Not losing :(

MamaC

Silver Member
Iv been on this diet for a long time now and I'm starting to get a little frustrated! I'm losing weight on the scales but not inches I seem to be stuck in a rut :( anyone else had this problem xx

Are you close to goal? How many more inches do you have to go? Is it just extra skin there now or does it still have some emptying to do (sorry, couldn't think how to word that better!). I've had the opposite - I'm dropping sizes but not weight. Guess its just one of those things?

I'm still a good few stone from goal :( I seem to be losing some on my legs and up near my shoulders etc but my hips and entire tummy area are refusing to budge!!!
My hips started at 50 but went to 44 really quickly in the first few weeks( makes me think I was carrying a lot of water weight) waist started at 41 and is now 38!
They have been the same now since I last measured at the start of April :( am I doing something wrong? I'm never going to fit in any of my holiday clothes :(
Xx

Are you doing any exercising at all? If it is 'skin' then some toning could be the answer? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Iv been doing a little exercise but not lots as I find it hard to get time with a 2 and 3 year old :( I wish I had the confidence to go swimming but again it's finding the time to do it with the kids xx

Iv been doing a little exercise but not lots as I find it hard to get time with a 2 and 3 year old :( I wish I had the confidence to go swimming but again it's finding the time to do it with the kids xx

What's happened to the Shred? x

I tried it twice and felt really dizzy for the rest of the day :( thought it might be best left for when I'm back to eating more calories!!! Xx

Well I don't know what's going on :( I'm dropping lbs but not budging in sizes! I'm going to keep with the diet till I go on holiday and just pray for a miracle to happen!!! I might re assess my diet when I get back though.
Just feel bad now that my OH spent all that money on holiday clothes that won't fit me :( xx

From experience slim and save was too many carbs for my Sister and she lost 3 stone 2 lbs in 3 months and didnt drop one dress size and she came to conclusion she wasn't in kerosis and was losing muscle and all sorts. She's on weight watchers now and has been for 5 months she's lost a further 2 stone and is a new woman. Skinny Minnie. She gained back 16lbs of her vlcd weight loss in 2 weeks on ww then started losing again at a steady pace xx

Ketosis lmao not kerosis :-/ She was a a size 20 and after 3 months she could fit an 18 but was bulging out of it big time. She's now a 12/14 but looks amazing.

What do you mean by too many carbs? Can you actually go lower than the carbs on s&s? My average daily carbs is 48! I'm losing weight on my legs my chest and back etc just seems to be my hips and tummy area that aren't budging :(
I asked an old friend who's a nurse and she has said I will struggle no matter what to get rid of that after having kids :( xx

I'm quite tall and although I am obviously dieting because I'm overweight my weight is spread really evenly. Even though when I started this diet
I had six stone to lose the largest clothes I've ever worn are a size 16, however 3 stones lighter and I'm only just starting to notice a difference in my clothes size. Not sure why this is but I know if I stick with it those sizes will change and they will with you too MamaC. Don't go talking yourself out of sticking with this, if the inches are shrinking then the clothes sizes will follow x

Thanks Hun I'm going to stick with it :) waiting on a new order arriving today :)
My OH an a friend who's also on the diet have talked me round, they made me realise iv come along way and would be daft to throw in the towel now!!!
If my holiday clothes don't fit it's just an excuse for another holiday so I can wear them :) I need to start being more positive xx

woah 20g carbs is mad, 48g is completely fine! the recommended daily carbs for 'normal' eating is 300g ! just to throw that in there.

I think the diet might just be moving faster than your body, In my weight losing experience, I initially noticed a visible difference, then not much for ages, then suddenly looked different again.
I also find different parts of me shrink, my stomach flattens with water loss, then my face goes slimmer, and very slowly and eventually my bum shrinks.. and my legs take a few stones loss to look any different!

keep at it, you'll be rewarded soon! :)

Try not too worry too much, it took me to lose 3 stone before I dropped a dress size, before I switched to slim n save my CDC told me to think of it as peeling the layers of an onion off you have to take a ton of layers off before you see/ notice anything! You'll get there hun just stick with it! Xx

Iv dropped a few dress sizes when I first started the diet! I just seem to be stuck on an 18 and have been for months now :( iv lost 4st 9lbs! Jut thought I would have been smaller by now that's all xx

I can be 9 stone to 10.5 stone and a size 10. 11 stone and I'm a 16. Go figure!

Back