Not ready to tell people yet...

leahs

So day 4 just starting for me and I feel fab. Have been 100% which is why I feel fab. I'm off to see Wicked this weekend with my family and as its Mother's Day tomorrow we are going out for lunch too.
Now, I am totally fine sitting with people whilst they eat (I'm so focussed), but I'm not ready to tell them I'm doing Cambridge yet!! I'm not ready for the negative comments that might follow!!
Any spectacular reasons I can give for not eating?!
Any one else choose not to tell and when did you feel more comfortable telling people?! x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I only chose to tell a select few. And then only when it would be obvious to them.

I was on antibiotics so couldn't drink alcohol and didn't feel like eating because the infection had knocked me sick and food made be queasy! I would pick at chicken and veg if forced but nothing more than that!
Hope you have a good weekend!

Xxx

I actually found all the negative comments kept me from cheating while I was doing it. Every time I'd consider giving in to temptation I remember all the lines i.e. you'll never stick it, its bad for your health, you'll gain all the weight back after, sure everyone does etc. and this would stop me from going off plan because Im far too stubborn to fail.

My parents know because I'm living with them at the minute and my mum is doing the diet with me. I've told two people in work but that's all. People think I'm on a protein diet, which I am really. I'm ok most of the time. Tonight for example I'm going out for food with friends but I can have a meal each evening so I chose the location and I will opt for steak and salad. I might treat myself to a diet coke too.
The tough day will be Monday. I'm out on a team day with work which will include lunch. I know I can just move my meal to lunch time but I have no control over what food is on offer. I might just take a bar with me to eat slyly then say I'm just not hungry. The person I could count on to eat my food for me isn't going.

I told EVERYONE apart from my parents (wanted to surprise them as they live away) and my In-Laws (have always been funny with me and previous other diets). I knew I needed the accountability and helped with people not offering me sweets and cake at work. Surprisingly everyone has been incredibly supportive with only one nay-sayer of the diet, but she's been very supportive of my loosing weight. She lost a lot of weight with Weight Watchers and is convinced that that's the best way to loose weight - which it was for her I'm a firm fan of everyone should find their own path but I've addressed her concerns, which were mainly about maintenance - which did concern me as well until I saw the steps!

I would go for Antibiotics personally if I wasn't ready to tell people.

The only person who knew I started this diet was my partner I didn't even tell my parents I waited until people started to notice and if they asked me if I was dieting then that is when I told them. My folks noticed after 3 weeks so wasn't much sneaking about lol and now that I'm over 3st down everyone knows lol. My excuses in the early days was I was unwell and scared to eat cos had an upset tummy it seemed to work.

Back