Not losing weight?

~BeccaStar~

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could give me some advice! I lost 10lbs within my first week (down from 220lbs) but now I've been stuck at 210lbs for almost a week :(

Could not drinking enough water be preventing me from losing any more weight?! I drink 2 - 2 1/2 litres a day and sometimes 3 litres if I can manage it. The only way I haven't stuck to the LT plan is that I missed my final shake on one day because I was feeling too nauseous to have it... could missing a shake or two stall your weight loss?

Thank you for any tips as it's a bit disheartening when the scales don't move at all despite being 100%, especially because I'm finding it hard to resist my cravings!

Don't give up!! Sometimes you'll have a crappy week and not lose weight but overall you lose LOADS on LT.

You must look at the long term - not just week to week. :)

Thanks and, is this your first time on Exante? How are you finding it? Have you been on LT before too?

I've done LT a few times :eek:

I think this is my 3rd or 4th time on Exante.

I tried S&S once too but couldn't stick to it as I was starving all the time.

I'm fine at losing the weight but I suck at maintenance! I've started doing more exercise now so hopefully that'll help. :)

Good luck in your journey!

Maintaining's the hard part! Good luck for your journey too!

Can I ask, is Exante a lot better than LT? Is the rate of weight loss the same? I'm getting really antsy on LT and was considering swapping to Exante.

missing shakes doesn't stall weight loss, I missed loads when I was ill and still managed to lose the same weight I was each week.
I do however recommend not weighing yourself every day. Keep it to once a week minimum (the only time I weigh myself is when the chemist does it at weigh ins) that way you have something to strive for and look forward to each week.:)

missing shakes doesn't stall weight loss, I missed loads when I was ill and still managed to lose the same weight I was each week.
I do however recommend not weighing yourself every day. Keep it to once a week minimum (the only time I weigh myself is when the chemist does it at weigh ins) that way you have something to strive for and look forward to each week.:)

Thanks Hazelr, I'm glad missing shakes won't stall my weight loss because I'm only on one or two a day at the moment.. just can't stomach them right now! Drinking lots of water though. I've ordered some Exante products to mix and if they're good I'll switch. Still got 9 days worth of LT left to use up as well during the crossover. I only weighed myself each day at the start to spur me on seeing the numbers go down but now it's slowed down and I know for a fact my weight will go down if I stick to it, I'm only going to weigh myself weekly.

Missing the shakes regularly can mess up your weight loss I think.

Also you can get really sick if you keep missing them. If you read back in this forum over the years there are some horror stories. (I assume they're still here unless old threads get deleted after a bit if they're not looked at.)

You really must force 3 packs down yourself a day otherwise you can mess yourself up and even end up in hospital. :(

Try freezing them for 'icecream' or blending them with ice or even making crisps with the soup.

Exante is cheaper and tastes way better but I've found the weight loss is slower for me. About 8-10lbs a month instead of the stone a month on LT... But for me I'm happier being able to have porridge for breakfast, a bar for lunch (that doesn't smell like dog poo) and a 'meal' in the evening.

Hi and, did you ever swap from LT to Exante? I have and I'm a week into Exante now. Just wondered if you had, if you gained weight during the swap? I gained three pounds and my stomach bloated out but I'm hoping if I up my water intake and maybe introduce some light exercise when I can then the numbers on the scales will start to go down again.

I found my weightloss on exante is much slower - only 8lbs a month as opposed to a stone a month on LT. But it's so much nicer. :D

Back