Not losing weight as fast

Today is day 12 on cd and I have only lost 2.4 kgs so far and I feel like giving up because it isn't as fast as what everyone is losing. I have stuck to the diet. Have had 3 meal replacements a day. Have only had a latte once and mint tea once. I Also put cinnamon on my porridge. Other than that have stuck with the diet.

Urgh, it is frustrating isn't it? :hug99:

But sometimes that's how the diet goes. Were you on another diet before you came on to Cambridge? If you were, then the chances are you'd already depleted you glycogen and water stocks, so you wouldn't get the big whoosh in the first week that other folks get.

Other things that make a difference - are you exercising a lot? If you are (and I know this is going to sound odd!) ease off a bit, because exercise on SS seems to slow down losses.

Are you hypothyroid - have you had trouble losing weight on other diets too? Might be worth getting that checked out - have a google of the symptoms and see if they fit.

Water intake is the other biggie - are you managing to drink at least 4 pints a day? If not, try and get the amount up a bit.

Are you constipated? If it's been a while (or hasn't been much), consider taking a laxative to get things moving. Senna usually works well.

If it's none of these things, then still hang in there. Some folks do start out slow on this diet, losing 4 pounds the first week, then only 2 the next - and then have a week where 7 pounds fly off. You might be that person. It will work but goodness knows, I know it's hard to be patient when you're feeling so deprived!

Just remember that this diet will work faster than any other diet, even if you're off to a slow-ish start.

And finally, well done on the 2.4kg off so far. :clap:

Hi Lily,
Before starting the cd diet I was in a low fat diet for a month in which I lost 6 kilos. I was also walking for 45 mins 4 to 5 times a week. since I start this diet I haven't really had the energy to walk so I have taken it easy. I have been drinking between 2.5L to 3L a day. I have PCOS and an irregular period so could that also be a reason?

Hi Lily,
Before starting the cd diet I was in a low fat diet for a month in which I lost 6 kilos. I was also walking for 45 mins 4 to 5 times a week. since I start this diet I haven't really had the energy to walk so I have taken it easy. I have been drinking between 2.5L to 3L a day. I have PCOS and an irregular period so could that also be a reason?

Aha - so it was reason one, then (not that I numbered them! :)). If you came straight off the last diet on to this diet you wouldn't get the whoosh effect, or not such a big one, anyway. But the good news is you should still expect to lose 3-4 pounds a week.

That might not mean that you actually do lose 3-4 pounds a week, just that that'll work out to be your average loss when you look back in a couple of months time. So you might be looking at a 2 pound loss this week (although if it's day 12 there's still a couple of days for the scales to drop!) but next week you might lose 4-5 pounds.

Meant to add that this diet sometimes does wonders for sufferers of PCOS - being in ketosis seems to have a positive effect on our monthy cycles (once our bodies get used to the idea, anyway!). :)

Lily my period is all over the place so I really hope this diet helps regulate my period.
I have noticed since starting this diet I have become very irritable and as a result I am a monster around my husband and the kids.
Speaking of my spouse tmrw is his birthday and he really wants to take me out for sushi. If I replace my 3rd shake with sushi will that be terrible? Isn't sushi healthy?

Sushi is healthy but it has carbs so might put you out of ketosis.

so if I go out of ketosis I will need to start from the beginning? I am thinking with 2 shakes and sushi won't I be under 800cals?

The carbs in sushi make it unsuitable for Cambridge. It's not just about calories. Also those carbs will probably knock you out of ketosis, which will mean starting all over again - hunger pangs, cravings, maybe even headaches...

It can be very difficult to get back on track once you go off-plan. For many - no matter how hard they try - it can mean the end of the diet.

Not saying this will happen to you! Just mentioning what could happen, so you know.

Could you get a take-away? that way he doesn't miss out and you don't have to eat it :p

The thing we need to think about for long term on these diets is that not everything needs to be celebrated with food, perhaps suggest something else.

is that ticker reflecting your loss in 12 days? Because i'm sorry but where else could you lose 11lb in 12 days? I just don't see why you're upset.

That's not a slow loss it's an amazing loss!!

is that ticker reflecting your loss in 12 days? Because i'm sorry but where else could you lose 11lb in 12 days? I just don't see why you're upset.

That's not a slow loss it's an amazing loss!!

I don't think ticker represents her 12 day loss as she says 2.4 kgs in her first post which if i'm correct is around 5lbs x

The ticker represents the weight i have lost since the beginning of 2012. I lost most of the weight in January by basically starving myself. since starting cd it was 2.4 kgs. I go to get weighed on wednesday so i am trying to stay positive until then.

Well done for sticking to diet, your will power is admirable!

Sushi is a good restaurant alternative... Once you're back on normal food!! Xxx

Back