Not losing weight

Nicd1981

Hi - I'm new to the forum.
I've started cambridge last week , and followed it to the letter but not lost any weight .
I'm so upset , I started this diet as I'd been doing lighter life , and exercise and still didn't lose much weight .
I go away in 3 weeks , and for last 10 weeks I've been dieting / exercising and lost inches but no weight .
What am I doing wrong ?

I'm on step 2, eating 3 CD and 1 meal of
Chicken and veg a day .

I'm willing to try anything to shift this stone before I go away !! (I'm 11stone 12 at home scales now , was 11 10 when I got weighed at consultants last Wednesday )

So I may of even gained ??

Help ?? Xxx

Thanks Nic x

Don't worry Nic! Your scales may be as much as half a stone different. i n one scientific study at higher weights, more than 15% of people's scales were off by more than 6 lbs. (2.3 kg). Use measurements from one scale only.

Just checking - are you drinking the water as recommended? That makes a real difference as it helps your liver and system process the protein.

And exercise? If you are doing a lot yr body may be hanging onto weight. Talk to yr Cambridge Counsellor about it.

Stick with it and see what results you get.

If you don't have a loss, consider using a vlcd that has lower carbs. It maybe that you are very carb sensitive. Happy to tell you more if you don't have a loss.

Thanks for your reply .
Maybe it is my scales ?
Yes I am drinking the water , well trying to .
Also lots of herbal teas so prob drinking more than required .
I am having the odd cup of tea though ( skim milk and sweetener) and I'm defo not in ketosis, I bought keto sticks from the chemist earlier (should of seen the woman's face when I explained why I needed them ) 🤣🤣🤣
I'm getting weighed in morning at 8.30 . So fingers crossed xx

Oh and I meant to add . Yes I go to personal training twice a week , boxing and HIIT training . Do you think this could be the trouble ?

That's a hell of a lot of exercise. This is important as you risk lowering your metabolic rate (so need less calories > therefore loose less weight than others. Slim & save say: When on a VLCD you can expect your energy levels to be lower than normal, even when in deep ketosis. Due to the lack of glycogen and water in the muscle, performing too much exercise will actually lower your metabolic rate without increasing fat/weight loss.

FAQ for cambridge diet 16. Do you recommend exercise with Cambridge Weight Plan?
Answer
Cambridge Weight Plan encourages all the well-known principles of healthy eating and a physically active lifestyle. Being physically active forms an important part of your weight loss journey, and is also key to your long-term weight management.
How much exercise you undertake depends on a number of factors: what Step you are following, any medical conditions you have or medications you take, your current capability for exercise, age, lifestyle and your current level of activity.
It is recommended that other than gentle walking, no physical activity be undertaken in the first two weeks of Step 1. This will allow your body to adjust to being on the Step you are following. After this period, gentle to moderate intensity exercise is encouraged. If you want to do rigorous exercise at the gym or you are in training for a sports event, Step 3 or more would be more suitable.

Ketosis: the ketostix do not work once you are in ketosis. For more info read http://ketopia.com/why-you-need-to-stop-worrying-about-the-color-of-your-ketostix/

I'm sure you'll be Ok tomorrow.

Ali

So they suggest more food - step 3.

hi - im new to this thread and started Cambride Step 2 last Tuesday - been ok so far but i'm hungry a lot of the time? also we are at a friend birthday Saturday night for Chinese takeaway and I really don't know what I can order - any suggestions
this is ok but I do feel hungry - and I don't understand what ketosis is - could someone explain please

Back