Not losing weight

twistedwoman

Hi, I've lost over 6 stone on a VLCD and swopped to paleo now as a long term way of eating. I'm averaging 1600 calories and 46 carbs but not losing weight. Any ideas?

Hiya,
firstly congratulations on losing 6 stone!

How long have you been doing Paleo? It will probably take your body a while to adjust after VLCD.
How much more weight do you have left to lose?
How tall are you, do you know what your maintenance kcals are?

Today I have had:

Breakfast: bacon and eggs

Lunch: chicken and rocket salad with balsamic vinegar

Snack: handful of almonds

dinner: steak, cabbage, courgette and broccoli

I think the above questions are very relevant. Even on a vlcd diet I have weeks when I lose nothing. Now you are on Paleo your carbs are still low so you should not really be gaining food related water weight, but your hormone levels can impact on water weight. Also the actual bulk of the meal will take a little while for your body to digest, depending on your personal digestive system. Therefore, if you are on the first few days of this I would not worry, it will soon shift. If in the first 2 weeks and not gaining I would still not worry. If you are really close to goal weight then I'm afraid probably it will take a bit longer to drop the final few pounds. Take care, you will get there!

I am exercising but confused as to the weights, think I might have to book a personal session somewhere as I'm doing it at home and not sure what I'm supposed to do. The weight is now shifting, have lost 2lb so far this week from Monday. I think my body had to adjust from just all liquids.

make sure you take measurements!!! If you're building muscle you'll be smaller but the weight wont seem to budge!! x

Back