours and each one gets darker, I thought you had to be the darkest colour , so pleasantly surprised by that info starlight thanks :D

That's just he presence of proteins in your urine but anything other than the beige negative is Ketosis - woo hoo! Well done!

Back