Total Solution Not Loosing On Exante

sambolina

Hello everyone this will be the third time i have written this thread, I really hope it actually is viewable this time, I am new to the site and was using an app to post and twice i wrote a long winded speech and twice, it did not post, so im on the actual webiste so here goes

I have been doing Exante for 10 days now I started at 11st 11lb last monday and I weighed again this monday just gone and i was still 11st and today I weighed 10 days from original date and yup, you guessed it, I still weigh 11st, how can this be, I am following it properly I am in Ketosis, i just don't get it, and infact its making me want to cry, I have been on a weight loss journey for the last 5 years, I started out weighing 14st 2lb and have slowly ben loosing it, in between having two children... I started on WW and then Biggest Loser, tried SW didn't like it, then toward the end I started Calorie counting, 1000 + 25g of fat per day, I guess you could say I have been eating healthy for a few years now, my problem is I binge eat really badly and once i start I cannot stop and can gain 7lbs in one weekend if I really wanted to enjoy myself ;)
I hit the 11st plateau in march this year and I just cannot get out of it.
I thought that a VLCD would be perfect way to blast through the last two stones, i am skilled in the art of maintaining the weight I have LOL ... all jokes aside I am really depressed about this, I started my Exante journey with a friend, who I hope she wont mind me saying weighed 14st 9lb....and now 10 days later she weighs 13st 13lb.......
I am happy for her loss but of course its making me question why i haven't had a single pound move from my fat botty!!

before anyone asks Yes I am drinking enough and yes i am sticking to plan and yes I am in Ketosis...

Am I an alien ?? LOL
Thanks for reading my super long first post, a very frustrated
Sam xxx

Hey hun..

i can understand you are fusrated! i would be too.. I have not lost much in the first week like others too. my guess would be that it is different for everybody!

my understandign is once you have used up the engery in your body then you shall start using up the excess and then burn fat. i think you should stick with in for a month and see how it goes.

I may not have lost alot of weight but i feel better my skin is clearin up alot! my periods are back! lol so it may be a case of the weight loss may come at a later stage. but hopefully not too long!

Have you tried checkign for inch loss... there are have fantastic posts on the site about inch loss as well as weight loss! try that and see if there is a difference!

stick with though hun! you will surely reap the rewards! an im here if u need to talk! :)

xxx

Sorry am I reading your post wrong. You started at 11st 11 and when you weighed on Monday you were 11 st? So you've lost 11lbs. Are you questioning that between Mon- Thursday you haven't lost anymore?

If that's the case you've lost 11lb in 10 days! Which in my book is pretty good!

TS averages 14lbs a month so if you've lost 11lbs then your on target. :)

Maybe I've read it wrong if so sorry :-(

Sorry am I reading your post wrong. You started at 11st 11 and when you weighed on Monday you were 11 st? So you've lost 11lbs. Are you questioning that between Mon- Thursday you haven't lost anymore?

If that's the case you've lost 11lb in 10 days! Which in my book is pretty good!

lol i just noticed that!!!

thats how iv read it too, a loss of 11lbs in 10 days.

I am totally new, but just saw this post.. if she typo'd and actually has not lost anything, the best thing to do would be to make an appt with her GP to have her thyroid levels checked. Several women in my family have underactive thyroid and they can barely lose weight no matter what. The test is free under the NHS and they usually want you to have 5 vials of blood drawn, as they test other levels such as Vitamin B. :)

Hi all,

Just wanted 2 add in 2006 i did lighterlife & managed 2 lose 3 stone in 3 months. I maintained but then had a accident & started to gain gradually. In 2007 i was diagnosed with am underactive thyroid (hypothyrodism) i. B4 that i tried so hard to lose weight diets etc but would only manage few lbs but would creep up again.
Since iv been diagnosed the medication has helped ibcrease my metabolism.
I know how ur feelings u put in so much effort but your heart sinks when u dont see results. Thats y i decided to cne bk & do a vlcd... I see & know if i stay 100% i will get results.
Stay true to urslf & focus i will wrk!!
Hope it helps.... Sorry abt the loooonnnngggg thread ?

Hi sorry was at work earlier when I replied. If it was a typo and you have not lost anything since you started I would definitely pay a trip to your doctor and speak to them. Like a poster earlier in said they can do some tests for you.

I can understand how frustrating it is, my hubby is losing weight a lot slower than other men and most woman on Exante! He however Wont go to the docs I think it's a pride thing!
Get it checked out, it can't hurt x

Hey thanks ladies ... Yeah it was a typo it was 11st..... However I am now either 10st 12 or 10st 9 my scales can't decide... I guess i am loosing just not a much as I wanted or thought I would ....... I am going to continue at it.... I do feel better i love being in control of my dieting habits/eating habits and going shopping today and buying size 10 tops was aaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzziiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnng :)

sambolina said:
Hey thanks ladies ... Yeah it was a typo it was 11st..... However I am now either 10st 12 or 10st 9 my scales can't decide... I guess i am loosing just not a much as I wanted or thought I would ....... I am going to continue at it.... I do feel better i love being in control of my dieting habits/eating habits and going shopping today and buying size 10 tops was aaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzziiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnng :)

Hun if you haven't got a lot to lose it's not gonna drop off you at the same speed as others! if your in a size 10 then your doing something right! :) keep going and remember that if you do STS again at least your not getting fatter :-D
Very pleased those naughty scales have moved for you x

Hi sambolina.
I was also frustrated as I was expecting big losses like everyone else. I lost 8.5 lb in 4 weeks and wanted 14 lb. But as said above if you haven't got much to lose it will be slower. I now weight 8 stone 12 lb so wanting another 5 lb. Im very impatient but I'm being sensible and adding protein each day. Just scared of carbs going forward. It will come off. Xx

Back